IGNORED

Aleksi Perala Colundi 17

Has anyone received the download codes for the CD, MD, cassette and postcard?

E-mailed them two days ago, but they haven't even bothered to answer...

Has anyone received the download codes for the CD, MD, cassette and postcard?

E-mailed them two days ago, but they haven't even bothered to answer...

lol

You want what you paid for or something? 

Sunshine 2 is a really cool little release. Sounds kinda like a throwback to his pre-Colundi stuff, the drums in particular. Really diggin it. It's incredible how consistently great he is given the massive volume of music he puts out.

I've Recently been listening to Simulation a lot too. It didn't immediately grab me like Sunshine 2 does, but after getting familiar with it I really like the way the tracks flow into each other. The progression across the whole thing makes it really rewarding to listen to front-to-back. I don't get that so much with the Colundi stuff.

I've also never actually listened to any Ovuca - what am I missing out on? 

I've also never actually listened to any Ovuca - what am I missing out on?

Wasted Sunday, a braindance classic.

Mental Union 1&2 are still some of my favorite tracks he's ever done. Except "Ska Train" - fuck the ska train.

Also, PROJECT V.

Mental Union 1&2 are still some of my favorite tracks he's ever done. Except "Ska Train" - fuck the ska train.

Also, PROJECT V.

Yes. Love Mental Union...and Ska Train ?

iirc afaik imho colundi was supposed to have 21 levels. which sounded impossible back then but of course aleksi has released albums of material outside of that. but we're up to 17 now so i suppose only 4 more before we can head back to MU5

Edited by dr lopez

Aleksi is just so fucking good.  Due to his massive output of good shit and just overall excellence I put him up there with Aphex as my favorite artist of all time.  This was Rephlex's greatest artist discovery, bar none.

I recently went back to the Astrobotnias after being away for a while.

DAMN  they are so brilliant and completely unique to anything else he ever did, it's like he invented his own genre, Spacey Spastic Braindance.  I'm glad he used a different name for this stuff.

As far as stuff under Ovuca, Wasted Sunday is the best thing he did.  One of my favorite albums of all time.

Also, PROJECT V.

Yes. Love Mental Union...and Ska Train ?

I would accept Ska Train if there was ever a relevant time and place for a track like that...

...but that train has LEFT THE STATION

Boom Blaster and Mental Union are my favorite ones (along the 3 Astrobotnia volumes) of his. I miss the diverse sound-palette he then used : I <3 Colundi, but it often sounds too samey compared to his previous stuffs.

• 2 weeks later...

SD card is so incredibly lush. Imagine a slightly slowed down Sunshine 2.

this hurts. I guess i missed out on the SD card. just like I missed out on the SD card last time. I guess these two and the wire recording are the only physical colundi I'm missing.