IGNORED

Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy

Nebraska

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's like a dumber, sillier and more likable Nikki Minaj and I mean that 100% in a positive way.

I've only come across her on occasion via YT videos and such, so apologizes if that comparison is off

lol the trilling and meowing

I was in line for the shitter at Day for Night while Cardi B was on stage. Overheard behind me: "Cardi B? More like Cardi D-". I had to agree with him based on the performance.

mhm-eoww

lol the trilling and meowing

I was in line for the shitter at Day for Night while Cardi B was on stage. Overheard behind me: "Cardi B? More like Cardi D-". I had to agree with him based on the performance.

lol

^ is this Tim Hecker playing in the background???

lol that might be Tim Hecker. Sounds like something from his last one alright.

That video from the I Heart Radio Awards, I mean, I was mostly saddened by the fucking people in the crowd, presenters, etc. The late 2010s are looking like a total trainwreck for 'pop culture.' And just. My god. I guess I'm just too old. Everyone just looks so fucking silly. I dunno. I'm a grump.

Cardi's a good rapper but she's gotta do some more original shit. What I've heard are all strong but just taking from elsewhere (Bodak flow sounds straight out of fucking 10-15 years ago). She ain't gonna last long if there ain't more to her...especially letting weak shit in like that 21 Savage joke of a verse on the Bartier Cardi track.

She's like a dumber, sillier and more likable Nikki Minaj and I mean that 100% in a positive way.

I've only come across her on occasion via YT videos and such, so apologizes if that comparison is off

i like her coz she's so "bario" and real

this is sewer music

i lol'd.

she's no Missy Elliot. to me all the mumble rap and this cardi b stuff sounds like too much sugar in candy cereal topped with xanax and mimosa.  [shakes fist at cloud]

edit: wil add i think weird pop and all this stuff is a transition to something but what no idea.. it's way better than all the paint by numbers pop and country pop out there. fuck. 

It seems like female rappers are always hyper-sexualized in the mainstream. It's not Cardi or Nicki's fault per-say, but I just wonder if folks like Queen Latifa, Missy, Lady of Rage, etc. would make it in the current climate. Three 6 Mafia had Gangsta Boo as part of the group in the 90s, but I can't imagine a mainstream posse rap group doing that now. Could you see Migos having a female member that wasn't just there for sex appeal?

It just seems very skewed, and I'm kinda fucked up about it, like, why were the 90s more progressive about this than now? Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Totally agree. The hyper sexualised image of female rappers really irritates me. Usually the music is actually really good so can we just stop twerking now etc etc etc please. I suppose sex sells.

cardi b literally got fake tits and tweeted "funny" stuff like "eat my pussy" to become famous. she has no interest in music other than the attention and a means to make money. white guys can write intellectualizing posts on tiny mix tapes drawing comparisons to this that and the other but the truth of the matter is that the music is complete shit and not worth anything. might as well just jack off to a hot girl.

It just seems very skewed, and I'm kinda fucked up about it, like, why were the 90s more progressive about this than now? Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

^

white guys can write intellectualizing posts on tiny mix tapes drawing comparisons to this that and the other 

Everything is so goddamn meta and post-ironic online now, I feel like sometimes no one actually gives a straight opinion on anything anymore. It's more likely for someone to write a think-piece about how Kim Kardashian's ass represents accelerationism than say she's a gimmick and laud worthwhile pop culture.

Have to say I haven't listened to any Cardi B at all so yeah I can't comment on the music itself. But yeah, I'm interested in music not image so people like Nicki Minaj just irritate me.

Archived