IGNORED

Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy

Nebraska

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a hard time telling, which, if any of the comments were meant to address my post.

Just to clarify, my post was not meant to sex-shame Cardi B. I question what the industry promotes, and the fact that it seems like most female artists are relegated to indie status unless they are a sex symbol.

If my post came off as wishy-washy, it's because it's a delicate issue... it's regressive to push back on women for being sexual, but it's patriarchal to support an industry that promotes women primarily for sex appeal. The same issue comes up in other areas, e.g. wait staff being tipped more for showing cleavage, or hiring a receptionist because they are attractive when there are more qualified candidates, etc. Because we are human we value attractiveness, and because we live in a patriarchy, we focus even more on that with female-bodied people. But it's important not to hate and shame the people who are gain to that priviledge, and look at the problems in our society instead.

tldr; don't hate cardi b because she is sexualized. F the patriarchy.

I'm having a hard time telling, which, if any of the comments were meant to address my post.

Just to clarify, my post was not meant to sex-shame Cardi B. I question what the industry promotes, and the fact that it seems like most female artists are relegated to indie status unless they are a sex symbol.

If my post came off as wishy-washy, it's because it's a delicate issue... it's regressive to push back on women for being sexual, but it's patriarchal to support an industry that promotes women primarily for sex appeal. The same issue comes up in other areas, e.g. wait staff being tipped more for showing cleavage, or hiring a receptionist because they are attractive when there are more qualified candidates, etc. Because we are human we value attractiveness, and because we live in a patriarchy, we focus even more on that with female-bodied people. But it's important not to hate and shame the people who are gain to that priviledge, and look at the problems in our society instead.

tldr; don't hate cardi b because she is sexualized. F the patriarchy.

LoL

indeed, people talking about Cardi/Minaj being something new and damning about culture like Lil Kim never happened.

Be sure to reference Female Black Artists you approve of in your critical posts so we know you're 'down' with the 'good stuff' and not a racist or anything.

I'll take this over BrainYawnEra any day.

Without Cardi b we would not have lines like "yo pussy smell like turtle tank" and for that I am grateful :cat:

for the record I find this just as insipid as Cardi B 

I can't really get into this meticulously curated overwrought "lo-fi" art student stuff in the form of slickly presented PR-riddled EPs when there are literally 100s of bedroom producers making more interesting and sincere stuff everyday

*nods in agreement*

this shit is so fucking embarrassing. people only make music that sounds like this and music videos that look like this because that's "what's cool" right now. nothing inventive, clever, original in any way at all. it's quite simply made so other people can say "have you heard" or "oh nice" 

i can't deal with this type of production. the second i heard those annoy rhythm sounds I immediately stop listening and begin  saying bad words

this shit is so fucking embarrassing. people only make music that sounds like this and music videos that look like this because that's "what's cool" right now. nothing inventive, clever, original in any way at all. it's quite simply made so other people can say "have you heard" or "oh nice" 

i can't deal with this type of production. the second i heard those annoy rhythm sounds I immediately stop listening and begin  saying bad words

u ok?

no. going to school and living around those people makes me very angry. they are trying really hard to be cool but are doing things that other people do to be cool, like have a boring "dreamy" rap single that a jewish kid from wesleyan produced. everyone knows it's actually the coolest to obsess over a hard to find B12 12" from 1994 that literally 5 people on earth give a shit about.

indeed, people talking about Cardi/Minaj being something new and damning about culture like Lil Kim never happened.

Be sure to reference Female Black Artists you approve of in your critical posts so we know you're 'down' with the 'good stuff' and not a racist or anything.

Without Cardi b we would not have lines like "yo pussy smell like turtle tank" and for that I am grateful :cat:

Dude, I'll take most things over BrainYawnEra... I don't know where your assumptions are cominng from. The reason I name dropped the people I did is because I legitimately love their art. I listen to more rap than I do bedroom IDM these days, and it's mostly current. I genuinely listened to Lil Kim and Nicki for a while, I just feel like pop music is toxic... I feel like it gets into grooming when Nicki's top song talks about fucking dudes for drugs and abusing prescription pills, and they play that shit at the roller rink with little kids there, and there's a giant Nicki poster over the Girls section at Target (not a joke/exageration)

Edit:Sorry if I derailed the thread y'all. I'm out

I honestly didn't know who she was until I this thread... I heard her name uttered by my son a few weeks ago when we were eating sushi. I haven't heard a lick of her music and don't intend to. Sometimes I love being sheltered from the outside world.

yaeji is trill af famalam

What if I think the entire culture is trash

i can't deal with this type of production. the second i heard those annoy rhythm sounds I immediately stop listening and begin saying bad words

yaeji is trill af famalam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-UVW4x2YE

wow this is sooooooooooo random!!

XD

what does trill mean

Archived