03. 0xis.Xfs.OwtKm. 5:07

04. Pot-axi-iodate 8:05

05. Pectina 8:17

06. Fled iv 9:28

07. Basile 4:34

08. Rnk-d2 7:39

09. Black On Maroon 7:06

http://www.aperturerecords.com/record-shop/costruzione-04-ap009dl

http://www.aperturerecords.com/record-shop/costruzione-04-ap009lp (vinyl)

After a period of hibernation, aperture records awakens with a bang and a compelling program in the pipeline.

Following their first album released on aperture at the tail end of 2015 ’no.3.obliate’, the Italian duo t.e.s.o. bring us their second full-length album ‘costruzione 04’.

As the title suggests, the album centres around an underlying theme of construction, inspired by radical architecture, brutalism and collages from Superstudio. The concept and title evolved from the nature of the album and the process of building up tracks from a number of separate samples, much like the singular elemental materials used to assemble a structure.

Alongside their music production, the duo have previously created a multimedia installation that investigated the geometric studies of Le Corbusier in parallel to the musical production of Erik Saite and Matteo Castiglioni continues to create impressive audiovisual installations such as the recent ‘Freddo Flusso’ and ‘neon(i)’, as well as a collaboration with Danilo Randazzo. t.e.s.o also continue to perform absorbing live sets of their own inimitable range of musical perspective and vision.

Intense, visual and structured, ’costruzione 04’ again showcases t.e.s.o.’s complex, obscure and dominant beats and their oblique and sometimes challenging style.

Vip3Ktul.jpg

• 1 month later...

I listened to this in full today (via Spotify) and wasn't very taken by it. Was definitely interesting at times, and I didn't dislike anything really, I just wasn't very engaged. May just be me or not the right day for it or something. Felt a little more aimless and almost unfinished at times? Just a first listen so who knows.

Archived