IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I'm just extremely curious what tomorrow's set will be like.

I hope they will REALLY surprise us. I mean, in a REALLY kind of way. Personally, my body is ready for a recorder reinterpretation of Incunabula. 

It's going to be covers of 80's hip-hop done with bagpipes and meshed together with giraffe hums and samples of cats in heat. 

All sequenced in MAX, of course... 

Edited by Hk47

i'm liking the tracks a lot more 2 after a week of chill listening and i can't wait till tommorrowz

total bonkers we get 6 more hours, unholy shitballs! i haven't felt like this since i was a kid on christmas

:beer:  cheers to all you exited autechre fans out there, what an unforgetable blast!

:beer:

Yeah I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow... Bust through the front door - head straight for the computer and load up the stream. 

I get off right as a replay should be starting, so I'll have to listen to the first 10 minutes in the car... but SO FREAK'N PSYCHED. 

=D

Might just take an extra careful drive through the country for a few hours... 

=P

:music:

tbh i'm wondering why there isn't more arguing about what of this is actually live or something lol.

Well the last track definitely isn't unless they're insanely talented in performing at bi-directional sample-accurate timing (which, actually I wouldn't put it past them !)

Yeah, when modey posted that waveform (it always comes down to examining the waveforms doesn't it?) that pretty much sealed that this wasn't actually really live...there may be some aspects of it that are live, but it wouldn't surprise me if now if this was 100% prerecorded and designed to fit exactly to the 1:59:00-2:01:00 format or whatever leeway they were given with the time. Will be curious to hear them talk about it at some point soon (with huge new release of music and live dates coming up, we're guaranteed something).

That's not true.  They could have performed both halves in parallel, chosen a "doubling point", then flipped the stereo sides and replayed them in reverse (right?)

Edited by Zeffolia

It's going to be covers of 80's hip-hop done with bagpipes and meshed together with giraffe hums and samples of cats in heat. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8465330

Just want to say t1a1 deserves more love, each thump is unique. It's a vastly improved TBM2,

woah woah woah waoh, TMB2 happens to be one of the most killer tracks on elseq, that is like *the* chillout track of that album, dim the lights slow smoke hovering in the air, your eyes sink back in your head, wafts of the most amazing perfume, gorgeous women with full thick breasts, rainy city lights at night blurring in slo-mo along the lake…

also TBM2 has such insane visual 3d sonics, it's like i experience that track like an axis in my head when i close my eyes, it knocks so hard. ugh. it's pure sex. maybe the sexiest, sweatiest track they've ever done.

t1a1 is pretty sweet too, and i'm not talking trash about it by anymeans, but calling it an improved TBM2,… well, not to my ears :music:

More of the same then?

2vvm9l0.jpg

Brilliant

Ready for installment two. After several listens through the first session, gotta say, the second half is where it's at. Carefree counter dronal through 32a_reflected is where it's at.

Just want to say t1a1 deserves more love, each thump is unique. It's a vastly improved TBM2,

woah woah woah waoh, TMB2 happens to be one of the most killer tracks on elseq, that is like *the* chillout track of that album, dim the lights slow smoke hovering in the air, your eyes sink back in your head, wafts of the most amazing perfume, gorgeous women with full thick breasts, rainy city lights at night blurring in slo-mo along the lake…

also TBM2 has such insane visual 3d sonics, it's like i experience that track like an axis in my head when i close my eyes, it knocks so hard. ugh. it's pure sex. maybe the sexiest, sweatiest track they've ever done.

t1a1 is pretty sweet too, and i'm not talking trash about it by anymeans, but calling it an improved TBM2,… well, not to my ears :music:

Hmm. I'll have to try again. Kind of found TBM2 to just be a little oddity, just like a loop that doesn't really develop or go anywhere?

I was sure there was something I was missing. Maybe I am the problem?

Hmm. I'll have to try again. Kind of found TBM2 to just be a little oddity, just like a loop that doesn't really develop or go anywhere?

I was sure there was something I was missing. Maybe I am the problem?

Oh it's not a loop, there are many many subtle changes and and swirly background drones and grooves.