IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Not sure if its the "best" but NTS 3 defiantly the most interesting so far..

Regardless I think it's fair to say that it's by far the most interesting session so far.

^in camp.

man 3 is hard to pin down. to me it's easily the most inconsistent as a whole, be it in style or "quality".

slpesh and fLh are silly and annoying, which obviously is the point. the question is do they hold up as tracks rather than elaborate jokes? not sure tbqh. they're the dougie joneses of NTS sessions (thank god they don't make up 3/4 of it at least tho).

sorry for the negativity, just not feelin those, at least not now. there's plenty of amazingness on this. initial top tier: tt1, acid mwan, glos and nineFly. icari is currently growing.

wow really? The second half of splesh is absolutely incredible, and fLh is in the running for my fav track on this session.

I bet this could be more effectively expressed through meme, but following the comedown of 32a_reflected, when elec9 7hres comes on it feels like snorting an 8ball straight back onto the Aeoverload.bingemode.express all over again.

V true! Listened through from 1 into 2 a few times in the car and Elyc9 7hres does fuck you in the brain when it kicks in!

I bet this could be more effectively expressed through meme, but following the comedown of 32a_reflected, when elec9 7hres comes on it feels like snorting an 8ball straight back onto the Aeoverload.bingemode.express all over again.

V true! Listened through from 1 into 2 a few times in the car and Elyc9 7hres does fuck you in the brain when it kicks in!
Fact.

Splesh is officially my least fav track on NTS3.

Yeah for me it's the closest to a dud from all the 3 sessions. There's a couple of bits where it seems like it's going to develop but once the bassline cuts out it really loses momentum.

Still one duff track in 6hrs is a hell of a hitrate (and who knows I'll probably change my mind on it soon enough).

Splesh is officially my least fav track on NTS3.

Yeah for me it's the closest to a dud from all the 3 sessions. There's a couple of bits where it seems like it's going to develop but once the bassline cuts out it really loses momentum.

Still one duff track in 6hrs is a hell of a hitrate (and who knows I'll probably change my mind on it soon enough).

Yeah; it feels like it was supposed to go somewhere but fails (tho I agree that the latter portion gets a bit better). Leads me to believe that a lot of it was indeed played/manipulated live.

Not sure if its the "best" but NTS 3 defiantly the most interesting so far..

Regardless I think it's fair to say that it's by far the most interesting session so far.

^in camp.

man 3 is hard to pin down. to me it's easily the most inconsistent as a whole, be it in style or "quality".

slpesh and fLh are silly and annoying, which obviously is the point. the question is do they hold up as tracks rather than elaborate jokes? not sure tbqh. they're the dougie joneses of NTS sessions (thank god they don't make up 3/4 of it at least tho).

sorry for the negativity, just not feelin those, at least not now. there's plenty of amazingness on this. initial top tier: tt1, acid mwan, glos and nineFly. icari is currently growing.

wow really? The second half of splesh is absolutely incredible, and fLh is in the running for my fav track on this session.

cool, i'm glad it's getting love from someone. to me it just sounds like your standard binary beat with a silly ass clown theme playing along for 8 minutes. honestly if someone on watmm would have released this "yo guys i made a gonk theme kek" the last thing i would have thought "wait, that's gotta be ae!!"... dunno.

splesh is actually still the more interesting of both imo, just also a tad annoying and plodding along but the sound design at least sounded fresh to me initially.

maybe i'm not just not edge enough. will give both of em more chances fo sho.

Edited by jaderpansen

I think splesh is alright but fLh sounds very vanilla. like none of the sounds have that ae-panache, while there is some on splesh. 

loving tt1pd, glos ceramic, nineFLY and shimripl air though.

Edited by coax

I thought splesh was fun and gonky as fuck. Seriously it sounds like a grime track in the beginning. i then imgained flep the dolphin giving a lapdance to a robot with a big floppy silicon dick who just keeps slappin stuff with it in this underwater club

I've been going on about how good these sessions are. They are. But I do still want more bass. There's some tracks where I'm really craving some deep bass frequencies that aren't happening....(but did happen  more often in Elseq/Exai, even though they also share the sharpness of these sessions...)

That's why t1a1 still gets me and I am addicted to it. So much satisfying meat in the low end! Phwaaarr...

Edited by Lianne

In the shitty position of being in the most ridiculous exam period while these are coming out. Literally can't spare the time to listen to them, and can't listen while I'm working cause I only concentrate on the music then. Been listening to nts 1 and 2 in 20 minute chunks while walking to and from the library, but that's it, it fucking sucks. Also scared I'm gonna end up associating the music with this awful time. Think I'm just gonna leave 3 and 4 until after exams, but reading some of the stuff on here, all I wanna do is listen to 3 now!

At least after 10 fuckin exams I'll have 8 hours of new ae as a reward.

What are you studying mate ?

When you finish your study and you are employed in a capacity to utilise your knowledge and skills they will almost definitely br more stressful than study and exams depending on what it is . Relax and enjoy the Autechre

Fourth year theoretical physics. I love it, but when missing new ae enters the picture...not so much. Plus 10 exams in 4 weeks is too much. But anyway, this thread ain't about me, just wanted to vent somewhere.

cool, i'm glad it's getting love from someone. to me it just sounds like your standard binary beat with a silly ass clown theme playing along for 8 minutes. honestly if someone on watmm would have released this "yo guys i made a gonk theme kek" the last thing i would have thought "wait, that's gotta be ae!!"... dunno.

splesh is actually still the more interesting of both imo, just also a tad annoying and plodding along but the sound design at least sounded fresh to me initially.

Pretty sure if almost half of this was in EKT I'd have never thought it was AE. That's often the case with their new releases though for the most part, on first blush there's lots of DNAE there that's instantly recognizable but then tons of curveballs and just out of the way unexpected shit.

Every track on Session 3 was interesting at the least but I dunno how well they'll hold up for me over time. I do think splesh is a bit odd but one of the more likable odd ones for me so far :)

I've been going on about how good these sessions are. They are. But I do still want more bass. There's some tracks where I'm really craving some deep bass frequencies that aren't happening....(but did happen  more often in Elseq/Exai, even though they also share the sharpness of these sessions...)

That's why t1a1 still gets me and I am addicted to it. So much satisfying meat in the low end! Phwaaarr...

yeah this is way less bassy than elseq. glos ceramics would benefit from some crazy bass later on i think. there were a few tracks that had awesome bass but other than that... t1a1 is awesome but could be developed more as it progresses, but still dig it

Pretty sure if almost half of this was in EKT I'd have never thought it was AE. That's often the case with their new releases though for the most part, on first blush there's lots of DNAE there that's instantly recognizable but then tons of curveballs and just out of the way unexpected shit.

Every track on Session 3 was interesting at the least but I dunno how well they'll hold up for me over time. I do think splesh is a bit odd but one of the more likable odd ones for me so far :)

yeah fair points. it's just it (fLh) doesn't even really feature "dat max sound" if you know what i mean XD...

i will say one positive thing about it tho: as a slap in the face after the trance inducing mwan it works perfectly as intended. it's just then it goes on for 8 minutes in the same simplistic manner and by 2 it's not really fun(ny) to me anymore.

yeah fair points. it's just it (fLh) doesn't even really feature "dat max sound" if you know what i mean XD...

i will say one positive thing about it tho: as a slap in the face after the trance inducing mwan it works perfectly as intended. it's just then it goes on for 8 minutes in the same simplistic manner and by 2 it's not really fun(ny) to me anymore.

haha yeah, they're definitely expanding the 'max sound' that's dominated so much lately, with stuff like fLh and dummy casual, shimripl, g 1 e 1, splesh, e0, and others (none entirely different probably but still) and i'm going to be interested to hear them discuss this (hopefully they do)...maybe they're incorporating new stuff/hardware/techniques/etc

also with you on the length working against the track...i'd say that's the case for almost all of the NTS Sessions. it's not wrecking the tracks for me like it sorta did on elseq but i don't think there's more than like 3 or 4 that i've heard that i think don't need at least some fat-trimming. i'm not AE tho so who fucking cares what i think. and i'm definitely enjoying these tracks as they are so i'm not bitching, really.

(yet.)

Edited by auxien