IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Gotta double post when I get touched by the meme gods

BgQYjzl.jpg

song kicks ass

So I am living in this image but with 3+ foot high hurricane Harvey floodwater everywhere. And I am pounding out the drywall with a tire iron.....while listening to NTS 3 on my headphones.

^sorry to hear that/congratulations

edit: I'm donating an exclusive copy of previously unheard gonks to help you through these trying times

1rt9mv.png

Edited by Hail Sagan

This music make sme cum more with every listen. it makes me cum EVEN more. even more than the average person would feel comfortable with, and even more than the average non-average person would feel comfortable with. I spread my semen continuously in sheer endless fountains of ejaculate until everything is covered in my fertile slime. Yes that's how much I cum to this music.

CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM 

Gotta double post when I get touched by the meme gods

BgQYjzl.jpg

song kicks ass

one of my favorites. 

Wait, people really don't think that Session 3 is the best?! Seriously, I had my expectations high and they exceeded it. It's definitely the best so far. By this point, if Session 4 isn't the best thing ever made, it couldn't be the best; it'll be okay, just not the best. I'm astounded at how fucking killer this music is. 

9:55 tt1pd

tumblr_nioyzdY8vK1tzlrp7o1_500.gif

Where is that goofy basscadet mashup? I loved that thing. 

I do have to say, their sense of pacing is just unbelievable. I'm so glad they broke out of the typical album format. This month has just been ridiculous. Grand scale shit.

Its both gloriously free from the album format, but each one, as a session, flows better than any of their albums since maybe oversteps?  Grand scale shit indeed

Wait, people really don't think that Session 3 is the best?! Seriously, I had my expectations high and they exceeded it. It's definitely the best so far. By this point, if Session 4 isn't the best thing ever made, it couldn't be the best; it'll be okay, just not the best. I'm astounded at how fucking killer this music is. 

Speaking for myself, 1 was incredible but largely upon the realization of what was happening.  Session 2 is currently "favorite" as it just completely blew out of the water any expectations of what 2 more hours of new ae could be.  Mad consistent and upped the ante on most every track.  3 was insane and unique in its own way, but maybe im too overwhelmed by the sheer volume of new music to call it best.  Im pretty sure they will all go up in estimation with time and listens..

Edited by Marked x 0ne

My NTS3 sit in and the nice talk @ Reddit got interrupted because my wife invited mother and father-in-law for barbeque. My autistic thoughts were somewhere in the Ae sphere. I was a bad host. I wished I could gonk them home. lorne pls. And had some trouble with my wife later the evening. Fixed that. Bad conscience about my guests. sean pls.

tt1pd second half, and more so second half of the second half. It's a monster. It's Armageddon. Not yet into the set...

After another 2 goes through, this one is growing on me. I can't stop listening.

Even nineFLY gets pretty neat after you know what to expect a bunch of times. That growly rumbly bassline is super cool.

I'm going to have a hard time picking my fav on here. glos ceramic, clustro casual, splesh, tt1pd, fLh and icari are all contenders I would say.

acid mwan idle is like a strange combination of Tribes of Neurot - Adaptation and Survival: The Insect Project / Youngsbower - Relayer / and Coil - Four Phases..... Moon's Milk (the one with Copal, The Coppice Meat and U Pel)

fucking ay so good. finally time to listen to it in the studio. jebus. such great things happening in this music. can't think of what it reminds me of. some live sets but not. it's something else entirely. 

there's some great compacted bass and sub bass and generally all kinds of melody and tonal stuff that's just submerged in some tracks.  

put it right into my veins pls. 

Upon listening again NTS3 really is all over the place and just outright weird. Some of these tracks may take awhile to click. Some I may never like. A few I already love (clustro casual, acid wman idle, g 1 e 1, and shimripl air) .. mostly on the warm, ambient side.

nineFly makes me really uncomfortable in a way I don't think any Autechre has before. It reminds me of something Rob said in an interview about FM synthesis, how it makes the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. This is like a pure shot of that.

I said I'd be listening as soon as I got home but... my on-the-go headphones are kaput and I'd had my eye on some new ones, so I decided to kill two birds with one gonk and go and buy them now. looked up the nearest place from work that sold this Sennheiser HD4.40 wireless model I wanted and went out at lunchtime - they didn't have 'em but they did have the noise-cancelling 4.50 instead, so...

d1Ecq2R.jpg

gimme that 'chre, nibba!