IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I can't believe this.  It's so amazing

fLh is one of those tracks where there is nothing like it and there will never be anything like it ever again.  It's like a nightmarish version of something off Analords

I finally found what was bugging me in splesh : the bassline starting around 1 minute is very reminiscent (to me) of the 42DIMENSIT10 track from Aphex Twin Field Day album !

Interesting point just to consider;

I wonder if the NTS session # was arbitrarily chosen so that durations get as close to 2 hours as possible. 

And presumably tracks running order can be split roughly into sections of hour long chunks to fit on the CDs - yes - sadly, I just checked.

Therefore it may be fruitless saying you prefer the output of session 3 to session 1, it just worked out that way due to fitting stuff in?  It was all one long session, track order doesnt matter.

I wonder if the NTS session # was arbitrarily chosen so that durations get as close to 2 hours as possible. 

And presumably tracks running order can be split roughly into sections of hour long chunks to fit on the CDs - yes - sadly, I just checked.

Therefore it may be fruitless saying you prefer the output of session 3 to session 1, it just worked out that way due to fitting stuff in?  It was all one long session, track order doesnt matter.

or jams were edited accordingly to begin with... probably a mix of both. i find it hard to believe respective flow wasn't considered at all, like, check out those transitions... dunno, might be afterthoughts of course.

28r3cs.jpg

like srsly.

So they DID do it again. Elseq is officially eating dust. NTS1-4 might be the greatest release of the decade at this rate.

I still prefer both elseq AND exai to nts1-4

They are sold separately as 3xLP, so I think the NTS 2-hour format was essentially the starting point, and they really are meant to be 4 different sessions.

or jams were edited accordingly to begin with... probably a mix of both. i find it hard to believe respective flow wasn't considered at all, like, check out those transitions... dunno, might be afterthoughts of course.

If you think about it, with that number of tracks the chance for them to be sortable in 1hr chunks is relatively high, I don't think that they thought about the CD format when making the tracks

I think some of the track transitions work too well for this to be true. I expect the order was intentional but that the tracks were written or edited with the time constraints in mind.

If you think about it, with that number of tracks the chance for them to be sortable in 1hr chunks is relatively high, I don't think that they thought about the CD format when making the tracks

You can stretch a disc to around 80 minutes too. I think it's the logical consequence of having sessions that won't fit on a single disc + wanting to keep them separate = 8 discs.

tt1pd, I am so impressed. I could listen to the last minutes forever. The kick drum disorder also the closed hihats, those give me strong Lentic Catachresis feelings.