IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Just noticed how [g 1 e 1] sounds like it was hewn from those plonky acoustic strum sections at the end of AE_LIVE sets. Could be wronk though, the whole thing has been so disorienting so far (and I effing love it)

I'm driving from RI to NJ tomorrow and gonna try rolling straight through Jeff NTS Sessions 1 and 2, pee breaks in CT notwithstanding. I bet this could be more effectively expressed through meme, but following the comedown of 32a_reflected, when elec9 7hres comes on it feels like snorting an 8ball straight back onto the Aeoverload.bingemode.express all over again.

where in NJ?

and yea, the transition for session 1 to 2 is fantastic.

Just noticed how [g 1 e 1] sounds like it was hewn from those plonky acoustic strum sections at the end of AE_LIVE sets. Could be wronk though, the whole thing has been so disorienting so far (and I effing love it)

I'm driving from RI to NJ tomorrow and gonna try rolling straight through Jeff NTS Sessions 1 and 2, pee breaks in CT notwithstanding. I bet this could be more effectively expressed through meme, but following the comedown of 32a_reflected, when elec9 7hres comes on it feels like snorting an 8ball straight back onto the Aeoverload.bingemode.express all over again.

where in NJ?

and yea, the transition for session 1 to 2 is fantastic.

Going to Paramus/Ridgewood area for a friend's surprise birthday... just realized it's less than 4 hrs away so I might have to get lost on purpose or go looking for the had to-do-it-to-em kid (whoms'tve I've always just assumed is from NJ).  How's it on 4/20 in the garden state?

fLh fucking hell

key nell indeed.

Dis whole thing is doing me head in, plus those 94-95 Oscillate sets  :wtf:   

Edited by Bob Dobalina

Theory: g 1 e 1 is intended to be played at a quiet volume. 

I've played it in several modalities (car, small speakers. main stereo rig, headphones) and it always has passages that buzz/distort on the speakers when you blast it.  This was bugging me, so I found the volume level where this never happens. And POP, the track gets (even more) magical.  I believe they designed it intentionally to be played at low volume. In addition to the speaker overload, the variances in volume flatten out at lower volume, and it is super quiet in sections to begin with with the faux fade outs.  The main melody or whatever just has a more mysterious quality when it sounds distant and less in your face.

Give it a try.

All I got to say to New Jerseyans is make sure you're packin' tt1pd if you have to go thru Camden.

Also, I miss those bomb-ass subs and calzones. And the coast.

I've been going on about how good these sessions are. They are. But I do still want more bass. There's some tracks where I'm really craving some deep bass frequencies that aren't happening....(but did happen  more often in Elseq/Exai, even though they also share the sharpness of these sessions...)

That's why t1a1 still gets me and I am addicted to it. So much satisfying meat in the low end! Phwaaarr...

yeah this is way less bassy than elseq. glos ceramics would benefit from some crazy bass later on i think. there were a few tracks that had awesome bass but other than that... t1a1 is awesome but could be developed more as it progresses, but still dig it

what about the middle of splesh doe, dat bass is next level

What are you studying mate ?

When you finish your study and you are employed in a capacity to utilise your knowledge and skills they will almost definitely br more stressful than study and exams depending on what it is . Relax and enjoy the Autechre

Taxi driving can indeed be stressful.

And let's hope he will be utilizing his knowledge and skills.

So after I got home from work I decided to trek through the 6 hours of NTS. What a trip.

The biggest takeaway I have is how fantastically paced and well flowing this feels compared to elseq. Each album has a very distinct ebb and flow. There are noticeable climaxes followed by nice lulls all over the place. The narrative on this one is out of control.

Finishing on shimripl air followed by icari after being brutalized by glos ceramic and nineFLY distinctly reminds me of the feeling of psychedelic afterglow you get after coming down from a ridiculously intense trip.

i turned up the bass at 64 Hz in iTunes 12 dB for fLh and the bass drum sounded like it was at approximately Exai levels. i'm not sure why they have the bass mixed so low on some of these tracks but it detracts from my enjoyment of some of these tracks.

fLh fucking hell

key nell indeed.

omg is that where "Key Nell" came from?  :psyduck:

Edited by usagi

g 1 e 1 is amazing

I like the theory I read somewhere (in this thread?) that it's meant to be played quietly.  I remember the live show I went to a few years ago and they played this at the end.  And you could barely make it out, and everyone was leaving but I stayed and listened because completionist autism (or it was something like this, maybe something like that quasi-guitar sounding thing at the end of other recordings)

It sounds like something off The Campfire Headphase and it definitely sounds like it's meant to be played quiet, otherwise there's too much distortion.  I think so, at least

Edited by Zeffolia

i turned up the bass at 64 Hz in iTunes 12 dB for fLh and the bass drum sounded like it was at approximately Exai levels. i'm not sure why they have the bass mixed so low on some of these tracks but it detracts from my enjoyment of some of these tracks.

Yeah, this is what I’ve been saying. I don’t like EQ-ing a release though as it feels like I’m messing with some official decisions lol. :D

I understand not everything will have big bass (atho gotta admit I’m a sucker for it) but in these instances it seems the tracks could have benefitted greatly from it and it would have been there in the past? If a track is on the more hip hop banger-ey repetitive end especially it seems weird when it’s a bit bass-shy.

Yeah, this is what I’ve been saying. I don’t like EQ-ing a release though as it feels like I’m messing with some official decisions lol. :D

I understand not everything will have big bass (atho gotta admit I’m a sucker for it) but in these instances it seems the tracks could have benefitted greatly from it and it would have been there in the past? If a track is on the more hip hop banger-ey repetitive end especially it seems weird when it’s a bit bass-shy.

Well, I do EQ things a little sometimes. But this was an extreme experiment to see if I just wasn't grasping what the song was, but it turns out that: yep, this is basically a hip-hop banger repetitive track that wouldn't feel totally out of place on an earlier release by them except ... there is a LOT less bass on it than you'd expect. I really don't know what to make of it, except that I don't like it mixed this way really, hah.

by the way, clustro casual and four of seven on low volume are like perfect companions of 90s gescom-bola-ish vibes. low volume is key though at least for my equipment