IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Re: lack of bass, Peter and Paul not knowing about EQ etc.:

The sucking mainstream Kids out there are always asking like "how can I add meat to my super ultra hyper saws", "how can I add a moarpunch to my bass", "which sub bass frequency is the most effective for groundzeroing my home", "what kind of sacrifice does the MOAR god accept" - It's questionable if every fucking track needs a boom bang kick, ooooooooooooooh subbass, tskpfeeeeeeeeeeeeeek saws.

BEWARE OF THE MAINSTREAM KIDS. I hope the goddamn mainstream kids got eaten by the tt1pd 2nd half leviathan.

Keep in mind people, we are the elite. E.g., Jazz became irrelevant after Ae.

Edited by Guest

How do you gaes listen to these? I mean, do you pick your favorite tracks, each session separately, the whole thing from start to finish or something else?

I usually listen to albums from start to finish but the NTS sessions as a single release is such a huge beast to overtake. Even the separate sessions are two hours long.. So I put all of them on the same playlist that I shuffle. It's like Radio Autechre now at my home, lol. 

Mostly I have been listening to them session wise, but I return to favourites. Once all of the sessions are out, having them all in one playlist might be a good way to go. That said, there's a whole lot of stuff to digest. Might ration it out, so I don't burn out on it too quick.

Mostly I have been listening to them session wise, but I return to favourites. Once all of the sessions are out, having them all in one playlist might be a good way to go. That said, there's a whole lot of stuff to digest. Might ration it out, so I don't burn out on it too quick.

There'll be a perfect Autechre album for everyone once all the sessions are released, pick n mix heaven

lol at everyone EQing brand new Autechre tracks

lol at everyone who has speakers with a nonlinear frequency spectre

lol at everyone with hearing damage in higher frequency range

lol at everyone

in general, the more music relies on chromaticism the less other aspcets matter imo

lol at everyone

EQing/whatever-ing your setup to accommodate your room, speakers, system, or hearing is not comparable to "man this particular Autechre track I heard for the first time 3 days ago needs more kick drum." They crafted that track to sound exactly as it does. 

Edited by auxien

lol at everyone

EQing/whatever-ing your setup to accommodate your room, speakers, system, or hearing is not comparable to "man this particular Autechre track I heard for the first time 3 days ago needs more kick drum." They crafted that track to sound exactly as it does.

counterpoint: remixing any and all music in minor or major ways is fun and all y'all complaining about this are boring

lol at everyone

counterpoint: remixing any and all music in minor or major ways is fun and all y'all complaining about this are boring

who was complaining, I was memeing and laughing at y'all goofy asses. hence the lol, and the meme. u do u m9

lol at everyone

who was complaining, I was memeing and laughing at y'all goofy asses. hence the lol, and the meme. u do u m9

"They crafted that track to sound exactly as it does" isn't a meme (yet) and doesn't sound like a joke but OK.

lol at everyone

"They crafted that track to sound exactly as it does" isn't a meme (yet) and doesn't sound like a joke but OK.

You are referring to two different posts by the same user. The former is a meme and a joke, the latter is.. a different post

Gentlemen, in all honesty I do not think the music of the two Englishmen is the kind of music that can be judged on the amount of bass

This

Edited by IOS

How do you gaes listen to these? I mean, do you pick your favorite tracks, each session separately, the whole thing from start to finish or something else?

I usually listen to albums from start to finish but the NTS sessions as a single release is such a huge beast to overtake. Even the separate sessions are two hours long.. So I put all of them on the same playlist that I shuffle. It's like Radio Autechre now at my home, lol. 

Great question, would be interesting to have a separate thread about this.

"Radio Autechre" is spot on. It's like a mini TV series. Perhaps Ae have taken into account today's TV/movie production and viewing tendencies (eg longer film durations, viewers binge-watching an entire new season in a weekend etc).

Personally, I don't do playlist shuffle, I'd prefer to build my musical memory of a record by playing each session from start to finish as is.

I was worried about the lack of bass then I remembered I was listening from my phone whilst cycling into the wind

Nominated for most IDM 2018 :cisfor:

lol at everyone

yes lol, I agree

guyz, they programmed a pure data algorithm patch inside max/msp, or the other way around, can't quite recall right now...

anyway, for those complaining about the lack of bass just play these while in the shower... recorded a royal B-602 steam shower impulse response and then inverse-convoluted it with the main mix, so it's just obvious it sounds flat in common rooms...

limmychre15upq.png

Sat with a cool beer on a sunny Sunday evening getting all acid mwan idle over here, and y'know what? It feels like a perfectly appropriate season to attach this fine Autechre release to, metaphorically speaking.