IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I keep coming back to icari.  The dynamics, and this infectious electro groove rides in around 10 minute mark.  Hearkens back to soul oddity for me, but with this ultra polished autechre magic, especially dynamically.  It sounds so good the louder I push it.

Played this in my buddy's soundroom last night. icari was magical. reminds me a little of one of the perlence tracks from quadrange in mood. just fantastic.

I keep coming back to icari.  The dynamics, and this infectious electro groove rides in around 10 minute mark.  Hearkens back to soul oddity for me, but with this ultra polished autechre magic, especially dynamically.  It sounds so good the louder I push it.

the very end is great too

lol at everyone EQing brand new Autechre tracks

lol at everyone who has speakers with a nonlinear frequency spectre

lol at everyone with hearing damage in higher frequency range

lol at everyone

EQing/whatever-ing your setup to accommodate your room, speakers, system, or hearing is not comparable to "man this particular Autechre track I heard for the first time 3 days ago needs more kick drum." They crafted that track to sound exactly as it does.
counterpoint: remixing any and all music in minor or major ways is fun and all y'all complaining about this are boring

turns "tone" knob anticlockwise

remix complete

+10 fun pts.

smokes cigar

Serious LP5 vibes on bqbqbq and Chiastic Slide vibes on debris_funk -from the now long forgotten classic NTS1. I got the vibe they were reworking old material when I first heard this session but I could be reading too much into it. So far all 6 hours have been an absolute joy, challenging, satisfying and bewildering. Here's to the last two hours. It's been a fine Aepril.

It could mean "monk" in tt1pd-speak too, I suppose.

Holy shit how could I miss something like that hahaha !

(took me a while to figure your post out so for other WATMMers : mwan is the pronunciation of french word "moine" which indeed means "monk")

NTS3 is now not only shaping up to the be my favourite of the sessions, but perhaps one of my favourite Auechre releases ever.

Can't wait for 4 now... 

some of those tracks by now feel as familiar as the elseq tracks. I really can't wait for the next session. 8hrs might seem long but if you binge listen this ad nauseam it still isn't enough. I want those onesix soundboards, hope they will surprise us and release them very very soon.

some of those tracks by now feel as familiar as the elseq tracks. I really can't wait for the next session. 8hrs might seem long but if you binge listen this ad nauseam it still isn't enough. I want those onesix soundboards, hope they will surprise us and release them very very soon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

some of those tracks by now feel as familiar as the elseq tracks.

Not for me yet! As difficult as it is, I'm purposefully trying not to overload on these, want to really ease into them as slowly as possible over the next couple months.

I really can't wait for the next session.

Agreed. Really looking forward to this final Thursdae session (despite how overwhelmed I am with all we have right now).

I want those onesix soundboards, hope they will surprise us and release them very very soon.

This, yeah. I dunno why exactly, I guess I'm recognizing there's some similarities and connections to that set maybe, though I've listened to any recordings of it sparingly. Tried again a week or so ago in the middle of the NTS stuff and still couldn't get into it because of how much is lost in all the audience recordings. I'm sure it sounded great live, but there's just no recording that I can sit through. Really, really, really hoping they release these and the AENA tour stuff (though maybe not much different from AE_LIVE's EU dates, I want them and particularly the one I attended).

some of those tracks by now feel as familiar as the elseq tracks.

Not for me yet! As difficult as it is, I'm purposefully trying not to overload on these, want to really ease into them as slowly as possible over the next couple months.

You are a gourmet. Your patience is weirdly arousing. I'm serious

Personally I can't stop annoying my neighbours with this music

I was worried about the lack of bass then I remembered I was listening from my phone whilst cycling into the wind

haha that happened to me 3 times last week. Was straining to hear the mouse squeak of tt1pd whilst steamrolled by wind.

Mostly I have been listening to them session wise, but I return to favourites. Once all of the sessions are out, having them all in one playlist might be a good way to go. That said, there's a whole lot of stuff to digest. Might ration it out, so I don't burn out on it too quick.

There'll be a perfect Autechre album for everyone once all the sessions are released, pick n mix heaven

Oddly, I don't feel the need with NTS. I'm happy with them in the NTS1, NTS2, etc. formats. Elseq I wanted to separate out a bit of 2, 3 and 5, but I'm more attached to these as individual albums.

the very end is great too

ya once the double-time kick & snare drop out around 10min the groove really begins and continuously builds and moves and grows til the end.  So dancey, but at the same time like following a maze.

That transition from nineFLY to shimripl deserves more love, how nineFLY teleports to the shimripl periphery in preparation for the last 50 seconds.

It could mean "monk" in tt1pd-speak too, I suppose.

Holy shit how could I miss something like that hahaha !

(took me a while to figure your post out so for other WATMMers : mwan is the pronunciation of french word "moine" which indeed means "monk")

I was a gay monk

Idea: set playback speed to 50% and now you have 16 hours of new autechre.

Thanks! Finally found a way to listen to the whole set while driving to @work, will set playback speed to 48x

I'm feeling like even though it sprawls way more than elseq, it feels a lot denser with regard to the number of new and interesting ideas per hour.

Maybe that's because the two longest tracks on elseq are the least interesting to me though, whereas here the longer tracks are some of the most interesting ones.