IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

RE: The tac lacora thing, here's the quote:

ExtraLife:

What is the first track you play for people that have never heard you before?

SB:

i had a guy round fixing my boiler a couple of years ago when i was doing tac lacora so i played him that cos he was asking

he just said 'who listens to this then? loads of guys sitting in their houses smoking weed?'

and i went 'yeah, pretty much'

northernplastic

:

So you worked on tac lacora for several years? Impressive.

SB:

nah it was done in a week or so, i was playing him the edit

the original live jam was done in a few hours tho, a few months before that

Mancs and they're boilers, I've often wondered whether the KP man Pilkyboys head like a fuckin orange knew the 'chre bois back in the day

Now hearing t ess xi in t1a1, and c16 deep tread in icari. Love all the little elemental relations.

Yeah and oneum in turbile epic casual, stpl idle

edit: don't hear t exx xi in t1a1 though

t1a1 almost turns into a cover of Zeiss Contarex, but it seems to stop just before completely transforming. That doesn't have the same context as what you're talking about, which is more about different bits of their Max kit getting recycled, but still interesting.

RE: The tac lacora thing, here's the quote:

SB:

i had a guy round fixing my boiler a couple of years ago when i was doing tac lacora so i played him that cos he was asking

he just said 'who listens to this then? loads of guys sitting in their houses smoking weed?'

and i went 'yeah, pretty much'

tacreszp.png

Kek

Now hearing t ess xi in t1a1, and c16 deep tread in icari. Love all the little elemental relations.

Yeah and oneum in turbile epic casual, stpl idle

edit: don't hear t exx xi in t1a1 though

i'd say it resembles jatevee C more with it's snare

Edited by telefunken

The first REM album has more bass than some of these songs.

#TBTuesday to when this was compared to the NTS Sessions. In regards to the bass, specifically, for some reason. 

Have the cheeky sausages sneaked in a "fuck you" at 08:12 of tt1pd ?

I just listened to it, and every time I do I'm hearing more and more weirdness in the edges, so to speak. Not gotten to the stage or analysis (I'm sure others here will far before me) but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Theory: g 1 e 1 is intended to be played at a quiet volume.

I've played it in several modalities (car, small speakers. main stereo rig, headphones) and it always has passages that buzz/distort on the speakers when you blast it. This was bugging me, so I found the volume level where this never happens. And POP, the track gets (even more) magical. I believe they designed it intentionally to be played at low volume. In addition to the speaker overload, the variances in volume flatten out at lower volume, and it is super quiet in sections to begin with with the faux fade outs. The main melody or whatever just has a more mysterious quality when it sounds distant and less in your face.

Give it a try.

I am only just getting to properly listen to S3, listening g1e1 loud I found it took on huge room filling holographic properties.

Then I nodded off towards the end.

Then nineFLY kicked in :o

Sesh 3 sounds like a completely different entity on earphones, it almost takes on a new form. That's been the case for all of these. With MAX Ae are doing very strange things with music to make one listen sound alien to the next.

I have found that hugely with all 3 so far.

Also don't get the dislike on Splesh, it's a propa banga.

and some are just plain stupid (bqbqbq).

(...) and some are just plain stupid (fLh).

You're both insane and quite, quite wromg

Also, they've always been about a 'limited' sound palette. Not unlike SND. If you want to make things complicated, you have to keep the foundations relatively simple.

I say 'limited' because it's really not, once you start hearing it on a subatomic level.

QFT... ... Yo...

=P

I love both these tracks immensely (if my previous posts didn't already make clear)... And the range of sounds is frick'n incredible.

Various tracks would fit very nicely alongside tracks from just about every single album from their past. I don't know how that is being considered a limited sound palette.

<shrug>

Idea: set playback speed to 50% and now you have 16 hours of new autechre.

Thanks! Finally found a way to listen to the whole set while driving to @work, will set playback speed to 48x
Hmmmmm. tt1pd at 33. Hmmmmm.

Later.

Edited by EXTRASUPER81

9 chr0 reminds me of Osla for n: strange, industrial noises that fall into a groovy rhythm as the track progresses

Time is out of joint my love

still hoping that AE + EL-P collab is gonna happen some day

AE / Danny Brown would kill it.

Sesh 3 sounds like a completely different entity on earphones, it almost takes on a new form. That's been the case for all of these. With MAX Ae are doing very strange things with music to make one listen sound alien to the next.

I have found that hugely with all 3 so far.

Also don't get the dislike on Splesh, it's a propa banga.

there's a lot buried in there and at times a submerged (my favorite word lately) beat comes in and brings the whole track together. 

In love with Sessions 1 & 3 right now. Could be due to them being first and most recent respectively, but they seem to have an edge in one way or another.

And to think we're getting another installment the day after tomorrow. :psyduck:

ive noticed that all sessions so far are all 5-7 seconds short of 2 full hours

and i was promised *at least* 2 full hours, dagnabbit!

if this happens with session 4 as well, then i am entitled to an extra 20 second track

how DARE they hold back so much music, goshdarnit!

Who here mentioned splesh as a possible LFO (Mark Bell) tribute track?

me ;)

sounds a lot like late period LFO.

also just figured its 9 minutes - remembered it more like 4, but thats not how they roll atm, hehe