ive noticed that all sessions so far are all 5-7 seconds short of 2 full hours

Whatever you're using to play back the tracks clearly aint frame accurate:

foobar.png

ive noticed that all sessions so far are all 5-7 seconds short of 2 full hours

Whatever you're using to play back the tracks clearly aint frame accurate:

foobar.png

Yeah, all of mine say 2 hours exactly.

All collected, foobar says 6:00:00.001

Rob & Sean are the Aubrey & Maturin of their day. Consistently excellent, prolific, rich in comedy and adventure, complex hardware, hypersensitivity to new lifeforms and environs. I suspect Patrick O'Brian would have been a big fan, I bet he had ep7 on rotation when he died.

Edited by Roo

To my ears elyc9 sounds like Autechre

What really gives it away is when I play it in iTunes, under artist is says Autechre

FLMAO.

=P

I still haven't managed to get my head around the NTS. In general, it's a mixed bag: some tracks are stellar and easily among the best the boiz have ever done (l3 ctrl, north spiral, xlood, violvoic, e0, tt1pd), some are dull and meander without a purpose (9 chrO) and some are just plain stupid (bqbqbq).

What really bugs me though, is the apparent limited sound palette they use: we are able to hear bits from most of their recent releases: pads from Oversteps, beats & farts from: AE_LIVE or elsex etc. So I wonder, if Max/MSP offers unlimited possibilities, why are they using the same building blocks? Or is it due to their patches? No matter what is the input, the modifications (casuals, elycs, gonks) turn them into similar outcomes? Who knows?!

Anyways, stoked for Thursday!

Yeah, this is by far the most uneven release by them for me. I thought NTS2 was solid but I also haven't gone back to it much. There are some stunning tracks, and others I wish were significantly shorter or just not there at all. I would expect this from a quad-quad-quadruple album, I guess.

Interesting, I’ve honestly found these three sessions to be among their most consistent and well flowing releases yet. Sure, there is some filler, but nothing that I would consider to be uninteresting or poor quality material, which is pretty stunning for 6 hours of music. Seems that they’re in a good position to keep it up for the entire 8 hours.

We've gone from, about a month ago, "Been a while, insane and roomba are due for a new release, or maybe some of those extra soundboards" to "We've accumulated 6 hours of new material with another 2 to drop in a couple of days." Anyone dreaming that up as a potential outcome before all this would have been branded a mad man.

Still wrapping my noggin around the lack of promo. The idea of this being received with Avicii levels of fervour* is obviously a non-starter, but between this and OPN's new LP being ever so quietly tossed out on to the street, it's either a new marketing policy adopted by Warp to calm the spends, or indicative of a wider phenomenon across music promotion in general that the campaigns of old just aren't viable any more.

Please forgive the comparison, I don't pay attention to Western pop charts enough to give a more contemporary artist as an example.

thiking about it like that it's almost some bit of subversion to get people to pay attention on their own as the "good shit is happening and you aren't going to find out about it unless you look for yourself"

or something. not gonan fight for air time in the hype machine.. just gonna put it out and if you're not looking in that general direction oh well. "cool people will know about it"

but really.. NTS residency and some tweets and and go around the web on those channels and poof! here we are. not like it's a secret w/all kinds of people shitting themselves and reposting about "is it thursday yet?". this whole thing churning over a month too. 

To all those resisting the supremacy of NTS 2. It's inevitable. Relax and enjoy it.

*bobs head in a cultish manner

=D

Listening to 2 right now... such a great collection of tracks. 9 chr0 is currently kicking my ass. 

To all those resisting the supremacy of NTS 2. It's inevitable. Relax and enjoy it.

=D

Listening to 2 right now... such a great collection of tracks. 9 chr0 is currently kicking my ass. 

And what's so special about it?  The skipping malfunction it represents is cool, but extended to 15 mins tends to drag a bit... or maybe i'm not listening on 'subatomic level' and not hearing the quark of quarks?

=D

And what's so special about it?  The skipping malfunction it represents is cool, but extended to 15 mins tends to drag a bit... or maybe i'm not listening on 'subatomic level' and not hearing the quark of quarks?

I'm getting the complete opposite with all of the NTS stuff the more I listen to it.

9 chr0 is over before I know it and I'm amazed it's 15mins tbh. all of the 15-20 min tracks seem about the length of the longer tracks on older albums  whereas the 5min tracks seem more like the 2-3min tracks.

The time dilation is real

payday Friday - will there still be vinyls left? also im already lookiin forward to my next 8hr flight for total Ae immersion in a tight metal tube

God I hope so. Want so bad it makes me annoyed at myself for being such a fetishist.