IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I'm not sure how, but end all is a sickeningly depressing track. It's like the sound of the world ending or something.

to me the only depressing thing about it is that it's probably the least inspired thing they ever released. ever.

(sorry, luv u ae :( )

Melve tho?

i fucking adore melve and the whole of lp5. it is one if not the fav of mine. the very least you can say about melve, even if you don't dig it, is that it was fresh (as in: not sampled from another track) and it has more than 1 notes (yeah a chord is technically more than one note, bite me).

While I wouldn't say that all end has any particular musical variety, there's certainly more than just the one chord. All throughout the track you have a slow, deep, rumbling bassline and higher treble melodies that fizzle in and out of existence right at the fringe of the track. It's certainly more than just one chord, although granted it's not much more than that.

I'm not sure how, but end all is a sickeningly depressing track. It's like the sound of the world ending or something.

to me the only depressing thing about it is that it's probably the least inspired thing they ever released. ever.

(sorry, luv u ae :( )

I remember hearing the end of bladelores and wishing it was longer...well Lolol

Yeah not that the ending to bladelores was particularly short or abrupt or anything, but "all end" functions as some sort of tantalizing insight into what it would be like if you could capture all those fleeting moments in Ae tracks and spend as much time as you'd like in every one of them.

Session 4 is the only one I haven't downloaded immediately after the stream, I could probably listen to the first hour again at some point, the last track just didn't really do it for me :/

@jaderpansen: Man, I've learned with Ae how not to be too critical and just listen. If a piece strikes me emotionally, that's awesome; if not, I'll leave it for a later day.

This particular piece is "sickeningly depressing" as thehauntingsoul said.

Edited by IOS

Just cracking in to this now. The first track kind of just washed past me but Mirage really caught my attention. I'm getting Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" vibes off that. The way it leads into "column thirteen" was a pleasant surprise. I anticipated this final chapter being something along these lines but was ready for anything at this point.

I'm not sure how, but end all is a sickeningly depressing track. It's like the sound of the world ending or something.

Agreed and that's where my feelings of Ae retiring come from. I guess I am wrong. But the track sets the scene.

i wouldn't say "sickeningly depressing " but this is a deeply moving track. there is so much going on beneath the surface. like at around the 20 minute mark where that choir like sound and the bassy stuff starts... deeeeeep shit.

all the other tracks (maybe exept for mirrage which is kinda meh'ish at first listen) are insanely interesting. shimripl casual almost sounds like an alien audiobook or something. 

and maybe someone already mentioned this, but: "all end" AE you know...

Edited by panz0r

Wow, I can't wait to hear what they'll bring next week.

all of them in a row broadcastStart:"2018-05-03T16:00:00+01:00",sourceUrl:"

https://media.ntslive.co.uk/streams/autechre-nts-sessions/Autechre-128-nts-1-4fofgd2.mp3"

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>DBC3245E2D1B2977</RequestId>
<HostId>
Xoey+cLG6xzoBMdWbZdI/Dyx0POW4/9RnLmF7UJ2AWVIOgmgZpkHVz8XqfI15eVbX7wE1kqQIcA=
</HostId>
</Error>

its their way of saying thx for listening

All end depressing? What track are you listening to? Sounds like ascending into the heavens to me. Flying in the clouds.

+ lol @ peeps thinking AE is retiring because of a track name. Many gonks still to come. Don't worry.