IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Was expecting an elseq5-esque comedown and we got it. Probably not as essential to me as 1-3, but I do especially love Shimripl casual. Just ducking off to grab a coffee before proceeding into all end for the first time.

Also expect insta bans to anyone who compared this to 2001 (or similar), made multiple references to gonk or ambient whinging or believed "all end" meant retirement. Shit posting criteria right there.

All in all, definitely a landmark ae release. For now, I'm happy calling NTS3 and e0 my have Session and track respectively, but looking forward to exploring this in total now.

Thanks Autechre! I doubt I've listened to a single artist more in a month than I did in Aepril. Thank you thank you thank you! And aussie tour to come!

Edited by Roo

did anyone heard the cat in all end?

lol

... yeah it's opening up quite nicely on headphones right now, at least there are permanent subtle shifts in intensity and the drones / bass vary quite a little. it's actually hard not to improvise yourself some phantom melodies to your inner hear while listening, to the point it becomes hard to tell which is which. 13 min in...

edit: the shrimp is a monster. might end up liking 4 more overall than 3.

Edited by jaderpansen

@Hk47

I will spank your little male manga loving arse until it is all pink and raw to retain discipline (if necessary)

Oh, don't tease me... I'll never shut up about it. 

=P

Fuck I love what they've turned spTh into with debris_funk. It's so incredibly menacing.

And placing it after the beautiful bqbqbq... 

The placement and flow of all of these songs across all of the sessions is magnificent. It's mind-blowing that they were able to do such a thing across all 8 hours of music... 

@Hk47

I will spank your little male manga loving arse until it is all pink and raw to retain discipline (if necessary)

Shit is getting weird here, fellas.

It wasn't weird when pegging was brought up?

(not that there's anything wrong with pegging... personally, I'd rather be DP'd by Rice and Sugar)

But spanking is where you draw the line?

=P

l3 ctrl... each time I listen to it, it seems to open up more and more... it's crazy how dense some of these tracks are. 

Fuck, alright, yeah... I bought up double penetration... I need to close the internet...

Edited by Hk47

14mins into all end, I think this suits them handsomely. Courageous way to end the release, glad they took the opportunity. Lots going on behind the wall of feed.

35 min, somehow starting to hear cantus in memoriam benjamin britten in there... i am glad i am high right now.

Is it too early to make the best track poll for this session? I feel like this one is much more easily digestible.

sure go ahead, easy one :)

NTS4 strikes me as a rare release which builds to better things with each track. I'll bet you'll find a proportion of people who end up going all end>shimcazh>column13>mirrage>frane casual.

*still on my first listen here

Edited by Roo

I enjoyed this set significantly more on second listen for 2 reasons

• Not potato quality
  • No longer hampered by my expectation of there being a sick drop at some point.

lol yeah having pretty much the exact same experience as i type.

44 min the swell is real.

All end to me reads like the twilight of hearing, like tinnitus eating your ears alive.

This isn't one of those "my ears hurt' posts, just the ending image I'm feelin, sad but glorious, your hearing crumbling in realtime.

Edited by Roo

aaand it's over.

around half way through there was a crucial point when some serious fatigue set in but if you push through it'll soon make way for a pleasant stupor and you're eventually rewarded with some serious swellin. pretty fucking decent experience overall (still lazy tho :P).

The all end broadcast is going to overcome all the bitchy hot takes and be wistfully recalled as a legendary moment among autechre fans.

Oh my the reassertion at 45:10, what a trip all end is!

Edited by Roo

At this point I think it's very unlikely for it to top the first 3 sessions for me, but only because the first 3 are so damn excellent.

Agreed, victim of such preceding riches, but it is thankfully something different once again, potent in its own way, glad of that.

Looking forward to getting to know this one better in time. All end is an overwhelming emotional ending to this NTS beast. Bravo!

Edited by Roo

The all end broadcast is going to overcome all the bitchy hot takes and be wistfully recalled as a legendary moment among autechre fans.

you mean looking back in 2020 when they release a 16 hour set only played once in joyrex basement. ear witnesses will tell it's a single 16 hour loop of just the hi hat from eidetic casein.

k i'll stop now.