IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

35 min, somehow starting to hear cantus in memoriam benjamin britten in there... i am glad i am high right now.

Is it too early to make the best track poll for this session? I feel like this one is much more easily digestible.

sure go ahead, easy one :)

actually i'd like to take that back. column and shrimp are quite head-to-head.

The all end broadcast is going to overcome all the bitchy hot takes and be wistfully recalled as a legendary moment among autechre fans.

Oh my the reassertion at 45:10, what a trip all end is!

I got there already and it was only my second listen. Over my overreaction.

this is full of beauties.

some parts remind me of one of my fav albums — Phoenecia - Echelon Mall. Others remind me of fluorescent grey's Delta Quadrant.

Overall I am so happy they gave us the ambience.!!!

I'm just moved to tears by NTS1-4. When your longtime favourite artist comes out with something like this so deep into their career, and you get to see them live for the first time not long after, what more is there to say. Orgasmic sigh.

session 1: holy shit they are going all in

session 2: best overall. just crushing beats and perfectly paced

session 3: the most varied and interesting and complex

session 4: bathe in the end of an 8 hour album

flat out balls to the wall appreciate the fuck out of what they just did here. next level shit on many levels.

flat out balls to the wall appreciate the fuck out of what they just did here. next level shit on many levels.

no doubt!!

y'know what? fuck me! they obviously sat on loads of shit your common watmmer would crap their pants over (onesix, probably still loads from back in the day) but they decided to loop dat fucking end of bladelores and make it the grand finale instead because they loved the idea and they did it.

that being said: 2 is the one, still.

Totally agree. Thanks, Rab and Scion.

Session 4 is deeeeeeep.

Totally agree. Thanks, Rab and Scion.

Session 4 is deeeeeeep.

Yes, indeed

Yeah agree w this 100%. I'm still trying to comprehend that they actually pulled this off. Having all of the sessions now just makes the individual session even more impressive, that they can pull off such a variety

I don't really like ranking their albums, I don't like picking favorites but NTS Sessions just as a feat is one of their crowning achievements. Like how they fuck did they actually assemble this collection of tracks, that's a superhuman feat.

But yeah I'm pretty stunned by this release lol. Been having such a blast getting stoned every night lately and listening to these. I feel like my purchase of the 12xLP box is justified lmao

Looking forward to making a mega playlist out of my favorites from sessions 1-3 once I've absorbed them a bit more.

But not session 4. Session 4 is going to stay as one continuous 2 hour piece that I put on when I want to chill for a couple hours. It's all killer no filter from start to finish.

Edited by digit

japanese minimalist releases of like two beating sine waves

got any suggestions? I'm big into Ryoji Ikeda, but what else is out there?

I'm not sure how, but end all is a sickeningly depressing track. It's like the sound of the world ending or something.

I don't get this from it at all. I've been in a shitty mood all week and after listening to all end.. well I'm still in a shitty mood but more calm. Gotta admit I cheated before listening and skipped around a bit. 

Also, despite sounding like one chord all the way through, the subtle shifts in timbre/grain accentuate different notes and it sounds like a chord progression, to me at least. Especially with the basslines that pop up here and there.

Edited by modey

Alright... taking a break... 

After listening to this from t1a1 through mirrage... this is... 

I'm...

At a loss for words. 

What a fucking mind-blowing release. 

Seriously... the progression and flow of all of the tracks is... perfect. 

And the last 2 hours being ambient... is... I...

Fuck.

Just...

Fucking hell. 

What an amazing release. 

I wish I knew someone in base-reality that was a fan of any type of electronic music. 

I want to share this with people... 

=X

AHHHHHH!!!!!

Fuck!

<deep breath>

Okay... okay... 

Time to lay in bed and listen to the last hour and a half...

Fuck me what an achievement... 

Edited by Hk47

This morning i feel depressed because no nts 05 next week.....

But On a another level, i really appreciated how this new ae monolith has been distillated.

Put the physical on pre order but allow you to d/l just after airing it on a web radio is A++ commercial approach to me

Of course Me missed the good old watmm ae fakes, but the 3 months wait is over, and this is big for me.

I still dont know what to feel about all end

With bqbqbq, i get really emotional , but not with this one.

Different autisms, he ?