IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

So about that end all track, have seanrob been open about doing drugs in the past? It's hard to imagine that track works while being sober. Unless you work in guantanamo bay or something, and are in the business of torture. :p

I felt like a cat that got a bucket of water thrown at it. Skipped the track. And fairly sure about not going there soon again. These guys must be inspired by some outrageous trips they've had.

Edited by goDel

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a new Autechre album right after its release. For once I feel like I can get on board with all the hype.

Also... I joked before about them saving all the warm pretty melodies for part 4 but they kinda did :P

I can't believe how well it works even though it's 8 hours... it actually uses the 8 hours really well. It doesn't sound like a bunch of left-over jams like Quadrange, it doesn't sound like refined live material like Elseq, it sounds like a proper, carefully planned, carefully constructed album.

I don't know how they're going to top this. What the hell are they going to do next?!?

On my second listen to sesh 4. Sitting at the office, lazy Friday at work, just before a long weekend. People chat, type mails and my headphones are buzzing with NTS. I have to admit that I wasn't impressed yesterday when it was streaming. But hearing it again in good quality and on decent headphones makes all the difference. This is rich and deep as it can possibly get! I can't stop smiling how good this is! 

Mirrage reminds me of Soliloquy For Lilith by Nurse With Wound (btw it's 30 anniversary today!). It's last 5 seconds and transition to Column Thirteen is phenomenal. Column Thirteen is a revelation from the beginning - I love the fact the Oversteps' plinky-plonk sound got a serious elseq treatment. The bubbling pads at 8: 21 are worth all the money and demonstrate the boys genius. Such a small and brief moment, easy to overlook but these microevents are Autechre's trademark for me. Easily one of their best tracks ever. Shimripl casual is a monster. i can't get my head around it. It feels disjointed, there is no progression, the sounds are just sitting in this big cavernous room bouncing from wall to wall. Things speed up after 11 min mark when OneSix ninja swords slash the middle while the background is slowly filled with digital teardrops. Meditative. It all ends on a high note. All end is a perfect closure. They must have balls the size of central London to make a track like that. I wonder how Warp reacted when they heard they need to press it on vinyl... For me, 60 mins of deep&sweet swell is great. Very emotional track. Enough changes to keep it interesting for me. I wonder what will it do to me when played loud on speakers... On headphones it's a perfect pace out from the 8h marathon we've all experienced. What it would it say about our society if it was on top of the charts? :)

Ae are still, by far, my favorite group. Still way ahead of the rest. Still innovative and restless. This is the next level shit. Thank you Rob&Sean, it's been a pleasure!

Not that I think they are but if they called it a day I think I'd be fine with it. NTS is impressive but I can't pretend like there aren't chunks that need some serious editing down if not outright removal (I'm looking at you fLh). At the same time there are some absolutely phenomenal parts to the whole thing, but I just hope this isn't signalling a new way of doing things for ae. There really is such thing as too much of a good thing; I love Elseq for its best parts 1, 4 and 5, but honestly never listen to 2 and 3. Now with NTS the release length has doubled and the sound palette has stayed pretty much the same I can't deny I find myself checking the track length mid way through a tune quite often.

outright removal (I'm looking at you fLh).

ban

yeh. An exemplary ban is what this place needs, this cannot continue

Edited by Guest

aefoobary5oxw.png

:cattears:

Still processing the notion that this actually happened over the past 4 weeks. Putting whatever the motivation and machinations of the minimal promotion for such a maximal work aside, this has been great fun to experience the sessions in such a communal manner, and I'm glad I rode back into town after being in the wilderness for so long to enjoy it with all you wuttums.

With awe, admiration and gratitude for the masterwork of NTS, I now humbly request the release of soundboards, a new studio album (that this radio show was obviously the prelude to) and a tour in the states.

With awe, admiration and gratitude for the masterwork of NTS, I now humbly request the release of soundboards, a new studio album (that this radio show was obviously the prelude to) and a tour in the states.

I totally agree with the soundboards and US tour... I missed them last time they were here (was really hoping I could make it, but work got in the way) - actually I've missed them every time they came to the US...

I need to experience AELIVE!!!