IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

so strange: I'm listening to "all end" on my earphones right now for the first time and the underlying melody that fascinated me yesterday (while playing the whole thing on my speakers) is gone. totally gone. not a trace. it's just not there. now i'm curious if I'll be able to hear it later at home.  

Edited by panz0r

So about that end all track, have seanrob been open about doing drugs in the past? It's hard to imagine that track works while being sober.

I listened to the stream at work and loved it.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not high at work.)

Sirs, I read things like "lazy", "lack of progress" and so on. All End is not a "song". It is a mental state. All the parameters applied previously, here lose meaning and consistency. All Ends reduces Basiski, Tim Hacker, Emeralds, and anyone else who has breathed a name on this land, on the condition of the pygmy. And there is an eruption of Autechre inside. At the end of the one hundred and twentieth minute I had an identity crisis. I laughed, but a nervous laugh, when the body yields after a definitive experience.

I do not understand, I do not conceive the disappointment, sorry.

This is  Autechre and beyond the infinite

I did it and no.

It gave me anxiety lol

(A dab of girl scout cookie shatter)

i was more thinking of something like Ayahuasca

When i breakthrough , i’m looking for the perfect silence. You cant stand noises when you’re on dmt. (Aya is wayy too long trip for me, and dmt is stronger) and its not a drug, its a tool.

And anyway, it dissolves your ego, and then no more you, you are all, all is you, you are the universe, you are the dna, but you dont exist anymore. Yes your dead oh no what did u do ? Then mandalas, third kind encounters, to the rebirth.

your rebirth.

Then the feeling someone just gave u new eyes.

Life is good

I assure you, you dont need Autechre with dmt. But when you’ll listen to after the journey, you’ll enjoy it as if it is the first time u hear it

Edited by autechrist

... to match vletrmx... reduces basinski to a pygmy... definitive experience...

ppl i am happy for u but u out of ur minds yo.

___

looking over this playlist of all NTSes is almost a bit daunting. hard to grasp the mountains and seas of goodness down there. think it'll be hard not to intepret em as seperate entities tho, if only for the way they were released with those weekly gaps.

i also can't decide how it compares to elseq at all yet. i only know the high points are some of the highest of their career and yeah i expressed a similar notion earlier like in the review above (which is deece but also making it even more obvious that NTS was ready much earlier than the broadcasts) that in retrospect all of their recent work feels like it lead up to this.

we need a best of NTS4 poll and then a poll to poll all NTS polls!

OK well listening to 4 again and knowing what's coming definitely helps.  First listen to all end was disappointing just because it was taking up so much time (you could fit the whole one-six liveset into that hour) but that's more about expectations than anything else.

It is a pretty stunning drone, but I'll have to sort out a 15 minute edit for normal listening, and save the full hour version for special occasions (wheeling a PA out to the desert with a load of ayahuasca would be ideal).  Definitely needs a decent system or good headphones though, wasn't cutting it at all on normal stereo speakers at 128kbps first time round.  That submerged 2 note vocal sound really reminds me of emeralds funnily enough.

Also anyone else getting uviol vibes from shimripl casual? That's a great track and I've no problems with it being 20 minutes+

except mirrage and all end it's not really that ambient tho is it? at least in the traditional sense of the word...

not really but if you make you own playlist with all the ambient tracks of nts 1-4 you get pretty drony/ambient record

except mirrage and all end it's not really that ambient tho is it? at least in the traditional sense of the word...

not really but if you make you own playlist with all the ambient tracks of nts 1-4 you get pretty drony/ambient record

yeah but only because one of them makes up 50% of the whole thing XP

I'm so fucking happy they've finally made a pure ambient album. This is something I've been wishing for since I've first heard Notwo.

Yeah, same.

This is exactly the kind of Autechre ambient album I wanted. Each track is a different kind of ambience that I wanted to hear from them.. I'm even coming around to frane casual after not really being into it on first listen.

I don't remember being this excited about elseq when it was released. That said, it's due a revisit now, that damn Autechre Effect

Taken as a whole, I find myself playing with the volume dial a lot when listening to NTS, but I don't mean to highlight that as a negative. I believe it to be an entirely intentional facet of this large body of work, and a sobering alternative to the loudness wars of these modern times.

Yeah, I had the volume on almost maximum when I was listening to session 4 at work today. That's usually ear-splittingly loud. Even now, listening again at home, my monitors are cranked and it's a comfortable listening volume.

I'm sure others have made similar observations, but I feel like I hear elements of "Bike" in "all end" and elements of "pt2ph8" in "column thirteen". Also there was another track in the first NTS set that sounded like maybe something from "Draft 7.30". I'll need to listen again closely. 

I know it's been mentioned already that elyc9 7hres shares elements with elyc6 0nset, and frane casual shares the same percussion as pendulu casual. But also interesting that those pairs of tracks each appear in similar places in the sequences of their respective albums - the elyc's are the first track of the 2nd volume, and the casuals are the first track of the final volume

Conversely to my ears I would say NTS4 is that ambient (in the traditional sense of the word)

Conversely to my ears I would say NTS4 is that ambient (in the traditional sense of the word)

but then what isn't. might as well call xylin room ambient. dunno. whatevs. i remember them talking about the term in context of the onesix set and how they didn't actually go for it but they'd understand why ppl would call it that so there. semantics.