Sign in to follow this  
Stock

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

i was more thinking of something like Ayahuasca

or maybe special K or something of the same family
Y'all with ur fancy chemicals whatever happened to good old fashioned acid

yeah whats wrong with soem acid? and too long? a standard trip where you're feeling the full effects is about hmmmm 8 hours in length :emotawesomepm9:

a standard trip where you're feeling the full effects is about hmmmm 8 hours in length :emotawesomepm9:

/]{- /](||)

had another listen last night… yeah session 4 really is best at the night time, lest it is for me. having the wavs really helped open it up. i also had it on while doing mindless farming in dark souls, wouldnt say background music, cos my attention was just about all on th emusic and yeah, it's really starting to open up to me now. not that i had any issues with it before, but like a lot of autechre upon first listen its ab it overwhelming and i'm not able to really take it all in. i enjoy having listens sometimes where i'm not ultra focused on it and rather than searching through the music for things i let it come to me. gonna listen again in full while in a car today. and tomorrow all 4 in one go. can't waet.

except mirrage and all end it's not really that ambient tho is it? at least in the traditional sense of the word...

Conversely to my ears I would say NTS4 is that ambient (in the traditional sense of the word)
After giving all end the full loud headphones run through I'm not sure I could call it ambient either. No beats but it's pretty full on and intense.

I wasn't keen on it at first but there's something undeniably interesting about it.

except mirrage and all end it's not really that ambient tho is it? at least in the traditional sense of the word...

Conversely to my ears I would say NTS4 is that ambient (in the traditional sense of the word)
After giving all end the full loud headphones run through I'm not sure I could call it ambient either. No beats but it's pretty full on and intense.

I wasn't keen on it at first but there's something undeniably interesting about it.

i agree. more like drone. 

No beats but it's pretty full on and intense.

frane and column do feature beats as clear as day imo. and shrimp still has quite an obvious pulse going on despite the lack of actual percussion (might be me filling the blanks in my head tho since i heard the onesix version a gazillion times). anyway even a lack of beat still doesn't make an ambient track but apparently everyone got his / her own definition of the term so i'm hereby stopping to bother.

Edited by jaderpansen

From reading what gets posted about other tracks here I've deduced I don't listen nearly as loud as some of you, but yeah, all end feels like it wants to saturate your auditory system, not threshold of hearing type stuff.

all end reminds me of:

I love shrimpl casual at first sight, and maybe this track is the onesix soundboard they are giving us, like maybe there will be no onesix sndbd (cries)

I love shrimpl casual at first sight, and maybe this track is the onesix soundboard they are giving us, like maybe there will be no onesix sndbd (cries)

yeah i'm afraid i drew similar conclusions... BUT: then again there is c16 deep tread on elseq despite being featured on every iteration of AE_LIVE before, so all hope is not lost!

Dbt1AkJWAAAHP7V.jpg

That last session actually

yeah i'm afraid i drew similar conclusions... BUT: then again there is c16 deep tread on elseq despite being featured on every iteration of AE_LIVE before, so all hope is not lost!

Yes !

I like hope

The pope smokes good hope

I keep seeing ppl refer to it as "shrimpl" Lolol it is "shimripl" as in "shimmering ripple." For a few days I was reading it as "shrimpl" too for w/e reason lol

I actually think session 4 is going to be the one I listen most often because of its calmness

This Aepril was really great, and the session 4 was the perfect ending for me.

I don't have the words for the awesomeness of this 8 hours.

japanese minimalist releases of like two beating sine waves

got any suggestions? I'm big into Ryoji Ikeda, but what else is out there?

Ryoji Ikeda is great but I was thinking of Sachiko M's releases, some of which pretty much do sound basically like having tinnitus and make Ikeda sound like a maximalist by comparison

so strange: I'm listening to "all end" on my earphones right now for the first time and the underlying melody that fascinated me yesterday (while playing the whole thing on my speakers) is gone. totally gone. not a trace. it's just not there. now i'm curious if I'll be able to hear it later at home.

I feel like all 4 sessions are better on speakers, tracks I thought I didn’t like were transformed for the better

I keep seeing ppl refer to it as "shrimpl" Lolol it is "shimripl" as in "shimmering ripple." For a few days I was reading it as "shrimpl" too for w/e reason lol

Even though I know it's spelled differently (shimmer reverb perhaps?) It'll always be 'shrimpley air' to me...

all end reminds me of imaginary country-era tim hecker, so all good

overall an incredible effort. while I still haven't connected with elseq (and quite frankly never will probably, too many annoying tracks + absence of great track-to-track-flow), these NTS tracks are an instant "hit" for me despite the 8 hour running time. I'm playing with the thought of copping that 12xLP box set still not sure though lol.

also I loved the idea of the live transmissions so we could all experience these tracks together

danke sean & rob!

aewalkiiuna.png

Pootube won't touch this with a ten-foot copyright pole, so probably going up on a friendly filehost for whoever wants in on an hour-long 'music video'. Watch this spaece as and when it happens.

i can't wait to have the time to listen to all of them in one big playlist to get the full sonic wash/mental floss.

i need to watch twin peaks season 3 again too. 

all end is such a drone zone sesh lol 

I've taken Confield plus Zynaptiq Adaptiverb on top of it plus some additional stuff as a minimally dry signal and basically got all end. :-)

What if?

- From column thirteen I get the BoC In a beautiful place vibes, rmx by Mira Calix.

Shimriple - Track is heavily influenced by To Day Retreival rmx imo.

outright removal (I'm looking at you fLh).

Agreed Obel, you are correct and handsome.

You are both completely insane, that's the best track on session 3