IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/best-albums-to-stream-now-janelle-monae-autechre-and-more-w519628

I don't like these cyber-spaceship-horror metaphors for the music of Ae. For me there is nothing sci-fi-like in it.

Completely agreed, so lazily overplayed as musical metaphor, even among die-hards. Couldn't relate to any of that description, just reads as insincere.

By the bye, Dirty Computer on first listen at the moment, that flow! a worthy follow up to the dual classics.

Anyone else think all end has final half of Lentic Catachresis vibes also?

I had the feeling that in all end are bits of endings of many tracks. In the background white noise could hide even "all ends"...

Autechre - all end

An evening stroll in Tokyo. One shot.

1080@60

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

allendhead7hq6j.png

Enjoy.

Holy crap! I can't check this out just yet, but I'm looking forward to watching this later on today.

Thank you so much for making/sharing this!

=D

I couldn't listen to all end when it first aired but read the opinions here and was ready to be disappointed, especially since I usually don't like ambient and absolutely hate veeeeery long/"minimal" works.

But all end was just awesome. It moves and evolves a lot, and I just love the Altibzz-like "brass" bass!!!

On a side note, I'm glad that WATMM agreed about column thirteen being the best NTS track :D

On a side note, I'm glad that WATMM agreed about column thirteen being the best NTS track :D

we shall see about that!

we need a best of NTS4 poll and then a poll to poll all NTS polls!

^meaning: best of NTSes and best track overall. GÖ!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/best-albums-to-stream-now-janelle-monae-autechre-and-more-w519628

I don't like these cyber-spaceship-horror metaphors for the music of Ae. For me there is nothing sci-fi-like in it.

annoys me that they dont get the capitalisation right on the tracks. can they not READ?

To be fair, that's probably just editorial style. 

Also, I have no problem with the comparisons to sci-fi spaceships or whatever, even if it's a cliche. It's pretty accurate for NTS4 imo.

Well NTS sounds nothing like Icunabula while BR 2049 was just a sad/boring/endless/pointless/messy revival of the 1982 masterpiece. 2049 fits into that retromania category like lets say Stranger things while NTS sounds well modern, pretty 2018 in a way, not very 1993...  I'd rather relate NTS with the crazy 2017 episodes of Twin Peaks that tastes nothing (or rarely) like a nostalgia thing. 

This will take some time to digest all of this new material, but I'm so thankful for those 8 hours, a lot of artists get weaker as time passes but this don't apply to ae, they are on top of their game !

Listening to gonk tuf hi now, honestly this track might have my favorite sound design out of the entire Sessions. Totally unreal

it's a good one. it follows six of eight well.

Autechre - all end

1080@60

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

allendhead7hq6j.png

Enjoy.

thanks!

all end: theremin monk wind ritual in the abandoned collider cavern on the planet formerly of the old ones, featuring behemoth tuba player in nieghboring cavern 14 miles away, and other special guests. gorgeous and pummeling, as others have said. only now listening at volume. haven't even heard on monitors yet, just some decent computer speakers. very much looking forward to bathing in this from monitors.

i want to choose where i live based on the ability to blast NTS from monitors often.

Edited by very honest

Listening to gonk tuf hi now, honestly this track might have my favorite sound design out of the entire Sessions. Totally unreal

it follows xflood tho... well.

edit: yeah great track, quite a meticulous one.

Edited by jaderpansen

it follows xflood tho... well.

edit: yeah great track, quite a meticulous one.

shuffle went from six of eight to gonk tuf hi one time and i was like "oh what the fuck". xflood seems pretty solid as a stand-alone. it's almost like they stuck it in between those two just to make sure session 2 would wreck people

Autechre - all end

1080@60

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

allendhead7hq6j.png

Enjoy.

human activity, here laid bare, seems extraneous to our sense of the ordinary: swarms of faces and nape that intersect trajectories. The story of one could be that of everyone and vice versa: a synecdoche. The disturbing suspicion of believing me free and arbitrary, but to be completely determined. Anyway, all end.

To be fair, that's probably just editorial style. 

Also, I have no problem with the comparisons to sci-fi spaceships or whatever, even if it's a cliche. It's pretty accurate for NTS4 imo.

I don't have a problem with it, when somebody has this associations - that's subjective. If this is your association, who am I to question it?

Personally I have relatively seldom picture associations to any music, and if, they vary from my personal mood. This morning (it was almost dawn yet) as I was listening to Session 4, to all end I saw a seeshore, with huge waves breaking on the cliffs. It's cliché too, but it fitted the music, I was enjoying it. But I know, the music isn't "about" the ocean, and I could have any other assiciations too. Perhaps I will in the future.

But if in a review this is the only way, somebody tries to descibe a music (it's a hard job, I know), then I find it a bit lazy. Because it's only a subjective association, and says more about the person, who has this assiciations, as from the music itself, you know? All I want to say: this pictures don't help to descibe or to comprehend the music - at least not for me.

Edited by Chabraendeky