IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Almost sounds like a distant female vocal riding the all end (tsunami to end all deep impact tsumanis) wave around the 5 min and 25-27 min mark.

If we're thinking of the same thing, that was already there in bladelores.

32a reflected is fucking immense, definite boc / nostalgia tones in there.

Still taking Clustro Casual as my front runner favourite track

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WD5TjDjxg6Q/US0Q8cYFlxI/AAAAAAAAWgU/PJiF1JiR9i8/s1600/Fidel-Castro-Rolex-GMT-Master-Reference-1675-from-Jake's-Rolex-World-.jpg

Castro Casual

All of the tracks are pretty intense... But the closing tracks on each session are such great closers...

I love the way they organized everything...

The lack of press and marketing still intrigues me, but I won't dwell too much on the motives behind it. Perhaps it was just one (literally) big experiment to see how this much new material would be received over the space of a month without that kind of coverage. And for the fact that it is 8 hours worth, as I listen back now, I don't think I would ever perceive it as an inaccessible work for newcomers. I think NTS opposes the well worn notion of starting with their early material and listening chronologically in order to 'get' Autechre - it exists as more of a fork in the timeline. That isn't to say that someone new to Autechre should not listen to anything prior to NTS, but I believe that is no longer a fundamental requirement to appreciate their latest output, even one as sizeable as this.

The lack of press and marketing still intrigues me, but I won't dwell too much on the motives behind it. Perhaps it was just one (literally) big experiment to see how this much new material would be received over the space of a month without that kind of coverage. And for the fact that it is 8 hours worth, as I listen back now, I don't think I would ever perceive it as an inaccessible work for newcomers. I think NTS opposes the well worn notion of starting with their early material and listening chronologically in order to 'get' Autechre - it exists as more of a fork in the timeline. That isn't to say that someone new to Autechre should not listen to anything prior to NTS, but I believe that is no longer a fundamental requirement to appreciate their latest output, even one as sizeable as this.

Well put.

:cisfor: 

Regarding NTS as possibly being an introduction to Ae : yesterday a friend of mine asked me what kind of music Autechre did. I gave her a listen of Bike and then said that they evolved a lot and put tt1pd. Well she wrote down the name of the track and I was quite surprised that she could enjoy it so immediately (she isn't into IDM at all btw)

Currently at the half-way point of a full listen. Neighbours have yet to complain, but I've heard enough of various builders and landscapers running tools with a succession of non-repetitive beats over the years to warrant a loud ae sesh.

highlevelblackalligatibshq.gif

Regarding NTS as possibly being an introduction to Ae : yesterday a friend of mine asked me what kind of music Autechre did. I gave her a listen of Bike and then said that they evolved a lot and put tt1pd. Well she wrote down the name of the track and I was quite surprised that she could enjoy it so immediately (she isn't into IDM at all btw)

I never got the notion that Autechre is more easily accessible with their older tracks. I think there are many entrance points throughout their whole discography that vary individually from person to person according to taste. Their newer stuff is more varied and weird, some people might prefer this over their simpler older stuff even at the first listen.

And for the fact that it is 8 hours worth, as I listen back now, I don't think I would ever perceive it as an inaccessible work for newcomers. I think NTS opposes the well worn notion of starting with their early material and listening chronologically in order to 'get' Autechre - it exists as more of a fork in the timeline. That isn't to say that someone new to Autechre should not listen to anything prior to NTS, but I believe that is no longer a fundamental requirement to appreciate their latest output, even one as sizeable as this.

I never got the notion that Autechre is more easily accessible with their older tracks. I think there are many entrance points throughout their whole discography that vary individually from person to person according to taste. Their newer stuff is more varied and weird, some people might prefer this over their simpler older stuff even at the first listen.

I agree that it is very much a highly personal and subjective thing as to how and when an individual finds Autechre appealing, but it is an undeniable truth that most of the writing and reviews surrounding 'newer' releases has almost always emphasised the caveat of finding greater accessibility in the earlier end of the back catalogue.

violvoics 2nd half is the sound of being peristaltically pushed further and further down a biomechanical digestion system. as tracts are getting tighter the grind gets more intense finally resulting in complete physical and mental disintegration.

ouch.

So there is this "conspiracy game" going on, that every album has somewhere in title or elswhere hidden which one is it in the row of AE-albums. So... which one is NTS Sessions 1-4?

98703-1.jpg

Yes, I know, it should be the 13th (and the cat number 364 adds up to that), BUT: on the cover is a very big 14... and I have this funny theory... there is athing call triskaidekaphoebia, the fear from the numer 13... you know, why there is no 13th floor in hotels and so on. And AE has one album that's uncounted: AE_LIVE. So it could be, that it's uncounted in regards of elseq 1-5 (so elseq is the 12th) but it's counted in regards of NTS, so we have now the 14th. And voila, there is no 13th album!

So there is this "conspiracy game" going on, that every album has somewhere in title or elswhere hidden which one is it in the row of AE-albums. So... which one is NTS Sessions 1-4?

98703-1.jpg

Yes, I know, it should be the 13th (and the cat number 364 adds up to that), BUT: on the cover is a very big 14... and I have this funny theory... there is athing call triskaidekaphoebia, the fear from the numer 13... you know, why there is no 13th floor in hotels and so on. And AE has one album that's uncounted: AE_LIVE. So it could be, that it's uncounted in regards of elseq 1-5 (so elseq is the 12th) but it's counted in regards of NTS, so we have now the 14th. And voila, there is no 13th album!

AE-LIVE (WARP360) is twelb, elseq 1-5 (WARP512) is fuirteyn.e, and NTS Sessions (WARP364)is fj0rtea N

Well, I've almost completed my full listen of NTS. I've about 20 minutes left of all end, which I assume is pretty much the same as the preceding 40. (Primarily only listen to musix in the car these days)

Can't wait to start the NTS cycle all over again from the beginning. These sessions will keep me well occupied for the rest of 2018. However, I think there's new Dr. Octagon now, which I should probably check out at some point. But obviously it's been completely eclipsed by Ae this past month.

after many repeated listenings i still think that more than a few of tracks should've been shorter and less 'minimal'. on el-seq just one or two of them... and interestingly non of their previous works imo. i think that ''too long'' is one of very few things they havent tried yet and that's why we have it now. enjoy!

secondly, im very yerv impressed by their newest sond design, especially with filters. they must have become very good in gen 

also, reverberation and spatialization side of it. i suppose mastery of spat objects is responsible for this 

Edited by xox