To be fair, that's probably just editorial style. 

Also, I have no problem with the comparisons to sci-fi spaceships or whatever, even if it's a cliche. It's pretty accurate for NTS4 imo.

I don't have a problem with it, when somebody has this associations - that's subjective. If this is your association, who am I to question it?

Personally I have relatively seldom picture associations to any music, and if, they vary from my personal mood. This morning (it was almost dawn yet) as I was listening to Session 4, to all end I saw a seeshore, with huge waves breaking on the cliffs. It's cliché too, but it fitted the music, I was enjoying it. But I know, the music isn't "about" the ocean, and I could have any other assiciations too. Perhaps I will in the future.

But if in a review this is the only way, somebody tries to descibe a music (it's a hard job, I know), then I find it a bit lazy. Because it's only a subjective association, and says more about the person, who has this assiciations, as from the music itself, you know? All I want to say: this pictures don't help to descibe or to comprehend the music - at least not for me.

I'd much rather be exposed to these cliché associations, for sure, than the more literal "I hear a broom" or "cat" or "woodpecker" that we've been doing a lot of lately.

There definitely was a cat though.

^^

<3

all end would've been great on my walk to the beach last saturday. It was cold and overcast. Guess I'll have to go back!

Almost sounds like a distant female vocal riding the all end (tsunami to end all deep impact tsumanis) wave around the 5 min and 25-27 min mark. Might just be hearing things after having Janelle Monae in my ears all day.

3 > 1 > 4 >>> 2

1 + (2*3) = 4

Edited by very honest

3 > 1 > 4 >>> 2

I’m kinda reluctant to listen again.. it’s just too fkn much to handle. Never had this before. It’s absolutely mental.

what happened mang?

us-ipad-3-futoshiki-puzzle-game.jpeg

3 > 1 > 4 >>> 2

I’m kinda reluctant to listen again.. it’s just too fkn much to handle. Never had this before. It’s absolutely mental.

what happened mang?

think I was in a bad / lonely mood in the S02 week and it reminds me of that maybe... it’ll take some time and readjustment.. pretty sure it’s very subjective & S02 isn’t bad at all but I just like the other three a lot more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but aye, the entire thing has been fkn fantastic. When S01 dropped, we weren’t sure what’s going to happen innit, I listened at home with a friend.. but for all others, I tried & did some kind of special listening “celebration”, and it was well worth it:

S01 “WiFi socks” - just home

S02 “going north” - cycled up north out of town, explored a wind farm & a small patch of swamp / forest.

S03 “bicycle day” - half tab of acid & cycling south east, just cycling & looking for gonks & chatmm, this was super good

S04 “audiophile hideout” - friend of a friend has a hut by a lake in a nature reserve & brought his audiophile sound system. It was silly (I’m not an audiophile) but it was fun blasting some high resolution AE out into the woods for the birbs.

all in all, this was a very good experience, the way they presented the new material was very effective, it lent itself to do something special every time... obv total fandom stuff, wouldn’t have done this for any other artist lol

Autechre - all end

An evening stroll in Tokyo. One shot.

[email protected]

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

allendhead7hq6j.png

Enjoy.

Nice one this is excellent, got all nostalgic for Japan. And the picture quality! Lushness in overdrive.

Autechre - all end

An evening stroll in Tokyo. One shot.

[email protected]

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

allendhead7hq6j.png

Enjoy.

Nice one this is excellent, got all nostalgic for Japan. And the picture quality! Lushness in overdrive.

yes, this actually really wonderful, thanks for sharing!

Almost sounds like a distant female vocal riding the all end (tsunami to end all deep impact tsumanis) wave around the 5 min and 25-27 min mark.

If we're thinking of the same thing, that was already there in bladelores.

And it's not the end, just a tune about crypto currency Allend Coin, right?

my preliminary selection

post-10516-0-06966900-1525018116_thumb.png

fucking insane

32a reflected is fucking immense, definite boc / nostalgia tones in there.

Still taking Clustro Casual as my front runner favourite track

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WD5TjDjxg6Q/US0Q8cYFlxI/AAAAAAAAWgU/PJiF1JiR9i8/s1600/Fidel-Castro-Rolex-GMT-Master-Reference-1675-from-Jake's-Rolex-World-.jpg

Castro Casual

All of the tracks are pretty intense... But the closing tracks on each session are such great closers...

I love the way they organized everything...

Think Shimripl Casual is my favourite off of it. Reminds me of a mix between 'Krylon' off of Oversteps and '1 1 is' off of exai.

The lack of press and marketing still intrigues me, but I won't dwell too much on the motives behind it. Perhaps it was just one (literally) big experiment to see how this much new material would be received over the space of a month without that kind of coverage. And for the fact that it is 8 hours worth, as I listen back now, I don't think I would ever perceive it as an inaccessible work for newcomers. I think NTS opposes the well worn notion of starting with their early material and listening chronologically in order to 'get' Autechre - it exists as more of a fork in the timeline. That isn't to say that someone new to Autechre should not listen to anything prior to NTS, but I believe that is no longer a fundamental requirement to appreciate their latest output, even one as sizeable as this.