IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

aentssddbsh1.jpg

omg, yes.  a bit ironic being on a macbook pro though, as they were basically first to drop the sd port (to dismay of photographers / anyone with sense)

Edited by Marked x 0ne

NTS4 is such a high quality release. I think it will go down as one of the more unanimous releases among ae fans, despite the understandable misgivings on live broadcast.

My dog of nearly 14 years had to be put down on Tuesday, and column thirteen was the final track I heard whilst spending time with him a few hours earlier. That last mournful part on the track was unnerving.

Today's the first Thursday without a new session so let's turn this thread into a support group for sad fanboys.

I'll start with some good news : I finally heard the cat in t1a1!

Hehe. *head bobbin* *head bobbin* *meow* *tilt head sideways...* ... *shrug* *head bobbin* *head bobbin*

Woo!!

I'm going to go back and listen to each session for a week again but spend the weekends listening straight through all 8 hours a time or two.

=P

I've also been going back through their entire discography since these sessions started. Finding new things that I like about each album+EP. I've also been listening to the Laxir collection - two discs a week.

I've been in Autechre heaven for the last month. I have no intension of leaving any time soon.

=D

LONG LIVE AE!!

Hehe. *head bobbin* *head bobbin* *meow* *tilt head sideways...* ... *shrug* *head bobbin* *head bobbin*

Woo!!

I'm going to go back and listen to each session for a week again but spend the weekends listening straight through all 8 hours a time or two.

=P

I've also been going back through their entire discography since these sessions started. Finding new things that I like about each album+EP. I've also been listening to the Laxir collection - two discs a week.

I've been in Autechre heaven for the last month. I have no intension of leaving any time soon.

=D

LONG LIVE AE!!

Legend has it someone here compiled a more up to date and better quality version of the laxir collection and it exists via a mega link somewhere... :whistling:

Woo!!

=P

=D

LONG LIVE AE!!

Legend has it someone here compiled a more up to date and better quality version of the laxir collection and it exists via a mega link somewhere... :whistling:
Hehe. I have Laxir in FLAC... And then made my own little 'comp tracks + remixes' 'album' full of mixes that weren't in the Laxir collection. *whisper* it's 91 tracks.

But thanks... I'll have to seek it out and see if there's anything I don't have yet.

=D

Anyway, back to NTS:;: gonk steady one is doing my head in right now. That part it transitions into at around 10:30 is so fucking badass. That glassy sounding pad is beautiful. Coupled with the harsher sounds, it's a-maz-ing.

*mind-melting*

Fucking sweeeeeeet... Gonna have to check this later today.

Thanks for posting it!

*edit*

Hey! One for Session 2 as well!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lbpT9Mm67s

Listening to S1 right now and it's so awesome. I'm really diggin it... More than double the length too!!

Another 9 1/2 hours of music!

=D

Wootwoo!!

Edited by Hk47

Broadcast got out of sync, NTS 4 'ended' a few minutes early then started again, was unceremoniously shunted off on the hour, then for some reason NTS 1 has now started up.

NTS 4AEVA

Edit: Also spotted the banner at the top of the page changed from Autechre. NTS session 4 to Autechre. NTS sessions 1-4 when the countdown ended. Perhaps it's going to loop on that page until the box sets start rolling out?

Edited by jasondonervan

NTS4 is such a high quality release. I think it will go down as one of the more unanimous releases among ae fans, despite the understandable misgivings on live broadcast.

My dog of nearly 14 years had to be put down on Tuesday, and column thirteen was the final track I heard whilst spending time with him a few hours earlier. That last mournful part on the track was unnerving.

Sorry to hear about your dog :(

Broadcast got out of sync, NTS 4 'ended' a few minutes early then started again, was unceremoniously shunted off on the hour, then for some reason NTS 1 has now started up.

NTS 4AEVA

I wonder if they'll just keep cycling every thursday, for years...

yeah, condolences.

John Stuart Mill: "I was seriously tormented by the thought of the exhaustibility of musical combinations. The octave consists only of five tones and two semitones, which can be put together in only a limited number of ways, of which but a small proportion are beautiful: most of these, it seemed to me, must have been already discovered, and there could not be room for a long succession of Mozarts and Webers, to strike out, as these had done, entirely new and surpassingly rich veins of musical beauty."

Autechre (after nearly dying of laughter): "Hold my beer."

yeah, condolences.

Yeah man. Really sorry to hear that, it's a hard sad time losing a dog.

yeah, condolences.

Yeah man. Really sorry to hear that, it's a hard sad time losing a dog.

Thanks all, I'm fine. It is tenderly sad, but you are also happy for them to go beyond after a decent long life and given the decrepitude, lost senses and cognitive dysfunction of old age. I had my dearest younger sibling die suddenly a few years back (a few weeks after AE Live), whereas this planned exit by comparison was soothing. I think I got through it pretty well, you miss them but you are also happy for them in a way, and thankful for time spent. It was a loving injection at the vets, wish I could go that way when the time comes, helped to ease those torn emotions. Funny thing is, based on his persistent puppy looks, he seemed to attract the loving attention of strangers on his last day on earth (unbeknownst to them), so I'd like to read some sort of cosmic relevance or transference into it. Anyway, enough on that.

First 'chresday without the new stuff, but there is so much decent music being released at the moment that I'll be occupied. They just released my favourite album of the decade, I'm satisfied for some time.

Edited by Roo