IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

really? Guess I'll have to return this "NTS1-5 + EP diamond encrusted special edition" LP set, must be a misprint. RTS.

Edited by Roo

yyyy-mm-dd is clearly the best way; sort first by year, then month, then date in file lists. This is how I've been organising my track files since 2003..

Agreed - The Japanese were proper forward thinking when they employed that as their date formatting.

^the extra 1-8 thing looked almost like a cardboard piece with the thickness of it in the previous pics you posted, looks more like a sticker here though. Box edges look a little janky...

yyyy-mm-dd is clearly the best way; sort first by year, then month, then date in file lists. This is how I've been organising my track files since 2003..

Agreed - The Japanese were proper forward thinking when they employed that as their date formatting.

I just wanna know why y'all are timestamping files in the name. Shit's embedded in the file anyway, just arrange/search folders by....y'all are including extraneous information and that's hella lame eh

:cat:  :cat: 

I do it for live and DJ sets, and also raw video recordings. Albums and that I just bung in a folder with the default filenames and let the Metadata do the rest ....

I’m getting the feeling that I won’t be listening to this at the weekend like I’d hoped…

I was under the impression international orders from blerp always dispatched ahead of UK orders to help with slightly extended shipping duration.. I wasn't expecting a delivery til early to middle of next week.

Edited by jasondonervan

Yup. I drop the dashes though, e.g. 20180816. And if I'm feeling particularly lazy I drop the "20" because I'll be dead before it rolls over to 21 and if somehow future generations give a shit about my creations they'll find a way to figure out the century.

I do it for live and DJ sets, and also raw video recordings. Albums and that I just bung in a folder with the default filenames and let the Metadata do the rest ....

true for that. I don't keep much of that sort of thing tho so it just didn't occur to me that it's a big issue for others I guess? Metadata is where it's at when you can is the crux of my argument blabber.

I’m getting the feeling that I won’t be listening to this at the weekend like I’d hoped…

I was under the impression international orders from blerp always dispatched ahead of UK orders to help with slightly extended shipping duration.. I wasn't expecting a delivery til early to middle of next week.

Yeah but people are getting estimates of 1-2days. From yesterday.

Which means even if Blerp despatched mine today, I still would have it after those in the US who have already received despatch notification.

Yeah but people are getting estimates of 1-2days. From yesterday.

Which means even if Blerp despatched mine today, I still would have it after those in the US who have already received despatch notification.

ae3jdvw_460sa_v1kddx0.gif

Thx for nothin', bloop

My LP box set delivered this morning (USA).  Now for the long waiting game as I sit at work, ready, willing, but unable to gonk (until I get home).

Which track to play first, or just start at the beginning?