Just received a dispatch notification: I have my CDs within an hour!

*.*

In my hands now. CDs aren't bowed.

Just received a dispatch notification: I have my CDs within an hour!

*.*

In my hands now. CDs aren't bowed.
Lol

:'(

Slight curve on my vinyl box. Picture makes it look far worse than it is, tbh:

03rldl0.png

Putting it down to the weight involved - it was well packaged in a massive oversized shipping box, probably thanks to being sent with the CD set, so not caused by anything happening while in transit.

Yup.

As expected.

Every single disc in my vinyl box is horribly badly warped.

After reading Discogs, I'm not even going to pretend to be surprised by this.

I mean, the label IS Warp records right?

(hope they issue a replacement or give you your money back, that's crap)

Thanks! Very disappointed.

Also, Blerp want "proof" of the warped discs and bowed sleeves. Meaning sending videos and pictures. As if I have the inclination to do any of that. Requesting a full refund instead. Life is too short and I've wasted enough of mine already.

surely that's not that much of a big deal? if you've got time to complain here/to bleep/on discogs, you can surely take a short photo/video...

my sleeves are also a little bowed; warping the discs a bit in the process. i wonder if it's bit of a design flaw? just having the weight of 12x12"s accruring in the bottom of the thinnish inner sleeves maybe adding some sort of curvature to the sleeves and hence vinyl too? they play fine for me though. could probably sort out by leaving the whole thing horizontal for a while.

i don't envy warp dealing with pressing 12 LPs of delicate/dynamic music, ensuring the quality control of that whole process and then having to package up these huge boxes and send them out into the world, completely at the whim of the's world's postal systems. 

It would have been less of a big deal if Australia, New Zealand and the US hadn't got their box sets many, many days earlier than mine, at which point it sold out, and if I hadn't elected to work from home on the day the set was supposed to arrive, then didn't.

And now they want to send replacement discs so I have to take 12 photos plus video of each faulty item.

I'd rather just send the damn thing back and be done with it.

It's a shame too as I listened to one disc briefly and pressing sounds excellent.

(Also, these messages take seconds...)

Edited by Jamesqdot

My CD box is a touched bowed, not near as bad as some of your vinyls. The paper overlay looks a bit cheap in person as well, I suspected all this from seeing the photos but yeah, confirmed. Cheap & quick production I guess? Obviously has some issues...as long as the CDs play it's not a big deal though (they look fine of course), as I know that fucking white box is gonna get ugly after a year or two of use anyway.

Edited by auxien

uku3SBB.jpg

gonk encounters of the 12xLP kind

Mine arrived a tiny bit curvy but doesn't seem to affect play. Halfway through NTS1 and it sounds very well pressed, t1a1 sounded immense.

To be honest CD / digital probably makes more sense for a release like this (especially NTS4) but damn if it's not satisfying dropping the needle on l3 ctrl and blasting it out.

got my CDs today. just popped in here, see curves are occurring. my box slightly dipped. looking closely, suggest box is actually too big for the amount of discs.

Err, that Session 4 track split on different sides looks pretty horrible.

Purely anecdotal early data from the social media tubes, but it seems like a lot of CD sets were procured in favour of the vinyl edition. Cost obviously a large factor in that - also a lot of vinyl sets might not have made it to their respective new homes yet - but it makes me curious as to how many copies of the full fat vinyl set (not the separate 3xLP releases) were produced.

Purely anecdotal early data from the social media tubes, but it seems like a lot of CD sets were procured in favour of the vinyl edition. Cost obviously a large factor in that - also a lot of vinyl sets might not have made it to their respective new homes yet - but it makes me curious as to how many copies of the full fat vinyl set (not the separate 3xLP releases) were produced.

For comparison, Warp20 Boxset was 5000 pressings.

Got my vinyl and CD sets today too, not broken the seal on the vinyl as yet but slight warping on the outer box. Might have been sturdier if the inner box didn't have that angled cut away and was 3 full sides with just the opening at the top.

Guys. The box is made of cardboard.

I'm guessing they produced less than half of that for NTS. Far less.

I'm guessing they produced less than half of that for NTS. Far less.

Ehhhh. I'd say 2000 is a reasonable figure.

Quaristice Steel case sold out within 12 hours, and that was 1000 pressings. Warp know Ae can haul ass. But they also know not everyone can drop £120 plus postage just casual-like. Also don't forget that they're selling any left overs through retail channels. I'd say 2000 is a very conservative (i.e low ball) estimate.

Good points. I'll add that the vinyl edition is confined to a domestic release, so likely no coordinated production in international pressing plants further afield. It must have been one hell of a block booking for producing them, I would wager Warp has some considerable sway with the right people to make it happen in spite of things like RSD nonsense clogging up the plants.

Both CD-box and Vinyl-box are "one time pressings". Once they are sold out, the price will be stellar.

This now is perhaps the last chance to get them.

Good points. I'll add that the vinyl edition is confined to a domestic release, so likely no coordinated production in international pressing plants further afield. It must have been one hell of a block booking for producing them, I would wager Warp has some considerable sway with the right people to make it happen in spite of things like RSD nonsense clogging up the plants.

Do you mean through retail channels it's confined to the UK, for releasing leftover boxsets? Makes sense, yeah.

Do you mean through retail channels it's confined to the UK, for releasing leftover boxsets? Makes sense, yeah.

I was more referring to how there is only one manufacture point of origin - could be UK, more likely Europe - but no pressing duplication elsewhere in the world.

Edited by jasondonervan

I was more referring to how there is only one manufacture point of origin - could be UK, more likely Europe - but no pressing duplication elsewhere in the world.

Ohhh right, yeah.

I think Warp uses Damont these days. They used to use MPO.

Sounds absolutely massive.

post-1495-0-04381800-1534952385_thumb.jpg

while still in the shrink wrap my vinyl set did look a bit bowed, but now that its been opened it looks fine.

Fucking tDR. Should've stipulated that the box was made of carbon reinforced steel. 

My box arrived in great shape.  Overall the Slipcase is made well, especially compared to the construction of warp20's slipcase. I flipped the inner box around and store it with the spine facing out so that the opening has full support. That being said:

• The inner box is at least 1/4" too large for 12 records.  I'll probably cut a few squares of archival matboard and shove them in the back to keep the inside flat
  • The record sleeves are sized for an inner liner, but there aren't any. So the records can move around a lot. Hopefully inner liners will fit in them. 
  • Since the box & sleeves are oversized, if you look at them from the top the sleeves are bowed from gravity, more or less like this ). The records look flat at least, but I haven't had a chance to play them. Hopefully filling in the gap with some archival crap will be enough. 

Still very nice. I hope it doesn't turn into a parallelogram like the warp20 set is doing