IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

They should start doing mockups of cardboard products (like NTS cases) with Official Cardboard Curve {tm} as a selling feature. Just looked at the ae bleepstore site and the mockups there sure are fucking straight as a goddamned laser. Would've sold more if they emphasized the sexy curves of the Organic Natural production materials.

Being serious, I do actually agree with you — time was that pictures put up on WarpMart were actual product, or at the very least were prototype mock ups.

More and more it does seem to be digital renders, and I'm gonna be honest I forgot about that. So in that sense, yeah...slightly misleading. But then my head keeps coming back to "but it's cardboard. And it was hot as fuck this summer, and humid too..."

Played back Session 1 on vinyl just now. Sounds amazing to my ears. As good as I remember it. Been a few months since I last listened to this so it's gonna be fun revisting it again. No playback issues, pops or clicks etc. Would love to play this on a more powerful system again like I did with the wavs back in April. Tho whenever I get around to taking a trip to this stuff I think I'll stick to the wavs for the gapless playback.

Just finished the whole thing.

Incredible. The sequencing and flow is astounding, considering the amount of material.

I am, however, really looking forward to the 45rpm 180gram virgin vinyl half speed cut reissue.

listening to the vinyls right now. sounds more solid on the vinyls. 

Someone has to digitalize their vinyl and upload it. I'm curious to hear if there really is a difference other than the inferior sound quality that comes with the outdated format

listening to the vinyls right now. sounds more solid on the vinyls.

Someone has to digitalize their vinyl and upload it. I'm curious to hear if there really is a difference other than the inferior sound quality that comes with the outdated format

Ooh, snap.

only way that its going to sound better than the vinyls is if its digitized through an mpc 60 but you can only do 13 seconds at a time so its gonna be some work. 

Just chiming in to say mine looks & sounds flawless

That's possible, but it's not gonna sound better than the digital version. Unless you like a slight warm analogue distortion (which isn't even there if it sounds flawless as you say). But I personally rather hear the sound as it is and as it was created. If the artist wants to add noise and distortion they can do it but why rely on a flawed format to do that? I mean vinyls look kinda cool but that's about it. No advantage in listening experience

Jk on the flawless sound, four of seven is skipping all over the place. Is that a serious enough complaint to warrant contacting Bleep over?

Have you played with your counterweight at all? Sorry silly question maybe.

Jk on the flawless sound, four of seven is skipping all over the place. Is that a serious enough complaint to warrant contacting Bleep over?

I can try, but it hasn’t happened with any other side of vinyl so far.

Edited by seaburn

Tracking force could be the issue. I used to use the minimum recommended tracking force until i started getting skips on only some detroit techno records (ie generally loud kicks/dynamics).  I upped the tracking force to the the maximum recommended for my cartridge, and generally have had no skips and same if not better sound quality. Might be wearing out the stylus faster but to me its been a better experience with no skips.  But its best to take my anecdote with a grain of salt and research your own setup.

On another note.. i'm enjoying seeing all your box sets / physical copies, keep em coming!  Im living vicariously while enjoying the digitals.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

I can try, but it hasn’t happened with any other side of vinyl so far.

I noticed that four of seven has the heaviest bass of all the tracks on session 1 so the tracking force thing mentioned by Marked might be a good idea. Do you see any warping or defects in the surface of the vinyl?

Tracking force could be the issue. I used to use the minimum recommended tracking force until i started getting skips on only some detroit techno records (ie generally loud kicks/dynamics).  I upped the tracking force to the the maximum recommended for my cartridge, and generally have had no skips and same if not better sound quality. Might be wearing out the stylus faster but to me its been a better experience with no skips.  But its best to take my anecdote with a grain of salt and research your own setup.

On another note.. i'm enjoying seeing all your box sets / physical copies, keep em coming!  Im living vicariously while enjoying the digitals.

I had a very similar experience but I was keen on dnb and jungle rather than Detroit tech. 

I have zero technical knowledge of these things but anecdotally remember changing the counterweight/tracking force and having nice results. 

Hope it's not a vinyl defect mr seaburn. =(