IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Just got an update from Bleep Support (which, I have to admit, is pretty damn good for the most part). Apparently Warp are aware of the issue and working on a "replacement programme".

So the scale of the problem is clearly such that they're looking to replace units on a large scale.

Just got an update from Bleep Support (which, I have to admit, is pretty damn good for the most part). Apparently Warp are aware of the issue and working on a "replacement programme".

So the scale of the problem is clearly such that they're looking to replace units on a large scale.

Same thing, must admit their customer service is on point

This got me concerned so i finally decided to open the thing to check the state of Schrödinger's Gonk. The sleeves are slightly bent indeed but the Vinyls themselves seem OK so i'm relieved...

would be very, very cool to have the vinyl but lets be honest on the whole it's a complete ball ache and not worth the effort

I used to be pretty hardcore with the old physical stuff but this set has to be best on lossless, though for an extra tenner I'll get the cd boxset 

snarf shnarf

Edited by beerwolf

Listened to Session 2 on vinyl today. Sounds great. No playback issues. I can say that I noticed that the 3rd disc in Sesssion 2 was considerably more bowed than the others (all of them have a slight bump in them tbh) but it did not make the needle jump at all. If it were a 45 it might be an issue as I have some 45 rpm discs where that is the case, but as it stands I had no problems. Also, 9 chr0 is killer on wax!

From autechre subreddit:

NTS Sessions 1-4 is actually even longer on the physical editions.

Nothing too dramatic of course, but due to the way the sides of the vinyl are split up, and the tracklist for the CDs, there's technically a few extra minutes of sound.

It's most noticeable with "shimripl casual" and "all end" on both the vinyl and CD. Where the two tracks would segue into each other on the download version, they're completely separated on the physical formats. There's about an extra minute at the end of "shimripl casual" and at the beginning of "all end."

Some other small differences I've noticed:

On the vinyl edition, "acid mwan idle" (03-C1) fades in a bit instead of starting at full volume as it does on the digital versions.

On the vinyl edition, "mirrage" (04-A3) seems to run for a few seconds longer, and doesn't stop abruptly. On the digital versions, it segues into "column thirteen."

If anyone else comes across anything different on the vinyl or CD, let me know! I'm trying to find all the little changes they had to make for this monster of a package.

peal MA also is 30 seconds longer in the beginning

Did anyone notice that the harsh reverb sound at the very end of north spiral is longer?

bqbqbq is my least favourite track...

got my slabs of vinylz finally...have been giving them a listen, lushness. they were similar to what was posted here, but nothing dramatic on the discs themselves. playability fine...

Does anyone actually listen to bqbqbq?

I do. Not too fond of it (yet) but I'm sure it will grow on me like all the ae tracks that seem annoying at first.
I can’t even try to make that one happen anymore (but that’s ok...)