IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Does anyone actually listen to bqbqbq?

It’s actually my favorite track so far, hah.
I can smell a lie like a fart in a car

Nope, when I first heard it on the broadcast I was really blown away, no fooling

It’s actually my favorite track so far, hah.
I can smell a lie like a fart in a car
Nope, when I first heard it on the broadcast I was really blown away, no fooling
I will say that when I first listened live, it was during bqbq that “is this all new AE?” was confirmed. Most thought it would be dj stuff. The song still seems like a teaser to me.

I actually just got my cd box set in the mail today and I was listening to it when I wrote my reply, still really like it. Had to turn down the treble a little bit on my amplifier, but that’s true for the whole thing, lots of sharp digital edges.

It sounds very good when loud and HQ :) strange mix of playfulness and sourness and bitterness and just f u c k i n '  t a s t y

Listened to most of CD1 in the car today and goddamn it sounds good in HQ blasting. Listened to the digitals via my phone>auxillary but lower quality mp3s/phone coloring the sound maybe, just no real comparison to my ears. Could easily hear the clarity and craziness all over t1a1. Dynamics are fucking amazing in that track. As I said up there, bqbqbq sounds so good up loud. Dancing little fairies in my ears. 13 ctrl goddamn them synths and them beats, same for debris_funk. Dirty rotten sex. Like hearing it for the first time almost. Not gonna say that the CDs mastering makes all the difference 'cause the digitals may have the same mastering and/or been listening to the lower quality as mentioned, but it doesn't matter 'cause it sounds so good.

It sounds like Autechre pretending to be Autechre; like they’re making fun of themselves. I’ll just never listen to it on purpose, that’s all.

I stick by my first impression of it four months ago (hell time flies):

bqbqbq is the sound of a clown talking to a psychiatrist - starting off joking and doing tricks before eventually breaking down when they talk more and more about their disturbed childhood.

Kinda this in musical form:

(and I really like the track)

debris_funk and l3 ctrl are tracks that really benefit from physical form, need the space to reverberate. 32a_reflected also sounds massive.

The bqbqbq/fLh haters are tedious try hardy types, the Wurstwasser faction of ae fans only content with brutal beat buffets and 'difficult' 'chre.

Edited by Roo