dlvscdru4aepjllseeyj.jpg

Not my snap as I had binned off my order for the Japanese CD edition, was a bit surplus to requirements other than being a fun curio (and no bonus track to be found). Turns out it doesn't come with a nice chunky obi strip after all, just a sticker to denote its non-domestic status. I even suspect with the placement of that sticker that it's just a rebagged copy of the domestic release anyway... so no great loss.

Not my snap as I had binned off my order for the Japanese CD edition, was a bit surplus to requirements other than being a fun curio (and no bonus track to be found). Turns out it doesn't come with a nice chunky obi strip after all, just a sticker to denote its non-domestic status. I even suspect with the placement of that sticker that it's just a rebagged copy of the domestic release anyway... so no great loss.

Very cool. I guess this breaks with the 'japanese bonus track so they will buy it domestic' thing.

I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't get excited for a physical on this release, even though I've been collecting some vinyl, and I'm still loving NTS1-4. I guess I got intimidated by that many vinyl, or maybe it's cause i rarely find time to devote to sitting and enjoying a vinyl session either alone or with friends anymore.

Waiting for Oscillik's track-by-track first impressions/review now that he's finally heard it

Who do you think I am, Alco?

you're not?

09f56db028ba7c8.png

Very cool. I guess this breaks with the 'japanese bonus track so they will buy it domestic' thing.

It seems a bit of a push to do a limited Japanese run of an already limited release.  Suspect all will be returned to normality when the next album "4taen" is released.

Edited by fletcher

I've checked only sesh 1,2 and 4 yet, but the disc lengths all add up to 2 hours so I think there are no pregap tracks.

Sorry bro.

wasn't expecting anything but was worth asking so thanks :)

I don't have beer. But I do have whiskey. A nice big unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101.

Ha I have a bottle of Rare Breed. Opened. 101 is good stuff too tho.

I will forever associate NTS Sessions with Whisky; I was drinking scotch malt whisky the first time I listened to it in its entirety.

Not been drinking much at all lately (broke) but I imagine whisky goes very nicely with much of NTS. Pour another glass each session, go all day. :)

Aaaaand... I don't have beer. But I do have whiskey. A nice big unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101. I'd share, but none of you live in the cesspool of Indiana that I do... So... I can only hand out virtual drinks to everyone.

=P

haha it's all good was just a bit confuzzled (happens too easily)

F*ck! You're right! NineFly is 10'04"!!!

I misread with the size in mB.

lol AE forum: we guesstimate the lengths of tracks based on their mb size  :biggrin:

sounds to me like this thread really went off the raels :dadjoke:

:tongue:

Who do you think I am, Alco?

ALCO REVIEW WHEN

An Alco review would easily be 20 GB in size and cause the server to collapse (and not in the Aphex way) :dadjoke:

So yeh, when’s that Alco review?!

An Alco review would easily be 20 GB in size and cause the server to collapse (and not in the Aphex way) :dadjoke:

Typically, Alcofribas Autechre reviews have a radius on the order of 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) and a mass between 1.4 and 2.16 solar masses.[2] They result from the supernova explosion of a collection of tracks collected and released by the electronic music group Autechre, combined with gravitational collapse, that compresses Alcofribas' words past the white dwarf star density to that of atomic nuclei. Once formed, they no longer actively generate heat, and cool over time; however, they may still evolve further through collision or accretion. Most of the basic models for these objects imply that 'Alco reviews' (as they are commonly referred) are composed almost entirely of words (subatomic particles with no net electrical charge and with slightly larger mass than sounds); the words and symbols present in normal text combine to produce sentences and sometimes paragraphs of the conditions in an Alcofribas Autechre review. Alco AE reviews are supported against further collapse by textual degeneracy pressure, a phenomenon described by the Pauli exclusion principle, just as white dwarfs are supported against collapse by electron degeneracy pressure. If the remnant review has a mass greater than about 3 solar masses, it continues collapsing to form a Tim Hecker fanfic.

am i the only one that knows alco works for pitchfork now?! first trump now this...  :catsuicide:

Finished Session 3 on vinyl today. Again, no playback issues whatsoever. Love how off the walls this one gets. some highlights for me this time around were acid mwan idle, fLh, g 1 e 1, nineFLy (holy shit does it ripples your floors, love this one, particularily the thickest track on the wax yet), and icari.

going back to nineFly. it's like you're drowning in a huge vat of resinous cannabis honey and there is like a shimmer of light you can hear reflecting off the edges of the steel walls.

âbsolutely

I don't get those fuckers who don't get nineFly. inferior pack

Yup. Love me some nineFly. Also love 9chro=I feel like the tracks are related...

That's pretty decent, I lol at allmusic but fair focks to em as they pointed jonge Bobby Digitals good music back in ye olde days (including Autechre, as told through Bladelores). Dunno where the "best answer" to this thread waen't (u kno, the welcome to...), but this was especially en pointe:

While an album full of such long-winded, usually non-melodic, alien-sounding experiments might be an endurance test (if not completely impenetrable) to most listeners, Autechre fans live for endeavors like this. When the four sessions were originally aired, they each streamed on a loop for an entire week before the next one was premiered, so the duo's fans had an extended period of time to digest the material as it continually played in the background. By nature, the daunting NTS Sessions is Autechre's most challenging work, but for those who are dedicated, it's also one of their most rewarding.

clustro casual needs more love. such an underrated gem

Probably the best allmusic review I’ve read. Noice.

at this point my review system is setup so that I just press space bar and a unique 8hr review just spits out each time. sounds like max

My last Autechre review, like... ever

http://www.hhv-mag.com/de/review/10243/autechre-nts-sessions

And tonight I will listen to NTS 3 & 4 for the first time and it will be from vinyl. Cumshots ahead.

Love it!

Die Vergangenheitsbewältigung altgedienter Autechre-Fans hält in vielen Foren noch immer an.

This sentence is a gem!

Overcoming the past of veteran Autechre fans is still a hot topic in many forums.

ok

Overcoming the past of veteran Autechre fans is still a hot topic in many forums.

ok

The sentence before it is about that still many fans think back to the melodious first albums. And the word "Vergangenheitsbewältigung" in this sentence, meaning "overcoming the past" is mostly used in the context how to handle to historical past (mostly WWII, Hitler, and so on).

It's hard to translate, sorry. It just ironically emphasizes this sentiment, when people mourn after the good old days, as Autechre were still melodious, you know?

Edited by Chabraendeky

Can anyone suggest some highlights from the 4 sessions? Or do you recommend just listening to it all start to finish in chunks? 

listen to all 4 sessions, 1 at a time