IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Can anyone suggest some highlights from the 4 sessions? Or do you recommend just listening to it all start to finish in chunks?

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

All End tho?

Can anyone suggest some highlights from the 4 sessions? Or do you recommend just listening to it all start to finish in chunks?

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

All End tho?

parameter asked for highlights from the 4 sessions. of nts4, all end is definitely a highlight. it's a different kind of listen than the other nts songs so it is difficult to compare, but it is fucking awesome.

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

All End tho?

parameter asked for highlights from the 4 sessions. of nts4, all end is definitely a highlight. it's a different kind of listen than the other nts songs so it is difficult to compare, but it is fucking awesome.

Definitely not a highlight; shimripl casual or bust. Truth is I’ve never listened to more than 5 minutes of all end at a stretch, so there you go.

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

What self respecting human would leave tt1pd off a list of highlights from NTS?!?!?

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

What self respecting human would leave tt1pd off a list of highlights from NTS?!?!?

Or North Spiral??

Finished Session 4 on vinyl. So I can say there are no issues on all 12 discs. Just a few comments on Session 4, column thirteen is amazing. Out of all the sessions, this one the vinyl shows the most crackle and pops during the quieter parts of all end and mirrage. Also I have to say that the effect all end has had on me in the past seems somewhat lost in having to switch between three parts. It is interesting they gave shimripl casual its own miniature ending. Love having this on vinyl and will certainly spin it more in the future, but the digital release is still the definitive version and probably will be what i listen to most often. Will dive into the CDs next.

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

Or North Spiral??
Fucking acid mwan idle; stellar non-AE AE. Frane casual in the same camp.

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

tt1pd is more for autechre fans than for anyone, like a lot of these songs, which could maybe all be called highlights. i was trying to list songs that anyone could get into.

Edited by very honest

Definitely not a highlight; shimripl casual or bust. Truth is I’ve never listened to more than 5 minutes of all end at a stretch, so there you go.

Mods pls temporary ban until they can prove they've sat down and listened to all end fully. This is a disgusting assault on the AE subforum's guidelines.

As long as we're discussing individual tracks I might as well admit that I'm really triggered by the existence of elys9 7hres. Or maybe not that it exists but just that it sounds relatively "normal" by Autechre standards. The cool thing about the original (0nset) is how in the second half it sort of just 'goes off the deep end' and gets insanely abstract and fluid. It feels like you've reached uncharted territory even within ae-land. But then 7hres ruins it by slapping a more conventional beat on the same modular-y sound palette, which imo retroactively "normalizes" the second half of 0nset by making it feel less unique and otherworldly.

So 7hres is maybe the only the newer ae track that I can confidently say I don't like. =/ Normally wouldn't have a problem with reusing sounds to do something new but the 2nd half of 0nset was just special... :catcry:

I don’t believe that the majority of you have listened to the full hour of All End. And if you have, it was prolly only once. If I wanted a non-AE to get into AE, All End would be dead ass last on my list.

Overcoming the past of veteran Autechre fans is still a hot topic in many forums.

ok

The sentence before it is about that still many fans think back to the melodious first albums. And the word "Vergangenheitsbewältigung" in this sentence, meaning "overcoming the past" is mostly used in the context how to handle to historical past (mostly WWII, Hitler, and so on).

It's hard to translate, sorry. It just ironically emphasizes this sentiment, when people mourn after the good old days, as Autechre were still melodious, you know?

bbqbqbqbqbq is 100% melodious though. 

Finally got to listen to session 1 vinyl. Sounds great. Bqbqbq revealed itself as a good background to the final stage in super paper Mario wii. Haven't otherwise given it a chance.

i like how the google translate of the italian rolling stone interview does not translate all words

Rob: We do not jammiamo with the machines

gesti2.jpg

ha ha ha!

Well, jammiamo is the maccheroni metamorphosis of "make a jam"

gonk steady one

six of eight

9 chr0

nineFly

all end

Or North Spiral??
Fucking acid mwan idle; stellar non-AE AE. Frane casual in the same camp.

acid mwan, frane, mirrage  are the lost ae/:z*f: collab tracks actually

I don’t believe that the majority of you have listened to the full hour of All End. And if you have, it was prolly only once. If I wanted a non-AE to get into AE, All End would be dead ass last on my list.

Just now was my second time to the whole hour of 'all end'. First time after I've downloaded the 24-bit version after the broadcast trough headphones, and now first time on CD, on speakers. I agree, not a beginner stuff.

First time I listened to it, I didn't realized that sub-basses. They appear after 8 minutes or so, a tought there must be a helicopter out there (the door to the balcony was open), as I realized, no, this is really coming from the speakers.

At the end it appears again, but not with the same rotor-like vibration, but more like a big 32-feet organ-pipe.

I love the mindfuck, the treble register does to you, too: there are so many held notes swirling, they form melodies, but witout clear contours, flushing away, like mist. Or like swarm of birds swirling over the city (like in a Terry Malick movie).

Amazing.