IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Tha 'chre shirt just arrived. Really nice fit, material errs more on the silky side. Turbile epic casual(wear) :cool:

Did you get the absolute unit size?

Nah, been cutting back on the pizzae. That takes me back...

watmmthefuckmfliers1dcra.jpg

Halcyon times, halcyon times…

Tha 'chre shirt just arrived. Really nice fit, material errs more on the silky side. Turbile epic casual(wear) :cool:

What’s the fit like?

I’m a tall guy but I’ll usually wear a medium, sometimes large, however the elseq shirt felt like a small to me, couldn’t wear it (would sell it to anyone interested).

Close fit, but not tight... if you hover between two sizes generally, I'd opt for the larger.

Did you get the absolute unit size?

Nah, been cutting back on the pizzae. That takes me back...

watmmthefuckmfliers1dcra.jpg

Halcyon times, halcyon times…

1521712_8280503838781weivs.png

Nvr 4get (to add more toplels)

just listened to shimripl casual really loud on headphones.. its too good i literally cant even

it sounds like the managed to create digital collisions of physical materials rubbing together, with seemingly infinite permutations.  how the fuck did they even do this stuff.

i only bought mp3s, but feeling like this track more than most would benefit from lossless detail

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Also, random thought:

If pizzeria autechre offered to sell single slabs of vinyl a-la-carte.. I would totally pick up shimripl casual and a gonk (not sure which).  Would be throwing a bone to us folks not in EU/USA to whom 40 usd is still a tall order

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Honestly, I've never heard a difference between a FLAC file and a 320kb/s MP3 file, even on a good system really loudly

high-frequency edges get dulled. try an a/b comparison with 6ie.cr

there are more details in high frequency waves because they're smaller

Edited by very honest

Am i the only one who decided for the loose sessions on vinyl instead of the boxset? Nevermind, after first listen of the whole beast following question came up my mind:"What year is this-?"

Second thought:"I have to return that crackling festival session number 4 and try to replace it for a better copy."

Edited by klek

Honestly, I've never heard a difference between a FLAC file and a 320kb/s MP3 file, even on a good system really loudly

Dunno, I think it's more a placebo. I mean I can tell the difference between an MP3 file that's worse than 320kbps and a FLAC but at 320kbps there really isn't a noticeable difference for me. Maybe my hearing just isn't as fine as yours

Yes. the high frequencies and sub bass frequencies will get cut on lossy audio. You won't notice it most of the time on very compressed music, but through some nice cans or speakers and with detailed music like Ae you will be able to pick it out. 6IE.CR is a good example too. Just listened to a lossless rip of my Draft cd last night on new headphones and holy shit I've never heard this album sound like that.

Yes. the high frequencies and sub bass frequencies will get cut on lossy audio. You won't notice it most of the time on very compressed music, but through some nice cans or speakers and with detailed music like Ae you will be able to pick it out. 6IE.CR is a good example too. Just listened to a lossless rip of my Draft cd last night on new headphones and holy shit I've never heard this album sound like that.

True story. I like using Dael as an example, what with that bigass reverbed sawtooth zap in the intro.

Dunno, I think it's more a placebo. I mean I can tell the difference between an MP3 file that's worse than 320kbps and a FLAC but at 320kbps there really isn't a noticeable difference for me. Maybe my hearing just isn't as fine as yours

detail is lost. it's lossy compression. some people don't notice, some do. some really enjoy the fine detail in the high end that is not there in 320 mp3

i would pass a pepsi challenge in a/b comparisons with a high success rate. i can usually guess the mp3 bitrate.

Edited by very honest

detail is lost. it's lossy compression. some people don't notice, some do. some really enjoy the fine detail in the high end that is not there in 320 mp3

i would pass a pepsi challenge in a/b comparisons with a high success rate. i can usually guess the mp3 bitrate.

Totally agree - I've brought this up with people in the past and they got legit ANGRY with me for pointing this out lol. I mean high bitrate lossy is still lossy... a cup w/ a very tiny hole in it is still gonna leak innit.