IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

headphones are the key that unlocks the treasure chest that is autechre

Would have signed up to ~Exai. The latest releases however contain lots of spatial irritations that are best (/only) experienced on well placed speakers, LOUD. Prime example: Ending of violvoic. Recent liveshows were testament to that, too.

The latest releases however contain lots of spatial irritations that are best (/only) experienced on well placed speakers, LOUD. Prime example: Ending of violvoic. Recent liveshows were testament to that, too.

this. also that's the reason i doubt there'll be soundboards of AEonesix or the recent live stuff anytime soon. those were all about spatial effects and i guess it would be damn near impossible to properly reproduce that on disc. (i'd be happy to be proven wrong though!)

a 5.1 release on the other hand.... seanrob pls

Never having listened to Untilted in the car = never having listened to Untilted = Insta ban

The axiom of vehicularity

Lol

But i can't disagree, Untitled really does sound best in the car.  Theres just something about it.  I don't own a car anymore (city lyfe) but just remembering that makes me want to drive around bumping LCC

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Would have signed up to ~Exai. The latest releases however contain lots of spatial irritations that are best (/only) experienced on well placed speakers, LOUD. Prime example: Ending of violvoic. Recent liveshows were testament to that, too.

Yeah from Exai onwards I think their music works better in a room through speakers. That said, there are parts of elseq that are just ridiculous in headphones.

Never having listened to Untilted in the car = never having listened to Untilted = Insta ban

Lol

But i can't disagree, Untitled really does sound best in the car.  Theres just something about it.  I don't own a car anymore (city lyfe) but just remembering that makes me want to drive around bumping LCC

Yeah I don't even like Untilted that much but yeah probably the best Autechre car album. Even the obligatory bummer track, Iera, is made for trunk bumpin'.

Incomplete without engine noise? Edited by Strophlex

I'm fairly certain that t1a1 (NTS opening track) is homage to Scorn. But I could be wrong.

I think you will be wrong. The last time somebody made that comparison sean was like 'lol no you fool eat a dick' - direct quote

I'm fairly certain that t1a1 (NTS opening track) is homage to Scorn. But I could be wrong.

I think you will be wrong. The last time somebody made that comparison sean was like 'lol no you fool eat a dick' - direct quote

Would it be fair to say he scorned it?

May I see the original source? For verification sake.

Edited by ambermonk

I think he's just referring to an exchange between John Ehrlichmann and Sean during AAA regarding recks on. Sean denied it being a Scorn homage but quite politely actually.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XAizLmKun4yF6oBVUhIrewYN-ZiY_9ORckmT-hF93Ho/edit#gid=0&range=D262

Oh, yeah. I vaguely remember that bit now that you mention it.

From t1a1 I distinctly get similar vibes from Scorn's album Stealth. Something about the slow, heavy strides between snare hits. Recks On on the other hand, I don't see any connection with Scorn. In fact, I remember Sean claiming that Recks On was intended as a nod to '80s hip hop - something that Scorn isn't AFAIK.

But yeah. Hopefully we can close the book on this comparison now and get the thread moving again.

I think he's just referring to an exchange between John Ehrlichmann and Sean during AAA regarding recks on. Sean denied it being a Scorn homage but quite politely actually.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XAizLmKun4yF6oBVUhIrewYN-ZiY_9ORckmT-hF93Ho/edit#gid=0&range=D262

i think he also suggested in another thread that sean was downplaying being influenced by scorn in order to appear more original, lol