IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I'm guessing about 1/4 or so of this thread is all of us going 'hey, do you realize that _____ sounds like _____' 

for sure. Ill add to that. violvoic sounds like me on a saturday morning.

Hey, do you realize that the very beginning of the whole beast, the first minute of t1a1, sounds like someone turning the knob on his radio for finding a radio station? It's slowed down though. After a minute he finds the station and listens to Autechre at NTS. If you speed this minute up to about 10 seconds it sounds even more like this;) A perfect intro.

Edited by klek

Searching the station on the radio and finally finding it playing Autechre for me is the first twin peaksy moment in there, time and space and dimensions switching so to say.

Frane Casual's foreground has always reminded me of window blind cord knobs plinking and swaying with a little breeze, and blinds on pane more generally.

As if you start NTS4 gazing out the window at something interesting like a storm brewing. Then a mirage, like some legendary Pokémon sighting, a monolithic biblical column of cloud approaches and whisks you away into flying carpet ride, lift off into outer layers of atmosphere where time and space warps you into a prehistoric jellyfish, then blazing across the universe.

Edited by Roo

Hey, do you realize that the very beginning of the whole beast, the first minute of t1a1, sounds like someone turning the knob on his radio for finding a radio station? It's slowed down though. After a minute he finds the station and listens to Autechre at NTS. If you speed this minute up to about 10 seconds it sounds even more like this;) A perfect intro.

I always thought of B-52 engines crawling over the landscape and dropping a payload of psychotropic alien parasites from far overhead.  

Somehow on clustro casual they've managed to use a really thumping kind of knocking (upper bass?) kick, but it never really gets tiring to the ear. Maybe the variation in the velocity helps with that

Also, there's a little bursts of a sound at 7:21, 7:35 that are sick as fuck. Visually like fucking break freeze/ hand stand.

Sam and Bob are on the cover of a French music magazine this week! The headline states a "definitive interview", I will try to grab one and report to my fellow WATMMers! 7be4599de4f03b64dd56de91eee05202.jpg

here i'll translate

ae='ae' (short for AutechrE)

Autechre='Autechre' (short for audio technical research, of course, the name of an electronica or "intelligent dance music" group)

'the definitive interview & our ideal disco of electronica.'

you're all very welcome.

:emotawesomepm9:

here i'll translate

ae='ae' (short for AutechrE)

Autechre='Autechre' (short for audio technical research, of course, the name of an electronica or "intelligent dance music" group)

'the definitive interview & our ideal disco of electronica.'

you're all very welcome.

:emotawesomepm9:

I like thinking Autechre is more for Audio Architecture...

'the definitive interview' means they finally talk about how they love watmm 

SB: "If it weren't for the forward-thinkingness of our fans on WATMM, we would have just kept making Tri-Repetae over and over."

'the definitive interview' means they finally talk about how they love watmm 

SB: "If it weren't for the forward-thinkingness of our fans on WATMM, we would have just kept making Tri-Repetae over and over."

what do you mean ''fans''?! i believe you meant to say ''influencers''