IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

is there some kind of rule I don't know about where if you like autechre, you need to be arbitrarily convinced that exactly one of their albums sucks? (and you can't pick the same one as anyone else.) it would explain so many opinions around here tbh.

Not really although the most purist members of the Sam & Bob Church will always bring up how "cheesy" Incunabula and Amber sound. Just as it's written in the sacred texts.

is there some kind of rule I don't know about where if you like autechre, you need to be arbitrarily convinced that exactly one of their albums sucks? (and you can't pick the same one as anyone else.) it would explain so many opinions around here tbh.

Not really although the most purist members of the Sam & Bob Church will always bring up how "cheesy" Incunabula and Amber sound. Just as it's written in the sacred texts.

in athens, almost everyone that claims to like autechre, means incunabula or amber. the later stuff gives them headaches.

"normal" music is the king here, unfortunately. but that is a nice way to find new friends. if they mention confield, best friends foreva!!

I love Incunabula and Amber. And I'm considered one of the Autechre fanboys…

They are not cheesy, they are superb relics from the time they were constructed.  Compare them to other stuff from that era and they are godlike.

2 Unlimited "No Limit" came out in 1993.

Hey Aux uh... welcome to Club Posting Negative Things Too Often About Releases You Don't Like.

Get cozy. ;)

lol I'm one of the founding fathers my dude :) nice digs here tho right? Records on the walls with big X's over them, like we're fucking kings :P

I still think NTS 1 is the best overall

according to the search function in this thread, there are 8 pages worth of gonk mentions and not a single reference to four of seven.

four of seven = instant classic for me. 2018's arch carrier. <3<3<3

Yes. Hands-down track of the year for me.

I actually kind of expected them to go all near ambient and weird for the first hour or so of 4 then end with some like brainmelting nextlevel mindfreak shit, sinistrail sentinel would've fit right in.

I love all end tho so it's... .  .

all good. 

:emotawesomepm9:

iirc there were some watmmers saying basically the same about all end

so ya know

it's like there's just ignorance rampant when talking about music

certain people just happen to get paid to do it I guess

yeah, we're all pretty clueless about how ae make their music, that's for sure. (at least I sure am.)

but still...

it's not timestretched though? it's the exact same pitch/octave with no artifacts or anything... just a longer extrapolation of that section/patch

I think those algorithms/plugins are able to extend duration without changing pitch, by repeating tiny slivers of the waveform (like granular synthesis if I understand it right)

It'll be a while before I get to my second listening of All End, but I recall those reverbs containing a crazy amount of information in them.  It's like they were working on their most melodically complex track to date and then decided to just wash it all out with the biggest reverb they could find it needed to be more casual.