IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

:beer:

Well right now I'm loving the hell out of tt1pd.  Those wide 3D noise clouds stretching and compressing all over the stereo field, that steady pulsing bass groove + that finely chopped snappy percussion right in the centre... such a cool, unique combo.  The percussion reminds me of early Aphex drill 'n bass, but in a completely different context.  Then it kind of shifts to half time halfway through.  Fuck yeah.  This is one fierce, sexy track.  Oh man, then it gradually morphs into a fucked up shuffle groove.  This is one of their best tracks to date, fuck me.  21 minutes well spent.

Alright Acid Mwan Idle, let's have it.  Is that a cricket chipping loop??  Ha, another track that doesn't really remind me of any other before it.  Very hypnotic.  I like how the various loops fall in and out of sync with each other.  Could do with some more variation in this one personally.  The changes are extremely satisfying when they do occur.  Suggestions: keep those and edit it down to 7 minutes.

Yeah tt1pd is so cool. It seems like one of their simpler tracks but if you pay attention you notice so many little details (I guess that goes for all AE trax). I luv NTS

Yeah, there's a lot of great stuff.  I'm enjoying it a lot more on my second listen through.  Love the continually evolving harmonics on fLh.  It's holding my interest despite the repetition.  A lot of these tracks mix together a few very repetitive elements with some other element that's constantly in flux.  The fat bass synth in glos ceramic for instance... it's changing the whole time, while there's this rhythmic momentum that remains a constant alongside it.  That is until around halfway through where it branches off into something else entirely.  Very cool.

Then g 1 e 1... again, really interesting harmonic exploration.  That's another theme that keeps recurring in NTS.  The synth sounds are just really harmonically rich.  Harmonics take the place of melody, with lots of movement.  It's a pretty fresh composing style I haven't heard much before.  Same thing on nineFly.  The growling bass on this one is dope af.

That's another theme that keeps recurring in NTS.  The synth sounds are just really harmonically rich . . . with lots of movement.  It's a pretty fresh composing style I haven't heard much before. 

nailed it. imo this is a big part of what makes 2010s ae so

next level

compared to a lot of the hyped 'deconstructed club' artists

ya end of splesh is a such a tease. i always expect it to go on longer but tt1pd just barges in and slaps me in the face instead (not complaining tho, i'd let tt1 beat me up any day)

Pleb alert!

^ain't dat the truth

Just in the aftermath of taking some phenomenally stronk truffles with gf and we chucked on NTS01 during the peak. jfc. 

Thoroughly recommend bqbqbq while wearing n-dimensional fungi goggles. 10/10 would do again.

I'm 15 minutes into all end.  So much reverb information.  The ulta-low synth growl cellos and random compression artefacts are stars of this show.  Those combine with the reverb cacophony in ways that create many different implied chord changes.  The experience for me is comparable to zoning out on Basinski's Disintegration loops.  It's a good mind cleanser.  I fell asleep the first time I listened to this, so I'm curious to hear if something changes right at the end.  4 more minutes...  reverb trail ending, should have known.  Alright, back to Elseq with me.

• 2 months later...

the way the ping pong tune slowly but steadily transforms from menacing to magestic truely is one the most magnificent parts of this set and some of the best shit they ever done period. A+

l3 ctrl.

still insanely good.

listened to some NTS sesh while on acid and it turned my room into some kind of abstract moving

comic complete with the printing errors. and the sounds were like honey in the ears.

Nice thing is that if you play the whole of NTS Sessions it basically lasts for the duration of the trip.

clustro casual has aged so gracefully. this track is like some dank fermenting mass that sits in the recesses of a weird cave growing more and more delicious with every second it's in open air.

listened to some NTS sesh while on acid and it turned my room into some kind of abstract moving

comic complete with the printing errors. and the sounds were like honey in the ears.

Nice thing is that if you play the whole of NTS Sessions it basically lasts for the duration of the trip.
been thinking about this a lot lately...

e: like the last part is all ambient. good comedown material

Edited by mushroom