Sign in to follow this  
Stock

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

On 11/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, cern said:

Question: So! You all guys know you need instructions when you listen to AE sometimes. What should I go on with and listen to now? What tracks should I be put more attention to? 🤩

Listen to a session each week on the same day/time to re-live the A(e)pril 2018 experience!

Thanks alot! Still in seasaon 1 and enjoying it so much! 🙂 I hope Season 2 also will deliver. 🙂

1 hour ago, cern said:

Thanks alot! Still in seasaon 1 and enjoying it so much! 🙂 I hope Season 2 also will deliver. 🙂

You're in for a treat :beer:!!!

1 hour ago, cern said:

first track — elyc9 7hres absolutely fucking delivers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cern said:

I hope Season 2 also will deliver.

hands-down the most solid one overall. enjoy.

Wow NTS Season 2 was really mind-blowing!!!

For me it has better flow than Season 1 thru the whole album and that opening track is really something extra together with e0 9chr0.
Love NTS so far and the fact that most of the tracks are really long just makes it more like a bigger journey. It would be nice to see more artists do like this. 

I see every album is just under 2 hours long.. Im gonna make my own "Best of NTS" list with my favourite tracks and make it under 2 hours. 

NTS 3 and 4 left now. :ok:

• Like 2

tt1pd awaits…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oscillik said:

tt1pd awaits…

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, cern said:

I see every album is just under 2 hours long.. Im gonna make my own "Best of NTS" list with my favourite tracks and make it under 2 hours. 

good luck with that, soon youll realize that the whole 8 hrs are absolute quality, and its already divided into (long) album size monoliths which are best digested as such

U were a fag still #1 :sorcerer: traumatic track

• Burger 1

Yes Season 3 really delivers! 

I still think season 2 is a better album overall but YES! Track 3 "tt1pd" from Season 3 must be one of the best single Autechre track! 
It is like a dark dnb track in Ae-style.. Razzor blade sharp, fat, bassy, heavy, lazors, small rooms to big hall. What a fantasic sound journey!
The only small bad thing about it is that just ends and the following track was not my cup of tea. 

Season 4 here we go! :music:

acid mwan idle sounds really cool imo. it's...spacious? like a big alien space

Finished with Season 4 now like landing a trip and last track was so good and smooth!

So I made a playlist for my favourites from the NTS seassons in order and with the rule: Under 2 hours. 

This is how it goes:

1. bqbqbq 
2. I3 ctrl
3. elyc9 7hres
4. tt1pd
5. 9 chrO
6. fLh
7. four of seven
8. e0

Under 2 hours and ofc I wanted more like "gonk steady one" and "all end" but then it will never end. 

:music:

bqbqbq in pole position is a smart move !

but to me your list lacks a delicious long kraken like shimripl casual :spiteful:

22 hours ago, zaizai said:

bqbqbq in pole position is a smart move !

but to me your list lacks a delicious long kraken like shimripl casual :spiteful:

I had that in mind also but even if took in the shortest track from S4 I will go over 2 hours and I dont wanted to lose something else.. e0 is the chill ending for me.

BUT wow again! tt1pd just have it all for me and "all end" would make it as a best of album also. 

all end = vletrmx v14.0

• Like 1

I don't want to start a new thread, so thought I'd just interrupt one I've already been involved with.  Has anyone else noticed Morton Subotnik's Wild Bull composition is chock-full of Ae track synth motif prototypes?  My mind's been triggered to a half dozen classic Ae moments while listening.

Also... Clustro Casual amirite.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I don't want to start a new thread, so thought I'd just interrupt one I've already been involved with.  Has anyone else noticed Morton Subotnik's Wild Bull composition is chock-full of Ae track synth motif prototypes?  My mind's been triggered to a half dozen classic Ae moments while listening.

Also... Clustro Casual amirite.

yeah.. silver apples of the moon/the wild bull has all kinds of squiggly fm pitchy swoops etc that would fit right in w/EP7.