IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

On 3/25/2020 at 1:12 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

The clipping resonant synths at the towards the end of g 1 e 1.

?

So much tasty resonance on that whole piece.  Reminds me of really old electronic compositions from days of yore (long before me or ae existed)

For me, this is the most poignant thing they have ever done. It often breaks me down in tears.

The sound design is incredible too - it sounds like the kind of buffer manipulation they've been doing since the Tewe days or earlier, but it's so delicate and timeless - it breathes, glows, haunts.

• Like 1

Listened to all end in the dark last night. Went into it after a casual listen think it was just the ending of bladelores stretched out. It some ways thats how it breaks down but surprised to discover how many layers come in and out of that song. Also, really cool use of volume changes as well as a sort of sidechain rhythmic effect. IDK, the song is so dense its hard to tell what's real and what's imagined. 

Edited by Danny O Flannagin
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Danny O Flannagin said:

Listened to all end in the dark last night. Went into it after a casual listen think it was just the ending of bladelores stretched out. It some ways thats how it breaks down but surprised to discover how many layers come in and out of that song. Also, really cool use of volume changes as well as a sort of sidechain rhythmic effect. IDK, the song is so dense its hard to tell what's real and what's imagined. 

Yeah man there's a lot more depth to all end then a lot of people give it credit for. Fine it's really long but why is that a problem? You don't always want to listen to a long ambient piece sure, but sometimes there's an occasion when you want to get lost in a vast bit of music. It's the perfect after party, late night come down session track as well. Right before it starts to get light, if you've had a spliff and a bit of k this track can really take you places. You don't need drugs to enjoy it obviously, but it's a really euphoric and trippy track if you're in that headspace.

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, very honest said:

bbq emerges as winner of nts sessions?

this track is so good.. imo these type of tracks (elyc6 being similar) are some of the most original music to come out of their more recent output.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, Blir said:

Yeah man there's a lot more depth to all end then a lot of people give it credit for. Fine it's really long but why is that a problem? You don't always want to listen to a long ambient piece sure, but sometimes there's an occasion when you want to get lost in a vast bit of music. It's the perfect after party, late night come down session track as well. Right before it starts to get light, if you've had a spliff and a bit of k this track can really take you places. You don't need drugs to enjoy it obviously, but it's a really euphoric and trippy track if you're in that headspace.

It gives me an odd but pleasing sensation of simultaneously moving fast and slow, but kind of fucks me up if I fall asleep to it ^^

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, Blir said:

I don't know if this makes sense for anybody else than me, but "all end" was the Ae-tack I was waiting for since I first heard "Drane2"... I couldn't explain the mental connection between the two, but so it is.

every time I listen to all end I seem to intercept a motif hidden among the texture of notes: if initially it was a long drone with slow and just hinted transitions, now it appears to me as a primordial soup of sound particles which, like a rorsschach test, they can be combined in different relationships. It remains to understand how much is the fruit of my imagination and what is real

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

every time I listen to all end I seem to intercept a motif hidden among the texture of notes: if initially it was a long drone with slow and just hinted transitions, now it appears to me as a primordial soup of sound particles which, like a rorsschach test, they can be combined in different relationships. It remains to understand how much is the fruit of my imagination and what is real

image.jpeg.439e34e2704bd852ea02675b953a85e2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

I'm with Berkeley. If perceived, it's real. Esse est percipe.

So is the slowly ascending scale melody line in the third "movement" just before the big fortissimo cluster. Favourite moment.

• Like 1

cool that people dig all end so much and the discussion always welcome.. but imo its just a nicely layered drone track.  the 1hr thing will def mess with your perception and its a fitting way to cap an 8hr project, but its not the next great symphony or creation of a genre that people almost describe it as

Edited by markedone
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

t1a1 is one of most enjoyable listens in their whole discography. it has an ASMR effect on me. squishing and bending in all the right places. massaging my brain.

• Like 4

On 7/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, Chabraendeky said:

Revisiting NTS (especially Gonk Steady One) after Warp Tapes I almost wonder, how much of the old electro-DNA is still recognizably present...

sorry for the necro quote, but t1a1 @ about 2:55 sounds more than a bit like that old sample chestnut (compare Accelera @ 45s).  Makes me lol everytime. 

Edited by baph
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello WATMM, I need your help !!

I just listened to Icari, and I know that I heard the final section of that track in another recent Autechre track but I don't know whether it was in the Onesix sets, somewhere else in the NTS Sessions or if I'm just mistaken ! If anybody has an answer I'd be glad to hear it ! :beer:

32 minutes ago, Stock said:

I just listened to Icari, and I know that I heard the final section of that track in another recent Autechre track but I don't know whether it was in the Onesix sets, somewhere else in the NTS Sessions or if I'm just mistaken ! If anybody has an answer I'd be glad to hear it !

north spiral?

3 hours ago, Vistarsia said:

north spiral?

nope it's not that one ! Sounds more like a take on 32a_reflected but I'm pretty sure I heard it in the live as well ! Well that's a good excuse to give another listen to the Onesix sets (if I needed any !)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

well i noticed reflected has tones that start with a tail and end with an attack, so i reversed it. i was thinking the name reflected seems to reference it being reversed. what i found is that it's the same backwards, lol. has this been discovered yet?

the top one is reversed. it switches channels.

image.thumb.png.e0208be820eb9a790f15089c32ad0a2e.png

appears... reflected

edit: maybe a little different backwards? lol. hidden alternate version

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1