IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

track at 1hr mark is basically pendulu hv moda

my hypothesis is in they'll sort of chronologically present us reworked AE_LIVE/elseq stuff and probably give us complete new stuff in the later NTS sessions

or the whole NTS is basically version/rework dump, as someone else said

where'd that wav come from, spi? donnervan? 

I A/B'ed the session 01 mp3 with that wav and there's a definite difference

what wav you talkin bout?

This wav from reddit, once volume matched, sound identical to the 128

Same for my analog looback 24 44 capture. all sound the same to me

thanks. there's a mega link and i was told it came from a watmmer

maybe my playback software is why the session 01 mp3 sounds not as good to me :/

is there a program that will chart a diff of PCM or something? 

if source is 128 kbps nothing can make it better

what about my $8000 gold plated cables

Complete game changer. Same goes for ears, the older, the better gold plated cables work.

It is known. (1).

where'd that wav come from, spi? donnervan? 

I A/B'ed the session 01 mp3 with that wav and there's a definite difference

what wav you talkin bout?

This wav from reddit, once volume matched, sound identical to the 128

Same for my analog looback 24 44 capture. all sound the same to me

thanks. there's a mega link and i was told it came from a watmmer

maybe my playback software is why the session 01 mp3 sounds not as good to me :/

is there a program that will chart a diff of PCM or something?

Yesterday I saw a wav somewhere folks were calling “jasondonnervan’s recording” I didn’t get it, of course can’t find it now. So not sure the wav I linked to above is the same...

anyhow, all three versions I’ve volume matched and compared have been identical sounding to me. I was convinced the 128 was sounding shrill and lacking in bass compared to the live stream in my memory yesterday, but upon closed inspection that’s not the case.

I’m sure there’s something out there to compare spectrum plots etc but I’d just volume match and use my ears. Look at em in isotope or study spectrum analyzers if u want but simply volume matching and listening will get you where you want to be.

track at 1hr mark is basically pendulu hv moda

my hypothesis is in they'll sort of chronologically present us reworked AE_LIVE/elseq stuff and probably give us complete new stuff in the later NTS sessions

or the whole NTS is basically version/rework dump, as someone else said

Yes the elseq now>>>new stuff later was a thought I’d had as well

That much of yesterday’s show seems to be reworks is interesting and a bit unexpected

Edited by monoppus

If someone could upscale the 96kbps stream recording to 24bit WAV, preferably around 1TB in size, I'd be very grateful thx

Yes please someone. my system isn’t resolving the transients

spiral if you get that can you burn it onto a Super Audio CD for me? Thanks.

mono are you a mac? I'm on Windows and the transients are so fucking resolved, I've heard there's a big difference between the systems. You mac guys get tons of nulls but lack transients, opposite here. Linux bois are of course too busy trying to port over programs to listen to music so none of them have ever reported their system's strengths accordingly.

I happen to have trained a DNN to restore lossy files to what theyre supposed to be if they would be lossless. It even predicts the impact of room temperature on soundquality.

I've got a goat that listens to Autechre exclusively, I feed him only liquid bubble solution and waffles so he toots out bubbles of earthy sweet goodness. He fills in the gaps in 128k mp3 quality Autechre audio to 320kbps quality (via his toots and his bleats and other ululations), but can't get to higher quality yet. In a few more years he should be there.

I used the software Audacity to export a double audiophile file (48 bits WAV no less). Took me 10 hours of rendering, but I had to delete the whole thing because I wasn't pleased with the look of the waveform.

Dedication like this only possible on AE_WATMM

does this remind anyone else of the beatles

Early Beatles, definitely, when they still had the real Paul.

Only lossless files from Mr. Booths and Mr. Browns would be an improvement...

This.

if anyone interested, i did a quick editing in audacity, in mp3, total 9 tracks

https://we.tl/CoAlqdm1YZ

my lazy ass thanks you, can't wait to play it again
Happy to help my ae virtual friends in those good times !! :)

I’m not a pro and i did it on the go so don’t kill me if its not well cut

Thanks a thousand dude!

mono are you a mac? I'm on Windows and the transients are so fucking resolved, I've heard there's a big difference between the systems. You mac guys get tons of nulls but lack transients, opposite here. Linux bois are of course too busy trying to port over programs to listen to music so none of them have ever reported their system's strengths accordingly.

I am on a Mac auxien, thank you for asking! yes my nulls here are good but resolving peaks as you observe and transients as you say is indeed a downside of mac use. in the end one must pick and choose cant have all. I have performed some basic tests, (wire/hanger/weight/clamp) on the integration of Windows and Linux into my audio system with intriguing results , but at the end of the day when the dust settles and the day ended they just aren't a good fit for my LifeStyle.

is this a cutup&recode of the 128 kbps file? or were you using a different source (320 kbps)? mp3 could be cut without having to recode, right?

why does everyone circlejerk and not answer this friendo

recoding is evil, spread the word (or autechre will die in your sleep tonight)

As with elseq and AE_LIVE, I really think this has to be heard with the volume up. Yesterday listening to it live, I caught the first 15 minutes of the stream in my car with it blasting, was perfect with the whole car vibrating on those bass hits, then finished the rest of the two hours on my portable Senn's.... Listening now on my studio monitors and the louder I go, the better it sounds.

Blast this motherfucker you sons of bitches, I promise, it's worth it.

Edited by auxien

is this a cutup&recode of the 128 kbps file? or were you using a different source (320 kbps)? mp3 could be cut without having to recode, right?

why does everyone circlejerk and not answer this friendo

recoding is evil, spread the word (or autechre will die in your sleep tonight)

34Y4w6G.jpgit has to be a re encode right?

Actually, if you disable joint stereo and the lowpass filter, upsample all the nulls to 192kHz, re-dither (to smooth the waveform), encode using LAME from the command line (linux builds only), and change the file extension to .mp4, you should hear an improvement in sound quality (provided CRC hashes match).

before going into any of this, the first proper thing to do is grab the 128kbps stream file from the nts server. It’s a bit tricky, the server does some session identifier cookie validation thing or whatever, can probably be intercepted tho..? haven’t had time to look too hard at it yet...