IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Okay, so yeah. Listened to this again and ...fuck. A few of the tracks aren't amazing but most all are at least pretty fucking great and some of them are really just, fucking top notch shit. And some are amazing. All the best stuff from elseq and AE_LIVE and Exai styles but taken even farther (maybe not farther than AE_LIVE, but sitting beside it, at least). Most importantly to me the tracks are presenting some real evolution and depth within them that I personally didn't get from much of elseq (and didn't much get nor expect from something like AE_LIVE). This mass of tunes is fucking dripping with attitude and confidence, and that's where they really excel imo. All their best stuff reeks of it, and this is definitely them in that area.

If they're hitting us with more tunes like this every week this month? fucking hell. Didn't they say in AAA or in the Resident Advisor elseq interview that they were basically to the point that they could just throw out an album in no time? Is that essentially what they're doing now anyway? I mean, yeah some of the sounds and ideas are being reassessed from previous work, but that doesn't degrade the value of it in this particular context. April 2018, Autechre creates new music live for two hours every week. What is this fucking world even.

We're living in crazy times people. I sound like a fucking douche, I'm only kinda sorry. But I'm really perplexed and interested in where this is all going. All other bullshit aside, they're at the top of their game and making some fucking nice tunes, that's all it comes down to.

yea, Ive mentioned this a couple times. I am convinced that is what this is. although whatever is coming in 36 days, if it isnt hi quality of this, then who the hell knows. maybe its like quaristice in reverse. 8 hours of material and then an album of edits? I doubt theyd do that but I dont know anything with them anymore. just that we are drowning in music. im ok with that.

Just switched to different speakers...first track so much better and more interesting--mostly using standard iPhone headphones previously. Still reminds me of a more cohesive version of the opening track of the unreleased live shows, in a good way). Might be the gin talking...

Edited by Nenlow66

Okay, so yeah. Listened to this again and ...fuck. A few of the tracks aren't amazing but most all are at least pretty fucking great and some of them are really just, fucking top notch shit. And some are amazing. All the best stuff from elseq and AE_LIVE and Exai styles but taken even farther (maybe not farther than AE_LIVE, but sitting beside it, at least). Most importantly to me the tracks are presenting some real evolution and depth within them that I personally didn't get from much of elseq (and didn't much get nor expect from something like AE_LIVE). This mass of tunes is fucking dripping with attitude and confidence, and that's where they really excel imo. All their best stuff reeks of it, and this is definitely them in that area.

If they're hitting us with more tunes like this every week this month? fucking hell. Didn't they say in AAA or in the Resident Advisor elseq interview that they were basically to the point that they could just throw out an album in no time? Is that essentially what they're doing now anyway? I mean, yeah some of the sounds and ideas are being reassessed from previous work, but that doesn't degrade the value of it in this particular context. April 2018, Autechre creates new music live for two hours every week. What is this fucking world even.

We're living in crazy times people. I sound like a fucking douche, I'm only kinda sorry. But I'm really perplexed and interested in where this is all going. All other bullshit aside, they're at the top of their game and making some fucking nice tunes, that's all it comes down to.

yea, Ive mentioned this a couple times. I am convinced that is what this is. although whatever is coming in 36 days, if it isnt hi quality of this, then who the hell knows. maybe its like quaristice in reverse. 8 hours of material and then an album of edits? I doubt theyd do that but I dont know anything with them anymore. just that we are drowning in music. im ok with that.

that twitter had #36days tagged in a whole lotta tweets

https://twitter.com/rsantinworks

An immense 2 hour journey. Last 'track' sounds, to me, like a version of Coils 'Queens of the Circulating Library' put through the Ae blender. I'm checking the Ae bleepstore constantly, take my money! Sean pls.

i gotta say, dropping two hours (possibly 8?) of incredible, mind blowing, completely new music with practically no pre-hype is like the most autechre shit. these brothers know they are light years ahead of everything and they are just like “residency,” black and white minimal art, boom now we’re crying tears of joy, defeat and inspiration. i look around this earth and nothing else matters. cumming but spiritually.

does no one hear the parallel of that massive AE_LIVE bass part and the section around 1hr 5min???

That small ambient piece between 1:50:38 and 1:53:00

No words.

Only ae can do that

Thanks

Bravo

Encore

Easier to put the finger on the one part i was least excited about and that'd be 1:02:30~1:17:00... don't get me wrong, it's wild and pretty awesome, but honestly sounds quite familiar... and somehow i just feel like one (defining) element is missing. dunno.

everything leading up to that from 30 minutes on is top notch tho. like top top notch...

and still so much more to cum... T_T

It's a variation of that track from Live, right? I believe it was unofficially known as the "fart gallop"... 23:30 at Grafenheinekin

"massive bass part" could applied to quite alot of that set tho lol.

today i thought that 30min might be derived from the broken grandfather clocks.

and that i love the telephone tune.

and everything.

<3

does no one hear the parallel of that massive AE_LIVE bass part and the section around 1hr 5min???

in this case, however, it turns into something melancholic and alienated, with that aphasic melody  (1:12:35): one of the peaks of the set for shure

That small ambient piece between 1:50:38 and 1:53:00

No words.

Only ae can do that

Thanks

Bravo

Encore

yeah man... that trademark alien melancholia / weird peacefulness... they don't really pull that all that much anymore. great bit.

________

yeah so... what is this? most definitely jammed live for the most part (at least less "arranged" than most of elseq, you loonies!) , probably especially for / during the broadcast. my best guess still is we'll be getting some iterations of these combined with a more edited thingy. or not.

easier to put the finger on the one part i was least excited about and that'd be 1:02:30~1:17:00... don't get me wrong, it's wild and pretty awesome, but honestly sounds quite familiar... and somehow i just feel like one (defining) element is missing. dunno.

everything leading up to that from 30 minutes on is top notch tho. like top top notch...

and still so much more to cum... T_T

yeah the quiet familiar feeling sticks with me too

i love all what i'm hearing

but i'm not destabilized 

my guts know its ae its obvious

i remember first time i heard see on see or the untilted leak, i was like, wat ? this cant be ae

am i a too spoiled fanboi ??

Edited by autechrist

Haven't read the thread...

The really long track that starts at 1:17:30 is by far my favourite. It's straight power all the way through, but is simultaneously silly, somehow? Reminds me a lot of Untilted, in a very good way.

Also, has anyone mentioned that the track starting at 18:45 sounds like a Vose In remix? I haven't compared it side by side with Vose In yet, so I'm not 100% on whether the chords are exactly the same, but they sure sound that way.

Haven't read the thread...

The really long track that starts at 1:17:30 is by far my favourite. It's straight power all the way through, but is simultaneously silly, somehow? Reminds me a lot of Untilted, in a very good way.

Also, has anyone mentioned that the track starting at 18:45 sounds like a Vose In remix? I haven't compared it side by side with Vose In yet, so I'm not 100% on whether the chords are exactly the same, but they sure sound that way.

yeah dat track sounds like elyc6 0nset meets LP5, my fav so far

Yeah..thought it was a reworking of it. Defo got the same DNA