IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

fknnnnnn that bit in l3 ctrl where the chords all come out lush and major is fresh like a crisp autumn sunrise

I cannot stop listening to it. It's so fucking good. The just intonation or power chords or whatever is going on is beyond lush. Can't wait to hear it mastered and blast it at max volume in the car (can only get to ~80% w/ one of the rips lol)

LOL

Is that 4000 with or without the live sets at the bleepstore (no bootlegs)? With those livesets you're going to end op close to 33%

waaaat

that's counting the livesets yes

In case you're wondering there's 9 hours of remixes and 3 hours of loosies

so is each hq download available after each show?

I don't know if it's immediately, but yeah. 

Includes all 4 NTS Sessions. Sessions downloads will delivered on following their broadcast.

Also just realized the release is actually called NTS Sessions 1-4, not NTS Residency 1-4. 

ah cool. Not sure how I missed that! thanks!

that vinyl is tempting, I'm just not sure it would be the same so broken up. Probably going for the wavs myself. But damn that vinyl is tempting...

Edited by jules

four of seven and 32a_reflected are the best ae tracks since 1 1 is, imo tbh

"don't talk to me or my son ever again"

ReleaseProduct-98703-42848.jpg

Edited by modey

HELL Y E A H

So starting with Exai, every "studio release" has doubled in length.

I bought the vinyl box, mostly out of fear that it would sell out quickly and then be jacked up price wise like Quaristice Versions. We'll see.

Showerthought : I realized that this behemoth might very well be their last physical release. They're clearly very happy with the way they produce and release music right now, and it feels like they decided to gift their fans an opportunity to own everything on a physical support - which we couldn't get with elseq. The release isn't an album and has no name.

I'd love to hear an Autechre 60mn LP but I guess they are waaaaaaay ahead of their game and already understood what steps were to come after the age of albums and 80-minutes-max standards.

if the vinyl master is substantially different (a la Syro) I consider it but rn I don’t feel terrible about buying lossless. Also I’m poor and may be trying to convince myself of this

gonk steady one is quickly becoming my fav.

Incredible track from start to finish. 

gonk steady one is like the epic sequel of Ipacial Section and irlite (get 0). 

Powerful, frantic, nonstop rhythm paired with heaps of whimsey. 

O shit, just now found out about all four sets being available on Bleep. Too bad I'm broke as fuck right now.

Guess they figured after the first one leaked they were like, "Fuck it, same thing will happen to the other three. Might as well release everything now."

Maybe we should pace ourselves and only listen to part 1 for the next 6 months, then part 2 etc.

lol yeah right

haha yeah IN THEORY I'd like to leave at least one NTS for the CD/Vinyl arrival around August.

I think this release pattern should work better than elseq. Dropping all five of those in one go was like thumbing through an index that had just thumped on to your desk. One release per week more confidently gives the individual sessions their moment to shine around the water cooler.

Edited by Roo

O shit, just now found out about all four sets being available on Bleep. Too bad I'm broke as fuck right now.

Guess they figured after the first one leaked they were like, "Fuck it, same thing will happen to the other three. Might as well release everything now."

Nah, they knew it would be easy to rip off the stream and it would leak. I guess they waited for the first NTS show to happen before the release so everyone is hyped and pre-orders all four. It's marketing that makes most sense