IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Nice that they followed Richard's lead in that if you buy physical you get WAVs free. The 8 CD box set with the 24-bit WAV is only $15 more than the 24-bit WAV elseq 1-6 is. 

these_funny_animals_626_640_01.jpg

I'm assuming they are naming the songs on the spot after they create them. Hey sean and rob, I'll take a page from the aaa thread and help you out. You have a new song called jules. Hope that helps.

Edited by jules

ah cool. Not sure how I missed that! thanks!

that vinyl is tempting, I'm just not sure it would be the same so broken up. Probably going for the wavs myself. But damn that vinyl is tempting...

jules, i say go for the vinyl. i’ve seen you post about how you wish you had certain ae on teh wax (untilted and/or draft?)...don’t add this beast to that wishlist.

four of seven and 32a_reflected are the best ae tracks since 1 1 is, imo tbh

i think the pairing of those two tracks is pretty powerful, especially the long transition between them. top shit

O shit, just now found out about all four sets being available on Bleep. Too bad I'm broke as fuck right now.

Guess they figured after the first one leaked they were like, "Fuck it, same thing will happen to the other three. Might as well release everything now."

Nah, they knew it would be easy to rip off the stream and it would leak. I guess they waited for the first NTS show to happen before the release so everyone is hyped and pre-orders all four. It's marketing that makes most sense

Oh, right. Pre-order. Forgot that bit.

But still...hyped

the transitions/transformations on this shit are so incredible to me. the way l3 morphs about 9-10 minutes in and gradually grows into something else is truly magical.

Good call. Also, their ending of the regular rhythms at 16:00 in a kind of "machine suddenly got broken" way (lots of examples for this, e.g. before the ending part of tac lacora). Good Ae tradition, and followed also by those fat tremolo reverb tails, it's just awesome and for sure pretty much hand crafted, cannot be the result of a jamming session.

"machine suddenly got broken" 

lol I was thinking about this today, like they accidentally took a parameter to some extreme that caused the patch to crash or break in some way, and the "oops" turned into "ah, whatever, leave it, the fans will love it"

the transitions/transformations on this shit are so incredible to me. the way l3 morphs about 9-10 minutes in and gradually grows into something else is truly magical.

Good call. Also, their ending of the regular rhythms at 16:00 in a kind of "machine suddenly got broken" way (lots of examples for this, e.g. before the ending part of tac lacora). Good Ae tradition, and followed also by those fat tremolo reverb tails, it's just awesome and for sure pretty much hand crafted, cannot be the result of a jamming session.

yeah the ending from 16 on is really beautifully crafted.

"machine suddenly got broken"

lol I was thinking about this today, like they accidentally took a parameter to some extreme that caused the patch to crash or break in some way, and the "oops" turned into "ah, whatever, leave it, the fans will love it"
lol. I was thinking something similar. Like just end it by mashing the dial of the radio up and down the stations. Then I couldn't not picture that sean simpsons gif. Then I imagined them laughing their ass off. But it sounds cool as shit anyway.

just did the nightshift and listening to the mp3's for the first time with a spllffy and a cold beer in my hand

man, i'm so happyyy!! wanks a ton autechre, you friggin maniacs

can't wait till thursday, this is aewsome!!!!!

So far the only track that I find a bit challenging and that I'm confused about is bqbqbq.

I hear it as a pretty straight triplet groove. To me it sounds like a weirdly filtered EP7 outtake.

Sounds to me like bnc castl (Outh9x mix)

My favorites are the last four tracks, particularly "north spiral" through "four of seven." The only track I don't like so far is "bqbqbq." It sounds oddly like touchtone phone notes and is kinda irritating. I haven't not liked an AE track in a long time, but otherwise I'm pleased.

"l3 ctrl" is pure sex. That ending, especially after 15:55, is multiple orgasms.

https://autechre.bleepstores.com/release/98673-autechre-nts-session-1

total epidermal orgasm

If it's the one that was 41 minutes in the 2-hour pre-release "uncut" file, then yes.

yeah that was the part i was referring to here:

the way the ping pong tune slowly but steadily transforms from menacing to magestic truely is one the most magnificent parts of this set and some of the best shit they ever done period. A+

surely an early highlight. it's so evenly laid out it makes this track seem the most "composed" of the bunch imo.

Maybe we should pace ourselves and only listen to part 1 for the next 6 months, then part 2 etc.

lol yeah right

haha yeah IN THEORY I'd like to leave at least one NTS for the CD/Vinyl arrival around August.

I think this release pattern should work better than elseq. Dropping all five of those in one go was like thumbing through an index that had just thumped on to your desk. One release per week more confidently gives the individual sessions their moment to shine around the water cooler.

Lol @ water cooler talk.

"Hey so did you hear the new Autechre release?"

"The what?"

"Autechre just released a new 2 hour album"

"Oh that weird shit you listen to?"

"Yeah it's incredible, there's another 6 hours coming in the next few weeks"

"Well yeah I mean it's just random noise, I can see how they could just shit that out"

"Ugh..."

The only track I don't like so far is "bqbqbq." It sounds oddly like touchtone phone notes and is kinda irritating. 

I like the track but I can't help imagining them making some long long long distance call.

"Fuck, this is a long number!"

beep boop beep boop beep beep beep boop boop boop beep boop beep boop .. beep boop boop .. beep beep boop beep boop .. beep boop beep boop .. beep beep boop beep beep beep boop boop .. beep boop beep boop beep boop .. beep beep .. beep boop boop .. beep beep boop beep boop .. beep boop beep boop ..

Edited by mokz