IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

TBH as much as I enjoy this stuff I'd rather the extended stuff stayed as digital only ala Elseq. Especially as some is reworks of existing stuff. I did drop £160 on this because I'm a cunt though. A dumb idiot fuelling ae's out of control coke habit.

"machine suddenly got broken" 

lol I was thinking about this today, like they accidentally took a parameter to some extreme that caused the patch to crash or break in some way, and the "oops" turned into "ah, whatever, leave it, the fans will love it"

lol this happens to me sometimes in ableton ,I call it the Autechre bug or glitch because my girlfriend asks me everytime if i listen to ae.

last crash soundfile : https://vocaroo.com/i/s1qWQ4fEqX5L

errr.....you get the 24bit wavs with the physical purchase.

Please don't tell me you bought them on top :psyduck:

:blink: …dude i was so esscited i didnt even read the malafaka haha i should have known… wow. oh well. i'm not even mad.

bleep just gave me a refund for the double purchase so it's all good :biggrin:

yaaaaawn ffs man, it's just the same MaxMSP noodling as elseq and the live shows ... can I get some actually new Ae please

To me it sounds very different from elseq and ae_live somehow. I know that there are some paths that must be the same, some of the sounds sound familiar, but all in all the overall feel of nts session 1 is different than from elseq and ae_live

TBH as much as I enjoy this stuff I'd rather the extended stuff stayed as digital only ala Elseq. Especially as some is reworks of existing stuff. I did drop £160 on this because I'm a cunt though. A dumb idiot fuelling ae's out of control coke habit.

feel ya (tho i instabought the vinyls, too, well knowing that i'll probably never listen to them). but yeah ppl kept pestering them after elseq and well, it's not like we HAVE to get the physical, so it's all cool / non-cash-grabby in my book. in fact they're pretty much giving it out for free for casuals knowing ppl will bootleg the shit out of the radio shows anyway.

also think of rob's children, college doesn't pay itself.

Edited by jaderpansen

O shit, just now found out about all four sets being available on Bleep. Too bad I'm broke as fuck right now.

Guess they figured after the first one leaked they were like, "Fuck it, same thing will happen to the other three. Might as well release everything now."

Where are you seeing all four sets available on Bleep? Only place I've seen them is the AE store, and it's only the first set that is up right now, with the whole thing up for pre-order.

O shit, just now found out about all four sets being available on Bleep. Too bad I'm broke as fuck right now.

Guess they figured after the first one leaked they were like, "Fuck it, same thing will happen to the other three. Might as well release everything now."

Where are you seeing all four sets available on Bleep? Only place I've seen them is the AE store, and it's only the first set that is up right now, with the whole thing up for pre-order.

i think thats what he meant. they're not on bleep. only autechre blerpstore. ergo: four sets only available as pre-order. until thursday, only 1st session available. etc and enjoy

bqbqbq is the same when you turn it upside down isn't it (im slow)

its also the track I can't get into

Time to get out the .wav!

(yeah it's my least enjoyed on here as well)

Interestingly they went for a physical release. They put effort into thinking how it all would fit on 12" and CDs. That effort alone makes me consider this as a proper (mega) album. I wonder about their thoughts on Elseq being a digital only release and NTS Sessions a physical release. ( I'm sure some NTS tracks are edited such that they would fit the format. They could have done the same with Elseq??)

I’m thinking they did a physical release for this because they saw so many people claiming elseq wasn’t a proper release, so it’s just like “ok fuckers here 12 LPs, have fun with that”

Zactly.

I hope one of the set will be a 2 hours autechrish ambient session.

I do and I don't.

Could be great (Perlence Subrange 6-36 + Quaristice ambient bits) or could be terrible (AE & Hafler Trio shit)

Here are some gonks btw

33930885874_4dafd9f0ee_b.jpg

lol that last one looks to be the most steady to me

Ivan is right. That is one steady gonk.

yaaaaawn ffs man, it's just the same MaxMSP noodling as elseq and the live shows ... can I get some actually new Ae please

Exai and Oversteps was much/mostly Max/MSP stuff if not before too, definitely seeds of what you're hearing now was very much present then.... Damn, you haven't been too keen on AE in like, a decade, eh?  :emotawesomepm9:

To me it sounds very different from elseq and ae_live somehow. I know that there are some paths that must be the same, some of the sounds sound familiar, but all in all the overall feel of nts session 1 is different than from elseq and ae_live

Definitely a more evolved version of the elseq stuff. Obviously tied in with AE_LIVE/Exai too, but to me this (so far, of course) is like elseq, but good.

Edited by auxien

It definitely feels like less of a dramatic change than usual for Ae in terms of the types of tones and timbres, but on the other hand the arrangement and the energy is totally different.

This first session contains some of the least abstract and least off-kilter beats that they've made.

The focus on this one seems to be very heavily on consistent 4/4 rhythms compared to elseq and a lot less crazy chaotic noise.

It's almost like techno or electro even, where the energy of elseq was literally all over the map.

I'm curious if this will be a consistent theme or if each session will have a completely different feel.

Edited by thehauntingsoul

It'll probably be a new jam with stuff they didn't use in the previous session. I'm hyped.

Always a bit wary to make judgements on ae after a few listens but for me as well this is a definite step up from elseq. Some of the tracks here are them at the absolute top of their game.

Just on another play through and l3 ctrl totally owned me. Those key changes in the middle gave me real autechre feels in a way I haven't had since exai. Not to say elseq is in any way bad but there's some tracks here that just have that extra something I can't quite put my finger on.

Agreed, this format of dropping large chunks of impromptu material doesn't seem to bring out the best in them, almost sounds like they're running on autopilot these days. It's alright, but doesn't intrigue the listener in on a journey of discovery in the same way a lot of their other stuff does. Quantity over quality/length over depth? Still, as always it'll be interesting to see what happens next

I kind of agree. Elseq, live, and now this just don't excite me as much. There are some good moments here and there but I'm finding most of it pretty boring.

I really enjoy large portions of elseq (4 and 5 are my favorites). But after a couple of listens to this, it reminds me a bit of Quaristice ... not the track lengths obviously, but like ... it feels a bit too much like a "jam" and not a "track," a distinction they've made in some interviews. The jams tend to be less detailed and don't hold up to repeat listens as much. I dunno.

Elseq is very detail rich, so even if it was a jam, there's plenty to go back to there. This feels a bit basic to me, like I can basically figure out what the tracks are "doing" and then they mostly stay in that zone with one or two shifts sometimes.

I really enjoy large portions of elseq (4 and 5 are my favorites). But after a couple of listens to this, it reminds me a bit of Quaristice ... not the track lengths obviously, but like ... it feels a bit too much like a "jam" and not a "track," a distinction they've made in some interviews. The jams tend to be less detailed and don't hold up to repeat listens as much. I dunno.

Elseq is very detail rich, so even if it was a jam, there's plenty to go back to there. This feels a bit basic to me, like I can basically figure out what the tracks are "doing" and then they mostly stay in that zone with one or two shifts sometimes.

I agree that it sounds more simplex than elseq. But honestly I have listened to this many times by now and don't think it lacks depth

I am liking the less reverby, 'drier' sound of this musics more than some of their recent material (as great as that was), and find many of the tones to be a very cool development of sounds from the last batch of releases. Most of this first set seems not as densely layered as the Elseq material, however; it's a more minimal approach... 

I am hoping for some of the later sessions to be weirder and more mind-bending, like the feeling I got when I heard Autechre in the early days and felt like I didn't know what the heck was happening. I put on 'Confield' again today for the first time in ages, and it struck me how warm and mysterious it sounded after all the new stuff. The mastering seemed totally different. I guess it was a different period and different process. The new stuff is still banging, thrilling, really interesting, however.....Like the best classiest, most imaginative dance music ever.  

Anyway - every track on this first session is really great, except I can't get into the second one yet. 

Edited by Lianne