IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

i had a wild party last night and i have a hard time typing but we listened to the whole nts sessions in one go and goddamnit, it was fukkin amazing! blown the fuck away!

it is some of the most accessible AE but also some of the best and bizarre musick they made yet, both sessions are equally the tits

and with all respect but boring?? gtfo, all other music sounds boring after this

if there are other electronic artists out there that release music this awesome and bonkers pls show them to me cause i can't find em

oh and 9chr 0 is a monster track!!

I dunno, I'm kind of partial to Oberman Knocks... And Purient is pretty fuckn amazing too... That sound design... *drool*

But... There's very few artists that reach AE level.

Maybe in another 20 years. =P

If we're lucky.

One can dream, да?

=P

besides elseq for me its one of their most un-accessible releases, there is so much going on that i wish i had 2 more pairs of ears.

oh and regarding mindblowing electronic music i would definitely say opn (sound design is fking nxt lvl)

Edited by Kavinsky

besides elseq for me its one of their most un-accessible releases, there is so much going on that i wish i had 2 more pairs of ears.

oh and regarding mindblowing electronic music i would definitely say opn (sound design is fking nxt lvl)

yes of course there is a lot of mindblowing music out there but not like this and un-accessible? just put your saftybelt on, say a prayer and go with the ride

heh I was a little harsh last night, after a few wobbly pops. Boring is not a fair word to describe any of this.

apologies fair thread-goers.

I stand by the rest of what I said but take back the word boring. that was just rude.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I listened to session 1 through speakers for the first time yesterday and it went way up in my estimation. Going to leave it a few weeks before listening to session 2 again, I think I need to give each one some time to sink in.

heh I was a little harsh last night, after a few wobbly pops. Boring is not a fair word to describe any of this.

I stand by the rest of what I said but take back the word boring. that was just rude.

No worries... I think we've all posted things we don't agree with the day after.

=P

Even if you did find it boring, you're allowed to think and feel what you think and feel.

=D

*support group mode off*

If you ever do it again...!!!

=P

Hehe...

No worries... I think we've all posted things we don't agree with the day after.

=P

Even if you did find it boring, you're allowed to think and feel what you think and feel.

=D

*support group mode off*

=P

Hehe...

more: I think it is a common experience that, with Ae's new releases, if we are in a moment of decline in attention, everything can suddenly appear boring or even repulsive. Personally, I can immerse myself in the new Ae ocean just when my mind is rested and willing to abandon: all analytical criteria are left aside and they cum in all their baroque and lascivious spontaneity... 

I must say, however, that in the last two weeks I have been listening to this new vision of hell without being able to give me at least one hour of peace. I see almost no more people, and those few, look at me with the eye of mercy, as you look at a person fallen into disgrace.

I listened to session 1 through speakers for the first time yesterday and it went way up in my estimation.

I'd say these first two at least are much more of speakers rather than headphones type listening. I almost always prefer speaker listening though so I'm biased.

i had a wild party last night and i have a hard time typing but we listened to the whole nts sessions in one go

You throw the type of parties where everyone listens to four hours of intense Ae??

I almost always prefer speaker listening though so I'm biased.

Same here, but it made more difference to NTS1 than it does to most music in my experience.

i had a wild party last night and i have a hard time typing but we listened to the whole nts sessions in one go

You throw the type of parties where everyone listens to four hours of intense Ae??

hell yeah bruh, while playing trackmania turbo on ps4 with a pool of booze and bush of weed all night

Well im with bulk on this. I found myself skipping through both sessions and fast-forwarding tracks, biiiig 'so far'

Last time i did that was with eastre and before that with subrange 6-36 but just to see if anything elsez going on. Im not saying this is bad per se (subrange 6-36 is my fav ae track now) just itz different. I see these sessions just like that, like sessions, something that differs from their regular releases. They have albums that are the most emotionally pollished and time-proof, eps that are "more radical ideas", release of live sets /cause ppl asked/, which are the most 'immidiate' and now this sessions which are something in between, maybe between eps and lives.

Imo

Imo

Imo

imo

u know how this reads like..? “when they released confield, they stopped making real music and from there on it’s just abstract wank. When will they ever make real music again” - it’s this, but 2018 version.. the bois are clearly exploring that longer format & normalizing new extremes here, there’s a lot actually, some obvious bullet points are: “long-ass stretched-out tracks (longer than comfortable)”, “steadier-than-comfortable beats”, “less curation of their system”

imo, it’s just a very confident approach and imo it’s just what their new “album” is.. what if there will never be something ever again which you could call an “Autechre album” because the new output doesn’t suit the arbitrary definition of what you would find on one from the past.

Still reading thru since I had a couple days off cos I couldn't listen...

Anyway, this i agree with fwiw.

=P

=D

*support group mode off*

=P

Hehe...

more: I think it is a common experience that, with Ae's new releases, if we are in a moment of decline in attention, everything can suddenly appear boring or even repulsive. Personally, I can immerse myself in the new Ae ocean just when my mind is rested and willing to abandon: all analytical criteria are left aside and they cum in all their baroque and lascivious spontaneity...

I must say, however, that in the last two weeks I have been listening to this new vision of hell without being able to give me at least one hour of peace. I see almost no more people, and those few, look at me with the eye of mercy, as you look at a person fallen into disgrace.

Woah crikey

maybe elseq was mastered and these aren't

anyway has anyone considered the vinyl might be edited

would it need to be? pretty sure gonk steady one and turbile casual are just a cut under length needed to fit on one side of a 12” record

Too comfortable in these long grooves.

Well I can understand your point. E.g. as for e0, I criticize there could be more melodic variation and progression. In my dreams Ae would create complex works like classical symphonies,,, with their gear and more traditional development. This does not mean they couldn't do their awesome things, rhythms... The opposite is the case. I could fully accept a Shostakovich 11 like Symphony made by Ae.