IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

we need to get footage of them doing this stuff live.. my bet is on that being the next big thng

I would not count on it, we're talking about a duo that play in the complete darkness.

Edited by D4M0

^ experiencing new material like this is exciting af. never synced a fresh release in chat before, only to have it immediately available for dl and repeat listening at leisure.

l3 ctrl

the-terminator-2-robots.gif

fuck yeah robots with lasers. robocop carrying a ghost up a mountain. bombs and swords and that.

I listened to session 1 through speakers for the first time yesterday and it went way up in my estimation. Going to leave it a few weeks before listening to session 2 again, I think I need to give each one some time to sink in.

I was going to post exactly the same thing after, well, doing exactly the same thing. Session 1 just sings through speakers compared to cans. I can't recall them doing so many amazingly complex things with the sound-stage before - this is next level for that too.

Edited by Jamesqdot

when Exai came out, I found it really tough to listen to the whole thing in one go - all the details seemed to blur together and I didn't know how to approach an album with that kind of running time. now, we already have twice the amount of material but it doesn't seem as menacing or inaccessible to me - quite the opposite actually. I've been listening to both sessions every day now in all kinds of scenarios and they seem to go by really fast. In terms of track2track flow, I think the NTS sessions are much better than elseq. Needless to say, I've also fallen in love with Exai since.

still cant get into Exai it lies somewhere in a dark corner while the other records enjoy my sunny living room. sorry Exai

besides elseq for me its one of their most un-accessible releases, there is so much going on that i wish i had 2 more pairs of ears.

oh and regarding mindblowing electronic music i would definitely say opn (sound design is fking nxt lvl)

While NTS might not be their most accessible release to date, have you ever heard of this little album called Confield?

thats why i´ve said "one" of their most, read more carefully !

when Exai came out, I found it really tough to listen to the whole thing in one go - all the details seemed to blur together and I didn't know how to approach an album with that kind of running time. now, we already have twice the amount of material but it doesn't seem as menacing or inaccessible to me - quite the opposite actually. I've been listening to both sessions every day now in all kinds of scenarios and they seem to go by really fast. In terms of track2track flow, I think the NTS sessions are much better than elseq. Needless to say, I've also fallen in love with Exai since.

still cant get into Exai it lies somewhere in a dark corner while the other records enjoy my sunny living room. sorry Exai

Try again. Incredible hip hop tracks...like company flow 2099.

Edited by bendish

I wonder how people can enjoy the triple barbecue. Same question as with known(1).

In 8 years I'll know if I like the barbecue as much as I like known one

I love known(1) - One of the first tracks to grab me on Oversteps. For some reason it instantly took me back to 90s rpgs particularly the Amiga version of Heroquest

I love known(1) - One of the first tracks to grab me on Oversteps. For some reason it instantly took me back to 90s rpgs particularly the Amiga version of Heroquest

Totally agree! Very reminiscent of those games/era/platform. Good example, too!

hearing known1 for the first time was a real wtf moment, i had to double check that it was real when oversteps first leaked because it sounded so unlike anything they had done. I hated it for a while but now it's one of my favorites on the album. Similarly, I could tell Exai was a really great album but it took some time for me to really WANT to listen to it, now it's one of my most revisited. 

Edited by David Bowman

XFlood.A is a backdoor that allows hackers to gain remote access to the affected computer in order to carry out actions that compromise user confidentiality and impede the tasks performed on the computer.

It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:

It turns the computer into a platform for malicious action against remote computers surreptitiously.

It reduces the security level of the computer:

It opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer and takes action that compromises user confidentiality.
It notifies the attacker that the computer has been compromised and is ready to be used maliciously.

XFlood.A does not spread automatically using its own means. It needs the attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer. The means of transmission used include, among others, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, email messages with attached files, Internet downloads, FTP, IRC channels, peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing networks, etc.

Further Details 
XFlood.A has the following additional characteristics:

It is written in the programming language Visual C++.
It is 10105 bytes in size.
It is compressed with FSG.