IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Finally got time to listen to NTS 2..  Enjoying this more then 1 but so far i think both are better then Elseq. Seems like they have refined that sound or approach somewhat and its bloody beautiful.   I think it might be my favourite material for quite a time.

At times it reminds me of some Mark Fell or other contemporary minimal electronic artists (coh, alva noto, Gabor Lazar etc) but AE got a bit of a wacky electronic music influence instead of a academic approach which makes the music ALMOST more accessible initially then some of their more recent output to me, maybe there is often a rhythmic familiarity to it.

Rian Treanor (son of mark fell) has some music that could be viewed as slightly similar by that description but sounds totally different in execution and not nearly as out there but still good if you are looking for some similar Max+FMsynths music but he certainly has a foot in dance music still.  
Anyone have any other recommendations for similar artists to explore that I might have missed? 

Bring on the next 2 aye

At times it reminds me of some Mark Fell or other contemporary minimal electronic artists

bqbqbq totally sounds like Autechre x Mark Fell to me yeah. It's becoming one of my fave ae tracks.

WATMM: "jim pls"

Sean: "chewie pls"

Chewbacca: (9 chrO)

My thoughts today.

Can we please send banhammerz to those goddamn newbs? Confield 4 times listened to? WTF is this? Is this possible?

Edited by Guest

I don’t understand why this stupid af countdown website takes several seconds to load

- It loads 40 JavaScript files

- The scripts appear to be loaded synchronously

- It loads 4 stylesheets

- It loads 12 images

- It loads 3 fonts

- It loads 9 HTML documents, 3 of which are a "Facebook Cross-Domain Messaging helper"

- The only data it appears to actually need is in 156 bytes of JSON provided by an XHR request that takes 10 seconds to load

Help

A piano is the back of xflood... am i alone to hear that ?

Sounds like someone wandering with one fing on a keyboard from time to time kik

The first and most difficult step is giving a shit.

True - This is basically what life should be about.

I am more interested in if you a) recognize Chewbacca is singing 9 chrO and b) -> vocals, finally! and c) do you understand the lyrics? Is it about BoC, sex or metaphysical trumping?

Edited by Guest

ooh maybe xflood is the long lost relative of prac-f

very long and very lost but still a relative

Edited by qaz

Help

A piano is the back of xflood... am i alone to hear that ?

Sounds like someone wandering with one fing on a keyboard from time to time kik

Yeah definitely. At the end of the track right ? It's quite clear imo. Sounds kind of like the "sampled" piano in acdwn2, although now I suspect that might actually be physical modelling synthesis ?