IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

these are people who are fully utilizing the fact that we are living in the future. who the hell does this??

people who don't whine about lack of physical media on release.

Actually not to bad a review.. the 1st comment under the article made me lol though 30 quid for 8 hours of music is surely very reasonable in anyone's books.. well ovs not

"Warp really needs to get real with their prices.what an utter fucking joke.who on earth would pay 30squid for a god damn WAV file.....already know the answer to that. a good 1/3rd of WATMM :D "

Edited by kirm

Help

A piano is the back of xflood... am i alone to hear that ?

Sounds like someone wandering with one fing on a keyboard from time to time kik

Definitely, I hear it throughout the track when I listen. Really adds to the creepiness.

yes its like a melodic ghost   :ohmy:

also if you like this kind of sounds :

'Violvoic - perhaps the most faithful purely synthesized sonic recreation of diarhhea ever made'. 

More here: https://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/autechre-nts-sessions-1-4.793378/

"I think Autechre is close to what would take place if Tool started making techno."

I love tool as much as the next person but that's an insult to Ae.

Something struck me as a mild annoyance today, that I realized has kind of been the case for many tracks here on NTS, as well as elseq. That's the boys' cavalier attitude towards extremely loud high frequency noises. I can't find many examples off the top of my head except gonk steady one at 16:15 (and plenty of other parts) and mesh cinereaL's general high end loudness but I know I've had this thought many times while listening to the NTS sessions the last few days. I'm sitting there listening at work and I feel like I've really gotta just turn the volume down all of the sudden because of some unexpected 2-4khz burst of loud noise.

This is not a get off my lawn thing, I actually think NTS is shaping up to be my fav ae release yet, and gonk steady one is probably my fav track of the lot so far, but that high end stuff is really grating on my ears.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I broken?

Hey,

You are not alone in that . I find it really hard to listen to Mesh CinereaL as it almost 'hurts' my ears / brain... i've wondered if it is just a pain of processing that weird resonance effect (i.e. my brain hurts when it processes the visual) or if its actually my cells dying from being exposed to loud high freqs. I haven't had the exact same effect listening to this one yet but have found myself turning it up and turning it down so now you mention it there is probably something to it.

I'm seeing them in a few months and can only imagine that wearing ear plugs is a bad idea but don't wanna get an audio spear through my head either ... anyone had experience in a live setting recently and if plugs are in fact a terrible , terrible idea.

Last time i wore plugs was at Sunn o))) and thank Christ i was. I took them out just for a little bit at one time and felt my brain being carved out

At the lyon OneSix set the sound was just perfect, well balanced, powerful but not too loud, so no need for earplugs.

Edit: of course I was outside during Haswell's set

Edited by D4M0

these are people who are fully utilizing the fact that we are living in the future. who the hell does this??

people who don't whine about lack of physical media on release.

This. I have friends who are Ae fans who slept through El seq but are on the NTS train because of the vinyl . Strange ritualistic behaviour

thats really a shame. elseq is some of the best stuff they have ever done. to look past it simply cos it doesnt have a phsyical release is just silly if you ask me. i mean even if nts sessions didnt have a physical release i would still think this is right up there with elseq. i feel like i like nts sessions about on par with elseq, but for different reasons, at least the first two sessions. we've yet to experience what is yet to come.

…oh I can't wait…

No physicals is kind of a relief for me. Right now I'm anxious that I'm not going to be able to afford to buy the vinyl box before it goes off sale, which I will regret even if I know it's completely fucking irrational.

Also re: loud noises at high-mid frequencies. Yes I totally get this with a lot of elseq, less so with latest stuff. Can be a bit off putting, I listened to mesh cinereal yesterday and thought exactly that.

Don't get that problem with Exai at all.

Did you guys notice that the next session will be on Bicycle Day? Maybe it's going to be extra-psychedelic.

this is a very good call.. i be trying to find a little dose, tho even if not, the stream will be streamed on a bike this time, for sure

Can’t get any better, week off sitting in the sunshine with NTS 1&2 as my soundtracks for the day blasting into the garden neighbours won’t like it but that’s fine we don’t get a long! More excitingly we have new material tomorrow, perfect! Now let’s work on this tan

xflood is secretly an Autechre + Giacinto Scelsi collab. Sam & Bob have coded a Max/MSP time travel modul for their current system.

I share the same suspicion. All mention Ligeti, more generally Lux Aeterna, but the repetitiveness of the choir, less rich under the chromatic aspect, but totally devoted to a nefarious feeling, leads straight to the epic depression of uaxuctum ..

xflood is secretly an Autechre + Giacinto Scelsi collab. Sam & Bob have coded a Max/MSP time travel modul for their current system.

I share the same suspicion. All mention Ligeti, more generally Lux Aeterna, but the repetitiveness of the choir, less rich under the chromatic aspect, but totally devoted to a nefarious feeling, leads straight to the epic depression of uaxuctum ..

ps: considering the esoteric past of Giacinto, I am more inclined to believe that it was he who transposed in the future to rise an infection between Roberto and his unpredictable colleague.

I went to a metal show when I was 20 ish, and I stood right next to a PA there for the hour or so of the set.

TO THIS DAY I find everything I listen to sounds slightly louder in my right ear than my left, to the extent that I sometimes use EQ to pan music to the left a little just so it sounds balanced for me.

I wish I had worn earplugs. Now that I generally do wear them, I find I enjoy the shows better and can hear things much more clearly.

To add to this, I've been semi-regularly attending parties for years with no problems, then at the start of December I went to one that was in a smaller room than usual and have had quite bad tinnitus ever since. Wear earplugs.

Yeah I was always under the impression they were crazy loud live - One of the main reasons I've held off seeing them (though since have purchased earplugs for audio usage)