these are people who are fully utilizing the fact that we are living in the future. who the hell does this??

=X

I wear ear plugs when listening through speakers too...

If it's coming from the outside of my plugs, it's music, if it's coming from the inside. I'm just hearing shit...

Psychiatric evaluation X 2 here I come....

On another note... The 3D modeling of these tracks is crazy... I keep turning around thinking I'm hearing something that's not there...

AE makes my schizophrenia act up...

I too wish they'd cool it with the high pitched really grating stuff. l3ctrl is another one where it's going on.

i dont know what you people are talking about the bass drowns out all that shit

these are people who are fully utilizing the fact that we are living in the future. who the hell does this??

people who don't whine about lack of physical media on release.

This. I have friends who are Ae fans who slept through El seq but are on the NTS train because of the vinyl . Strange ritualistic behaviour

Yjy ux is the worst to me. I need to eq it if i want to listent to it loud enough...and itz my fav track :(

A few seconds before bqbqbq starts playing:

https://i.imgur.com/6FSRnzZ.gifv

wait what. that's not you is it

No, it's how bqbqbq came into creation. bleep bloop loop glitching out due to water damage while it slowly sinks into the depths.

Actually not to bad a review.. the 1st comment under the article made me lol though 30 quid for 8 hours of music is surely very reasonable in anyone's books.. well ovs not

"Warp really needs to get real with their prices.what an utter fucking joke.who on earth would pay 30squid for a god damn WAV file.....already know the answer to that. a good 1/3rd of WATMM :D "

Edited by kirm

Help

A piano is the back of xflood... am i alone to hear that ?

Sounds like someone wandering with one fing on a keyboard from time to time kik

Definitely, I hear it throughout the track when I listen. Really adds to the creepiness.

yes its like a melodic ghost   :ohmy:

also if you like this kind of sounds :

'Violvoic - perhaps the most faithful purely synthesized sonic recreation of diarhhea ever made'. 

More here: https://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/autechre-nts-sessions-1-4.793378/

"I think Autechre is close to what would take place if Tool started making techno."

I love tool as much as the next person but that's an insult to Ae.

Something struck me as a mild annoyance today, that I realized has kind of been the case for many tracks here on NTS, as well as elseq. That's the boys' cavalier attitude towards extremely loud high frequency noises. I can't find many examples off the top of my head except gonk steady one at 16:15 (and plenty of other parts) and mesh cinereaL's general high end loudness but I know I've had this thought many times while listening to the NTS sessions the last few days. I'm sitting there listening at work and I feel like I've really gotta just turn the volume down all of the sudden because of some unexpected 2-4khz burst of loud noise.

This is not a get off my lawn thing, I actually think NTS is shaping up to be my fav ae release yet, and gonk steady one is probably my fav track of the lot so far, but that high end stuff is really grating on my ears.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I broken?

Hey,

You are not alone in that . I find it really hard to listen to Mesh CinereaL as it almost 'hurts' my ears / brain... i've wondered if it is just a pain of processing that weird resonance effect (i.e. my brain hurts when it processes the visual) or if its actually my cells dying from being exposed to loud high freqs. I haven't had the exact same effect listening to this one yet but have found myself turning it up and turning it down so now you mention it there is probably something to it.

I'm seeing them in a few months and can only imagine that wearing ear plugs is a bad idea but don't wanna get an audio spear through my head either ... anyone had experience in a live setting recently and if plugs are in fact a terrible , terrible idea.

Last time i wore plugs was at Sunn o))) and thank Christ i was. I took them out just for a little bit at one time and felt my brain being carved out

At the lyon OneSix set the sound was just perfect, well balanced, powerful but not too loud, so no need for earplugs.

Edit: of course I was outside during Haswell's set

Edited by D4M0

This. I have friends who are Ae fans who slept through El seq but are on the NTS train because of the vinyl . Strange ritualistic behaviour

thats really a shame. elseq is some of the best stuff they have ever done. to look past it simply cos it doesnt have a phsyical release is just silly if you ask me. i mean even if nts sessions didnt have a physical release i would still think this is right up there with elseq. i feel like i like nts sessions about on par with elseq, but for different reasons, at least the first two sessions. we've yet to experience what is yet to come.

…oh I can't wait…

No physicals is kind of a relief for me. Right now I'm anxious that I'm not going to be able to afford to buy the vinyl box before it goes off sale, which I will regret even if I know it's completely fucking irrational.

Also re: loud noises at high-mid frequencies. Yes I totally get this with a lot of elseq, less so with latest stuff. Can be a bit off putting, I listened to mesh cinereal yesterday and thought exactly that.

Don't get that problem with Exai at all.

Exai has a really rounded sound from memory... will have to give it another go soon once i have a chance... except as someone mentioned earlier i think the last track has a few shrilly moments. 

Re: Tool ... blah. Do not get me started on this. It is an insult to insinuate that Tool and Ae are somehow on the same level of creativity / experimentation / sound mastery. I'll leave it at that because i have some stronger opinions that don't need to be espoused in the Spergodome. 

Re: physical releases... yep we all on the same page. When Ae themselves said that the digital file was the product in the AAA it seems bizarre for a fan to place some weird kind of obstacle in the way of recognising it as a legit release. Converting it, messing it around, pressing it to some melted wax... just so it can be a real boy. Strange. This being said, i have every Ae release except a handful (Garbage, Anvil Vapre, Envane 2, Peel 1) on wax so i get the attraction of wanting to fill out the collection... but hopefully these boys will be producing music well into the era when there will be some kind of augmented reality / virtual reality counterpart with the music (maybe not though since they prefer to play in the dark without any visual distraction but one can dream... perhaps a third party will pick it up and just run WinAmp visual simulator in immersive 3d)..... and... the idea of needing a vinyl copy of it will just seem silly when vinyl enters its next uncool / outdated phase. 

Re: El Seq. Yep. That at the time ... for me at least... was the best Ae i'd heard. I do hear and understand the criticisms about the meandering tracks... unnecessary exploration of the same palette... uninteresting tracks... and i think the same about some of them (I have listened to Mesh CinereaL, Elyc.., and Eastre only about 8-10 times each)... so... i just don't listen to those tracks. But i always have skipped tracks on their LPs if i'm listening to a digital copy.

six of eight reminds me of boc's jacquard causeway in a few ways

8 days until I get paid... hold tight vinyl cru

New Nuts To Soup session and new God of War turning up all on the same day.

"I gotta say, tomorrow is a good day"

I like physical releases but...Music is the product.

**makes 13% of unrelated remarks**

Edited by xox

Did you guys notice that the next session will be on Bicycle Day? Maybe it's going to be extra-psychedelic.

this is a very good call.. i be trying to find a little dose, tho even if not, the stream will be streamed on a bike this time, for sure