IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Still considering a single session vinyl (because them pricetags..) anyone know how those are packaged? Are there mini boxes per session that fit in the larger box?  Or do they just hand you a stack of sleeves like this

oZCUnl3SW1hsBLc4HY_lk-aurRULKPaKnd4qgIaJ

Sorry bro, they are 12 LPs in a single box. So pic is accurate. 

Today I am going in sequence, up to 2b (gonk tuf hi)

yeah just popped out and checked phone, got an ochre text at 9:30 this morning.

Getting it on Monday

!hype!

same :cisfor:

Bring it

Same here

So to those of you with the vinyl box set, how does it sound? No one had any production issues or anything with theirs? I still have six more days until mine delivers.

I got mine! The whole thing is lush. But customs burned an additional 75 dollar hole in my pocket :(

Anecdotally seeing a few people being hit by customs charges in the US. Pretty rough considering the high price in the first place.

I got mine! The whole thing is lush. But customs burned an additional 75 dollar hole in my pocket :(

Anecdotally seeing a few people being hit by customs charges in the US. Pretty rough considering the high price in the first place.

Strange considering it was only £120. That's like $150, didn't think Americans had to pay duties on anything below $200.

That's assuming you are in the US obviously

Yes - I got dinged ~$56 CAD via Aramex (the broker handling the Ochre/DPD shipment upon its entry into Canada).

So to anyone in Canada (and USA as well), heads up that it is likely there will be some hefty brokerage and duty to pay unfortunately if you chose the Ochre (and in the case of Aramex; you pay your duty in advance, online, via Credit Card only) method rather than FedEx (though I'm assuming FedEx is equally as hefty a fee).

Edited by Hexahedral

152566853644803iq0.png

''sean, sean pls! sean, calm down , just calm down pls.... he's with us! he's ok. he didnt mean that... he didn know you hate when ppl use logic's pianoroll with modulars''

Just picked up my slabs of rich autechre meat. No customs duty for me. I did choose the FedEx Couriered tracking and am in the US. That is shitty to hear about the customs people are having to pay. I've ordered clothes and shoes from Scotland and England, some orders which were around 200-300USD or more, and have never had to pay customs.
Have not even opened the seal on it yet so cannot comment on the auido quality at this time. Gonna see if a phographer friend of mine will shoot some nice pics for me as my phones camera is trash.

Gonna see if a phographer friend of mine will shoot some nice pics for me as my phones camera is trash.

like this?

NSFW

Mh5KQRK.jpg

lol something like that, yeah.

on a side note, everyone else has probably gathered this by now, but I hadn't chequed discogs so upon examaning the vinyl I'm seeing they've split shimripl casual into two sides and all end into three. Interesting. Would guess it's to do with the frequency dynamics and space. all end would have sounded crap split into only two sides I'm sure.

Economies of scale . You outsource the looking after child bit to the first born and sit back and listen to Ae on headphones. All those high frequencies in NTS filters out any screaming in the background :)

Perfect! 'Autechre baby noise cancelling headphones' New product idea for some Ae merch - in the 'new parent line'?

I'm curious as to the design of the CD box versus LP box. The wee black rectangle on the spine next to the '1', which appears to represent the 'mirror' of the left edge of the '4', on the front of the CD box appears out of alignment in many images I've seen, kind of squashed in there as opposed to LP box where all is nicely spaced and even. Seems an odd blip to me, would've been so easy to scale the LP design down to make it the same. Oh well. Certainly doesn't dampen the incredible music inside.