IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I'd rather see Counselor Troi in the noodz

Death Wish 3
Thank you good sir

Aaand... it's a fully clothed rape scene. Not cool.

Computer, show happy bobbies.

Edited by Gocab

... still 0 results since typing that.  watmm search is so goddamn mysterious.

The forum search is a fucking joke..

Using google you can find it mentioned several times:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/94971-autechre-nts-residency-o/page-84

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/94971-autechre-nts-residency-o/page-174

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/94971-autechre-nts-residency-o/page-126

etc..

someone in chat this morning linked the pitchfork exai review and we realised the first line is:

Autechre neither make casual music, nor do they make music casually

Beginning of filenaming convention?

Ahahaha very good.  Man, what a weird way to start any piece of writing.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

according to the search function in this thread, there are 8 pages worth of gonk mentions and not a single reference to four of seven.

four of seven = instant classic for me. 2018's arch carrier. <3<3<3

I'm only on my second listen through, just finished nts1 again.  Is anyone treating these as 4 double albums?  ie. just absorbing #1 for the next few months before moving onto the next?  Considering my listening habits that probably would have been a good way to go about this, along with their last 2 releases.  I'm still not at all familiar with either Ae Live or that other one that came after it.

Yeah wtf zephyr, if you're enjoying NTS the livesets might blow your mind tho (ignore elseq it elsuqs)

I've been usually listening to one CD through then bouncing to the next over and over, sometimes popping on random tracks I'm in the mood for digitally. Can't imagine just listening to one hour of it, knowing the rest is there too lol. Lack of willpower I guess?

is there some kind of rule I don't know about where if you like autechre, you need to be arbitrarily convinced that exactly one of their albums sucks? (and you can't pick the same one as anyone else.) it would explain so many opinions around here tbh.

Edited by Guest

I'm only on my second listen through, just finished nts1 again.  Is anyone treating these as 4 double albums?  ie. just absorbing #1 for the next few months before moving onto the next?  Considering my listening habits that probably would have been a good way to go about this, along with their last 2 releases.  I'm still not at all familiar with either Ae Live or that other one that came after it.

Been listening to it in my car and yes, completely agree on the 4 double-album thing. NTS 2 and 3 have a lot of similarities, but NTS 1 and NTS 4 stand out a lot on their own as seperate entities. El-Seq felt more like it was a whole, monolithic album.

is there some kind of rule I don't know about where if you like autechre, you need to be arbitrarily convinced that exactly one of their albums sucks? (and you can't pick the same one as anyone else.) it would explain so many opinions around here tbh.

lol no but they do have absolutely hours and hours and hours and hours of music so it's no surprise that some stuff doesn't work for most fans. i can pick a track or two on pretty much every album i don't like, and so forth, but i'm a picky shit.

How Auxien doesn't like El Seq will never cease to perplex me. I do think he is just sticking to his guns on this one tho.

El Seq 4 is up there with peak Ae 

there's some tracks that are deece and a few parts of other tracks that aren't the worst but overall just don't enjoy that collection. feels half baked imo. 

(ignore elseq it elsuqs)

Elsqooz me?!

:D

really need to stop ever mentioning this because it always turns into 5 or 10 posts and that's just silly