IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

As for NTS in general, it's been a good month and a half since I last touched it. *******Got sidetracked with the latest Aphex, Richard Devine, Oberman Knocks, and Ochre.******

LoLa

no worries duder, just be casual...

Just be casual.

(Three word limit)

Wise words.

so we all agree that 0nset is the best? nice.

Man, the highs on this are really high.  I mean the high points, rather than the frequencies, but that is also true.  And I like it.  I'm liking the sharp edges.  Still only on my second listen through (just nearly the end of disc 2, 9chr0).  I do think a lot of tracks could have been edited down some to their benefit... but overall I'm finding lots to like, lots to be exaited about.  Gonna have to give Elseq another listen through after this.

Man, the highs on this are really high.  I mean the high points, rather than the frequencies, but that is also true.  And I like it.  I'm liking the sharp edges.  Still only on my second listen through (just nearly the end of disc 2, 9chr0).  I do think a lot of tracks could have been edited down some to their benefit... but overall I'm finding lots to like, lots to be exaited about.  Gonna have to give Elseq another listen through after this.

Yeah, elseq has a warmer feel (more low mids and bass, not such razor sharp treble) which I might prefer

but NTS is such a tasty sausage of a release, for a good while it was all i listened to

(just nearly the end of disc 2, 9chr0).

Wouldn't that be disc 4?

Sorry, session 2.  I'm all digital.

Oh man, that reverb fuckery section at the end of... Splesh I believe it was?... which then gets cut off cruelly far far too soon... fuck that's upsetting.  Of all the things to not draw out forever.  WTF Rod 'n' Steve???  

Oh man, that reverb fuckery section at the end of... Splesh I believe it was?... which then gets cut off cruelly far far too soon... fuck that's upsetting. Of all the things to not draw out forever. WTF Rod 'n' Steve???

yeh wish there was an hour of that thing at the end of splesh

Edited by Guest

Haha there are so many arrangement choices that are the exact opposite of what I'd go with.  Just drawing out certain sections that seem totally unnecesary to go beyond 3 minutes, and then adding like a minute of bliss at the end of it that I would centre an entire track around.  So weird... it's part of what keeps the æxperience so compelling.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Oh man, that reverb fuckery section at the end of... Splesh I believe it was?... which then gets cut off cruelly far far too soon... fuck that's upsetting. Of all the things to not draw out forever. WTF Rod 'n' Steve???

XD

Haha there are so many arrangement choices that are the exact opposite of what I'd go with.  Just drawing out certain sections that seem totally unnecesary to go beyond 3 minutes, and then adding like a minute of bliss at the end of it that I would centre an entire track around.  So weird... it's part of what keeps the æxperience so compelling.

Yeah I live for that shit though! one of my fav things to hear in music...Which is strange, because it is sort of annoying while at the same time being the coolest thing ever.

XD

ha

Haha there are so many arrangement choices that are the exact opposite of what I'd go with. Just drawing out certain sections that seem totally unnecesary to go beyond 3 minutes, and then adding like a minute of bliss at the end of it that I would centre an entire track around. So weird... it's part of what keeps the æxperience so compelling.

Spot on observation. This has always been my only real quip with their typical compositional structure. The worst offenders are on their earlier albums: so many tracks wrap up the percussion but then let the melodic elements loop on for ages (viz. first track off ISS:SA).

NTS is actually nice in a way because the drawn out bits are at least getting subtly tweaked or gradually morphed. But I hadn't explicitly noticed until you said this how many short chunks I'd love to hear further explored/developed (reminds me of the Lego Feet stuff in that way).

(just nearly the end of disc 2, 9chr0).

Wouldn't that be disc 4?

Sorry, session 2.  I'm all digital.

Oh man, that reverb fuckery section at the end of... Splesh I believe it was?... which then gets cut off cruelly far far too soon... fuck that's upsetting.  Of all the things to not draw out forever.  WTF Rod 'n' Steve???  

I'm subscribing to this thread to hear more of your thoughts as you progress. It's nice when people listen through something you've been digesting already. Like how I only tend to watch reviews for movies after I've seen the movie, it's interesting to hear other takes on things.

:beer:

Well right now I'm loving the hell out of tt1pd.  Those wide 3D noise clouds stretching and compressing all over the stereo field, that steady pulsing bass groove + that finely chopped snappy percussion right in the centre... such a cool, unique combo.  The percussion reminds me of early Aphex drill 'n bass, but in a completely different context.  Then it kind of shifts to half time halfway through.  Fuck yeah.  This is one fierce, sexy track.  Oh man, then it gradually morphs into a fucked up shuffle groove.  This is one of their best tracks to date, fuck me.  21 minutes well spent.

Alright Acid Mwan Idle, let's have it.  Is that a cricket chipping loop??  Ha, another track that doesn't really remind me of any other before it.  Very hypnotic.  I like how the various loops fall in and out of sync with each other.  Could do with some more variation in this one personally.  The changes are extremely satisfying when they do occur.  Suggestions: keep those and edit it down to 7 minutes.