05 Figured It Out
06 Middle Ages
07 Mind the Droves
08 Privacy
09 Running Man
10 Second Death
11 1987
12 I Want to Live

Nice. I never really got into this dude until his most recent and I listen to him a lot now. Dig it. Sometimes his voice reminds me of Peter Steele and that's ok with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice. I never really got into this dude until his most recent and I listen to him a lot now. Dig it. Sometimes his voice reminds me of Peter Steele and that's ok with me.

Same here.

He did a AMA on reddit for those interested. Actually gave some really thorough answers.

Same here.

He did a AMA on reddit for those interested. Actually gave some really thorough answers.

Yeah, that was a great AMA.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree'd, this album is bloody awesome, the first 3 tracks are as good as his classic stuff imo. I rock out to very few artists but cant help myself with Maus, my gf doesnt like me singing dumpster baby in the car anymore tho. 
He is one of few artists I love listening to talk honestly about his music and ideas around his approach and philosophy. 

Cannot believe this was left off the album. 

I see the represses are hitting stores now, might have to stock up while i can..

Incredibly tragic to hear of the passing of his brother Joe today while on tour, he was great on bass in the vids I saw online of Pitchfork and that. 

https://www.stereogum.com/2007869/joseph-maus-brother-and-bandmate-of-john-maus-dead-at-30/news/

Rest of the tour cancelled.  Tough year for Maus, hope he has a close group of family and friends who will help him through this. His Ama was a little heartbreaking hear him talk about his wife leaving him too. Really sad considering his triumphant return to music. 

Archived