IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Don't know what to think about the Sakamoto's rework. On first listen it sounds odd. Last Known definitely wasn't my favorite piece on the album so I might be biased tho.

Holy shit, the Lexapro EP is really good (and out on streaming services currently).

First two tracks are already solid. Thank God I'm A Country Girl is a nice odd track, and that version of Babylon -- holy shit! Just wish the B-side of the EP was, y'know, longer than barely six minutes. :b

I was optimistic about the Alex G cover of Babylon but they managed to up the cheese even more on it (complete with dated as hell fade out)... still not sure if that's the point or not

Last Known Image is a track that's really grown on me and I love this rework. Not sure how I feel about Country Girl.

the fadeout is unnecessary but i liked the cover otherwise. overall i think this EP is the worst of the Age Of related releases, the only one i don't see myself returning to often.

i had an epiphany moment when i first watched that video squee made for babylon. before that i didn't really understand what i was listening to. after watching squee's video i was like, oh my god, this is a country ballad. ever since i have loved it. and i really like sandy alex. g's treatment of it. very lush.

This album was a disappointment for me. Too much filler. I like the second half of 'Toys 2', 'Last Image' (for the Jon Hassell vibes) and that bonus Japanese track. Tracks like 'Babylon' and a couple of others were just embarrassing.

However, I played 'Same' something like twenty thousand times - so it's not all bad. Lol.

Also, this was genius.

I don't THINK I've heard commissions 1 or 2. I enjoyed rifts though? =/

Commissions 1 sounds a bit like the r+7 stuff, Meet Your Creator is one of my favorite OPN tunes. Mellow-OPN I guess.

Commissions 2 is a killer release, Bullet Hell Abstraction is ADHD-OPN at its very best but I don't think it will suite your tastes given how you received GoD lol.

Also, MAGNETIC ROSE.

Which version of Rifts tho... 

220px-Rifts_2009.jpg 220px-Rifts_2012.jpg

Although the Mexican Summer re-release adds more trax, the original Not Not Fun release has the 'correct' track order for me, at least for reasons of associated nostalgia from listening to it lots back when it first came out.

Which version of Rifts tho... 

220px-Rifts_2009.jpg 220px-Rifts_2012.jpg

Although the Mexican Summer re-release adds more trax, the original Not Not Fun release has the 'correct' track order for me, at least for reasons of associated nostalgia from listening to it lots back when it first came out.

I believe I have the original one, as it's split into two parts rather than three.

i had an epiphany moment when i first watched that video squee made for babylon. before that i didn't really understand what i was listening to. after watching squee's video i was like, oh my god, this is a country ballad. ever since i have loved it. and i really like sandy alex. g's treatment of it. very lush.

made me appreciate the original in a different way, pleasantly surprised how tasteful, tactful, and well done it was

Warp Records in 2018: Everything was popup stores

opn00paeub.jpg

opn01swfvy.jpg

I know somebody wants to get me one of those shirts with Quark on the front. size M...   ; )

made me appreciate the original in a different way, pleasantly surprised how tasteful, tactful, and well done it was

Think I completely missed that one - Do you have the link ? (unless you're meaning what I think you're meaning in which case .... *titter* )

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like something being premiered today at midday UK time from Boiler Room/4:3

Oneohtrix Point Never in full-blown industrial sci-fi mode with some of his deadliest drum programming, ecstatic reckless synths & “sideways ragtime” piano played by James Blake. Premiering now on 4:3.

https://www.facebook.com/fourthree.boilerroom.tv/videos/1964146087213154/

edit: no new material, glossy live video of We'll Take It

Edited by WeAreOceans